Hartley vs. Chagrin Falls

CavsFan08
JV Team

Re: Hartley vs. Chagrin Falls

Post by CavsFan08 »

I watched the Ironton/Hartley game and the Hartley/Alder Game. There is no way that Ironton would be Alder. Hartley was able to win because they are very diverse on offense. Ironton's offense wins in this area, but is not that effective at the big boy level. Just an opinion. Ironton is good, but I do not think you will see them winning state titles until they get more diverse. Its not the 80's anymore

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Hartley/Alter---Not Alder throughout the post!

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

cavs fan 08 you are absolutely correct on that.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Falls was out played today :!:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The game was not as close as the score and that says a lot being the score shows a one-sided game.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

State Champ from Logan region. Great Job Hartley!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

CavsFan08 wrote:I watched the Ironton/Hartley game and the Hartley/Alder Game. There is no way that Ironton would be Alder. Hartley was able to win because they are very diverse on offense. Ironton's offense wins in this area, but is not that effective at the big boy level. Just an opinion. Ironton is good, but I do not think you will see them winning state titles until they get more diverse. Its not the 80's anymore

You are right. This is Big boy Level Football, not southeast ohio river ball!

BlackAngus
Waterboy

Post by BlackAngus »

You hindsight boys never fail to have it all figured out after the fact. As for dragging Ironton into this, fact is, some years we are good, some we are better and some we ain't all that good but we take it all and go on and wait for next year. I don't know where you are from and don't give a darn but where ever it is bring YOUR football team or we'll come there, either way, we'll play the game and win,lose or draw you'll know you been there and your kids will likely be talking about it for a long time. Been that way for a long time, since back in the "80's" and before.
Last edited by BlackAngus on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

My condolences to the inept representatives from region 15. Paladin assured us of what a weak, non-competitive bunch of losers we were to even dare show our faces in the semi-finals, much less the championship game. What an embarrassment the weakest region in the entire state was for even making the trip to Massillon today. No, wait... Paladin was wrong??? Hartley wins??? The Purple Pecker actually mis-typed? I'm glad the region rep. laughed at your sorry, crusty old a$$ and proved what a pathetic POS you are. Your credibility is about as as strong as an Auburn recruiter.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Sawdust wrote:My condolences to the inept representatives from region 15. Paladin assured us of what a weak, non-competitive bunch of losers we were to even dare show our faces in the semi-finals, much less the championship game. What an embarrassment the weakest region in the entire state was for even making the trip to Massillon today. No, wait... Paladin was wrong??? Hartley wins??? The Purple Pecker actually mis-typed? I'm glad the region rep. laughed at your sorry, crusty old a$$ and proved what a pathetic POS you are. Your credibility is about as as strong as an Auburn recruiter.

:aaaaa59

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Sawdust wrote:My condolences to the inept representatives from region 15. Paladin assured us of what a weak, non-competitive bunch of losers we were to even dare show our faces in the semi-finals, much less the championship game. What an embarrassment the weakest region in the entire state was for even making the trip to Massillon today. No, wait... Paladin was wrong??? Hartley wins??? The Purple Pecker actually mis-typed? I'm glad the region rep. laughed at your sorry, crusty old a$$ and proved what a pathetic POS you are. Your credibility is about as as strong as an Auburn recruiter.

:aaaaa59
Hartley doesn't belong in Reg.15--they are Central Ohio not Southestern Ohio--a Columbus team put Southeastern Ohio on the map--

Just think Ironton could very well be the champs

hartley
Waterboy

Post by hartley »

All i hear is HATERS right now

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Got it straight from a coach.....Hartley was asked to schedule Jonathan Alder this year, but said...no thanks. IMO Hartley got very lucky this year. If they were in region 16 with Alder, Massie, Alter and the others they'd never made it.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

CavsFan08 wrote:I watched the Ironton/Hartley game and the Hartley/Alder Game. There is no way that Ironton would be Alder. Hartley was able to win because they are very diverse on offense. Ironton's offense wins in this area, but is not that effective at the big boy level. Just an opinion. Ironton is good, but I do not think you will see them winning state titles until they get more diverse. Its not the 80's anymore
Diverse on offense? I think not! They utilized the "big plays" to get down the field in the first half. They ran the same plays over and over again and Falls had no answer for most of the day. Not sure what they did against Alter, but they did a lot of the same stuff against CF that they did against Ironton.
I was more impressed with their defense than I was their offense - they played against the spread the way you're supposed to - by attacking it at the line of scrimmage instead of getting nickle and dimed to death in weak zone coverage.
This game was over when CF's QB got hit at the knee and put out of the game. That hit wouldve had a 6-figure fine attached to it if it had happened in the NFL. Dirty? It depends on the motive of the player. Decisive? Certainly.
Congrats to the Hawks - they shut up the doubters and proved they belonged by beating last year's champs and last year's runners up. It'll be interesting to see how they reload for next year, but they have some pretty nice skill players returning, including the best-looking TE I've seen all year in Matuska. By the time that kid's a senior, I'd say he'll have college scouts slobbering over him.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

bad breath wrote:Got it straight from a coach.....Hartley was asked to schedule Jonathan Alder this year, but said...no thanks. IMO Hartley got very lucky this year. If they were in region 16 with Alder, Massie, Alter and the others they'd never made it.
I would love to know what coach said that Hartley was asked to schedule Alde and declinedr? I would love to know that. I did not think Hartley had any openings? Did Alder want them to drop someone that they already had scheduled?

I agree Hartley would never be able to compete in Region 16 with Alder, Massie and Alter...wait a minute, didnt they beat Alter head to head? Nevermind, keep telling yourself that they could not compete, even after they hoist the state championship trophy. I wonder if the trophy is engraved with lucky on it?

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Hartley beat Chagrin Falls kike they were a Jr. High team. Hartly beat the best Region 16 had, are now State Chams and make Paladin look so ever much the no nothing man :122246 Don't want to hear about how tough the Norteast is, if Falls was they best they have, pitiful!!

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Congrats to Hartley! I hear so many ifs here, if Ironton play Alter they didn't have a chance, if, if, if. Well, that's why they play the game to silence the ifs. Bottom line is that we beat them once and they beat us. Rough part is they beat us when it counted most. We deal and congratulate. Again, some of the most notorious posters on here gave Hartley no chance...then, they played the game.

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

AHM...you ask your schools in advance. Figure it out.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to Bishop Hartley (Region 15) on winning the D4 State Championship

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

sometimes the best team in the state doesn't win! still think region 16 is the strongest and the 2 best teams in the state were j. alder and kenton, just wasn't in the cards i guess? maty mauk will be back next year and has been the best player in d4 the past 2 years! kenton will make a strong run next year...Paladin, i enjoy your posts...keep them coming! ;-)

Return to “Football”