Thank you Dave Boston jr.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Thank you Dave Boston jr.

Post by Orange and Brown »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:I heard Brad Woodson possibly interested?
I know he coaches girls basketball at Grove City...Is his daugter a senior?

stoleit_2711
Waterboy

Post by stoleit_2711 »

Anyone can easily replace Boston, he didn't do too much coaching. If he were as great a coach as people say, then he could have turned that Alexander program around. I believe that it's all in the athletes and the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators calling the plays. Given that I say Nelsonville-York has one more good year at football and then they fall no matter who is coach IMO.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

I believe Boston did have success at Alexander didnt they win the Hocking Division when they were in it and he was coaching? I remember he had things turned around pretty good. The actually had numbers enough to have a freshman team back then. Being a head coach and building a successful overall program involves a lot more than just calling plays on Friday night. If you were a coach you would realize that. Being a head coach is not an easy responsibility and Boston must have been doing something right.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Charles Farquar wrote:I believe Boston did have success at Alexander didnt they win the Hocking Division when they were in it and he was coaching? I remember he had things turned around pretty good. The actually had numbers enough to have a freshman team back then. Being a head coach and building a successful overall program involves a lot more than just calling plays on Friday night. If you were a coach you would realize that. Being a head coach is not an easy responsibility and Boston must have been doing something right.
You are right, Davey did in fact have a great deal of sucess at Alex. Still, no offical word from the Board!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

From my information, he and any coach at NY has to reeapply for jobs from the previous year. We may not know anything until the spring when all of the jobs are posted.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

A source close to the School Board said Coach Boston will return!

The 6th Man
Waterboy

Post by The 6th Man »

Orange and Brown wrote:
55Buckeyes98 wrote:I heard Brad Woodson possibly interested?
I know he coaches girls basketball at Grove City...Is his daugter a senior?

Yes, daughter is a senior this year. Brad Woodson is currently Groveport Madison's head varsity football & head varsity girls basketball coach. No matter where or what level he is coachn its going to b a successful program

The 6th Man
Waterboy

Post by The 6th Man »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Spenceman wrote:im not 100% sure but i heard Jay Kline want but u know how hear say goes just what i heard
Not my first or second choice.

Who is ur first & second choice then? Should we look within or get really crazy & flirt with idea of bringing n some1 w/o any ties or history at NY

buckeyefan4life
Waterboy

Post by buckeyefan4life »

Lets bring in someone who WILL WIN A DARN PLAYOFF GAME! And treat his players right. Not playing kids in the playoffs who start all season...That's BS. Hes done this for years.

But from what I heard Boston will now be back. He just wanted enough people to kiss his A$$ and make him feel wanted. Looks like another worthless TVC title and no playoff wins for NY in 2011.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

[quote="buckeyefan4life"]Lets bring in someone who WILL WIN A DARN PLAYOFF GAME! And treat his players right. Not playing kids in the playoffs who start all season...That's BS. Hes done this for years.But from what I heard Boston will now be back. He just wanted enough people to kiss his A$$ and make him feel wanted. Looks like another worthless TVC title and no playoff wins for NY in 2011.[/quote]

As I recall Boston did play the players who started all year. Your are nuts! there are many teams in this area who would love to win a champonship and go to the playoffs!

Sour Grapes!

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

OMG....buckeyefan4life...what are you talking about? I am pretty sure that Coach Boston Junior does not go out with intentions to lose games. He does what he thinks is right to win games. The main goal is the same for everyone from NY. Just because he does something that you do not agree with doesn't mean he doesn't want to win the game. He wasn't looking for people to kiss his A$$..He takes his job very seriously and is more successful at what he does than most people. If you think you could do better, apply for the job...See what happens.

The coach that came in and coached that you guys call an "outsider" was Coach Kevin Meade. The person talking bad about the guy must not know much about football. He took some teams that were not supposed to win many games and were pretty successful. There are not many guys around SEO football that knows as much about the game of football as this guy. He did play quarterback for a D1 program. I believe he had a pretty good coach around him. Someone by the name of Coach Jim Tressel. Maybe you've heard of him.

How about we support the people who are putting everything they have into these programs. Our team is winning more than losing on the field, and trust me, the outcome of the games is not the biggest attribute that Dave Boston Junior gives these kids.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

buckeyefan4life wrote:Lets bring in someone who WILL WIN A DARN PLAYOFF GAME! And treat his players right. Not playing kids in the playoffs who start all season...That's BS. Hes done this for years.

But from what I heard Boston will now be back. He just wanted enough people to kiss his A$$ and make him feel wanted. Looks like another worthless TVC title and no playoff wins for NY in 2011.
I went down and thought they could win the playoff game at Minford last year but they didn't even show up after the 1st quarter. It could be when they have to travel more than 40 miles and venture beyond TVC play they get homesick. You know how kids are.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Good luck next year coach! The future always looks bright in Nelsonville! Go Bucks!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

FANOSPORTS wrote:I went down and thought they could win the playoff game at Minford last year but they didn't even show up after the 1st quarter. It could be when they have to travel more than 40 miles and venture beyond TVC play they get homesick. You know how kids are.
Not quite. Middle of the defense out or playing injured might have been the culprit.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

91Buckeye wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:I went down and thought they could win the playoff game at Minford last year but they didn't even show up after the 1st quarter. It could be when they have to travel more than 40 miles and venture beyond TVC play they get homesick. You know how kids are.
Not quite. Middle of the defense out or playing injured might have been the culprit.
We had a D tackle suspened and a middle LB playing hurt

Return to “Football”