Huntington Football 2011

hbk2016
Varsity

Re: Huntington Football 2011

Post by hbk2016 »

They shouldn't have been so eager to run Coach Marquez out of town. Given enough time he would have gotten the program to a respectable level.

haha :)
Riding the Bench

Post by haha :) »

Totally agree with hbk, Ferdie would have been the man, if anyone, To turn this program around. Huntington actually had a lot of talent this year, they really did not get to show it due to the lack of coaching. They were not put in the right positions and were not capable of giving it all they had, they had the monkey on their back, expecually coming into the season with an 0-10 record from the previous year.
Huntington had plenty of games this year where they could have won, lets look to Alexander game, up at Half-Time, then just cant find a way to finish, NorthWest.. 4 oppurtunities to score, not including two if their DB's could catch the ball.
Unioto, first play of the game kickoff, could have recovered it and scored and momentum would have shifted their way quickly, Paint Valley, wow. If they wouldnt have had 6 turnovers they would have won this game by 20, but the same mistakes huntington is use to making.. TURNOVERS TURNOVERS TURNOVERS! Who seriously fumbles the ball your own 5 yrd line when your up? Why not just take a safety and then free kick it so their no where close to scoring, expecually when your defence has been holding them all night? Like i said a lack of coaching. Westfall game, had them on the ropes, but again TURNOVERS! 4 turnovers this game. Two of them were within 6 yards of scoring! lost by a touchdown..
Now, tell me this.. Is it the kids? Or is it the COaching?
Let's just say, the kids put their foot foward and came out wanting to play, the coaches? No! They ruined a shot for these kids, they should have won 4 games, but yet the win 0.
Someone needs to take over thi program, and turn it around quick, if not.. Before you know it, Huntington wont even have a football team.
Best Of luck to the Huntsmen!
And i pray you guys get a good coach, pray that its Beeler. Or a miracle, and Ferdie decides he want's it back
He'll be the one to turn it around if anyone.

johnny madrid
Waterboy

Post by johnny madrid »

And if the dog didn't stop to take a dump, he'd caught the rabbit.

ford7
Waterboy

Post by ford7 »

haha:) I completly DISAGREE...The coaching was there i dont think there was a coach in the SVC more hungry for a win than Coach Carmon week in and week out he came up with a new Game plan trying to get the boys ready to play..Every play a coach draws up on the board is designed to score. Not to turn the ball over in clutch situations...But i do agree on somethings the talent huntington had this year there's noway the kids should of went 0-10...Maybe it was the kids not believeing they could get the job done? or not enough kids wanting to win not putting the work in, in the offseason to win...Its takes a team to win all 11 guys on the team to win not just 5or6 whoever the coach is next year i hope the best for him and go Green

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Beeler will probably take the job and then end up coaching at CHS.

Hahahaha!

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Not sure I saw a ton of talent on the field for the Huntsmen...wow! As far as Beeler goes well he should stick to Softball - a fresh start is needed and not someone that has been working behind the scenes to get the job

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

ok! shoelace how can you say you didnt see a ton of talent the huntsmen had 14 seniors who were all talented and wanted to win games! so do me a favor and shut up! and as far as the beeler thing i think he should get the job he could help the program out!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Playing seniors on JV doesnt help your program. I too believe Beeler should get the job. He is local and can relate to the athletes there.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

HW - didn't mean to hurt your feelings. All I said was I didn't see a ton of talent on the field. I didn't say anything about 14 Seniors not wanting to win. Are you saying it was all on the coaches last year? I saw 4 Huntington games last year and the HHS kids always play hard but to say they were blessed with loads of talent is a stretch.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Post by pantherclawdefense »

Hopefully,someone does step in and turn it around,at SE the boys have been through those long losing streaks,,no fun at all.
From what i saw when we played them,composure could not be kept for an entire game...whether thats coaching or players who knows.

haha :)
Riding the Bench

Post by haha :) »

Yeah there was not too much talent for the Huntsmen.
Mabe exceptions for Mainers and Perkins/ Smith was an alright athlete as well.
But i dont see Huntingtons program turning around soon. They might win one game next year, if that.
Just hopefully they can beat Paint Valley. Both Teams lost a lot.

red and gray
Waterboy

Post by red and gray »

Huntington had kids that played hard all year however shoelace was correct in there was no standout of an athlete on the team.

I say if Huntington wants to continue their ways hire the same good ole boys. There is a saying that goes something like this "If you continue to do the same things over and over, how can you expect a different result". Huntington look outside and bring in new blood throughout. You can not just replace the top and expect different results either. You have to teach from the bottom up and get the kids out.

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

I heard as of right now there looking at a guy from zane trace or sam beeler like i said before I think if beeler can get the kids to come out he can have a good season. get gragg to come back out and get ronnie hettinger to stay they could be good

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Is the guy from ZT, Dwayne "Earl" Hall?

jackyl
Waterboy

Post by jackyl »

i hear that briedenbaugh(sp?)was getting the job and bringing back the entire staff....
i say just paint lines on the field and give soccer a try instead

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

I really didn't think it was possible for our program to fall even further. If this is truly the case, we have hit rock bottom. Steve is a great guy, but most definitely not a football coach at all. I agree with Jackyl, shut down the football program and bring in the communist sport if this hiring takes place. Sad situation.

doc.88
Waterboy

Post by doc.88 »

Who is starting all these rumors? I heard Beeler was the guy and he was bringing in some great assistant football coaches, to build a program? He got passed over when they hired Marquuezze, that cost us at least 2 SVC championships, I agree Huntington could be playing soccer, in a couple of years!

doc.88
Waterboy

Post by doc.88 »

You People?? what are you saying about Huntington people? BOOTY CRACK head back to the alley and do what you do best, as far as knowing talent when we see it, Marqueeeeezeeee lol ran off the best player, when he was at Huntington , ask anyone , or just read the local papers!

doc.88
Waterboy

Post by doc.88 »

Not old enough to have a kid that age, but old enough to know that under the last 2 coaches Huntingtons record is 16-54 in the past 7 yrs, is that what you call good coaching? Now thats a Joke!

doc.88
Waterboy

Post by doc.88 »

Breaking news, Just heard BOOTY CRACK was named the New Football Coach, and is bringing in "Thong "and "Tube top" to coach the Offensive and Defensive ! Now thats FUNNY!

Return to “Football”