Brooke vs Martinsburg - WV 'AAA' title game Sat. @ 7

carbon_dated
All State

Brooke vs Martinsburg - WV 'AAA' title game Sat. @ 7

Post by carbon_dated »

not certain if i'll brave the elements to watch this one at 7 in the cold, but glad WV Supreme Court got it right and allowed Brooke to play.

Now i'm pullin' for Martinsburg since they had to wait an extra week.

1974Viking
Varsity

Re: Brooke vs Martinsburg - WV 'AAA' title game Sat. @ 7

Post by 1974Viking »

carbon_dated wrote:not certain if i'll brave the elements to watch this one at 7 in the cold, but glad WV Supreme Court got it right and allowed Brooke to play.

Now i'm pullin' for Martinsburg since they had to wait an extra week.
Just getting the tail end of the story. I did hear about the fight at the end of the game or with seconds left to play. What was the Court"s final ruling? Thanks for the info.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The West Virginia State Supreme court ruled that no court can rule on this that the word of the WVSSAC is final so South Charleston used ineligable players against Brooke County so they were disqualified from the state title game.

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

Goodluck Brook.. I have a lot of relatives in Wellsburg.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Oh, i should pull for Brooke since I live in OVAC country, and had relatives there once, but Martinsburg is one of the most beautiful places in WV and those fans will pack the Island. Too bad it's at night when it'll be 20 below windchill instead of the usual 'AAA' start time of noon.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Glad the courts sided with the WVSSAC.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The problem I have with the whole deal is that the Brooke coach and administration went ahead and played South Charleston the week before last and new about the previous weeks problems (South Charleston / Hurricane game) beforehand and didn't seek an injunction before they played each other. After Brooke loses then they file an appeal. I don't know anything about either team but I hope Martinsburg wins because through no fault of their own, the game they were preparing for last week was cancelled, they had to wait out all these admisinstrative problems caused by 3 other schools (SC, Hurricane and Brooke) and families probably lost vacation time, work time, preparation time (hotels)etc. as it was a last minute decision to cancel last week. I think the WVSSAC is worse than the OHSAA in these regards.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

^^^Brooke had to play. Had they not played then technically SC wouldn't have "played" ineligible players causing them to forfeit their game with Brooke.

The one problem I have with it is Brooke has now had 2 weeks to prepare for one opponent: Martinsburg. Whereas Martinsburg has had to prepare for TWO opponents up until this past Tuesday: Brooke and South Charleston.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Hopefully Martinsburg wins it so WV can have a true AAA state champion. If Brooke wins everyone will say they got beat by SC and SC should be champs.

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

who won the new hamphire state title in high school football?

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

sinker wrote:who won the new hamphire state title in high school football?

Salem (NH) 28 Nashua North (Nashua, NH) 21 :aaaaa59

Return to “Football”