Paladin"s Pigskin Picks -- Wk 15

Chieftain
Varsity

Paladin"s Pigskin Picks -- Wk 15

Post by Chieftain »

Championship week. At this point, I still have 4 of my pre-post season Parochial picks in the 6 Divisions for a title still alive. And it looks like there will be at least two Public school champs. The picks --

D-I
St. Eds - Dayton Wayne .... with an OL averaging 6'5, 290 and pushing everyone around and a DL not much smaller and playing well, St. Eds looks good. Even against an OSU bound QB for Wayne. YSU has offered 4 of the Wayne players. In a competitive game -- ST. EDs

D-II
Maple Hts -Trotwood Madison...... Maple Hts. has speed,speed,speed. And a "Shaq" attack. Trotwood is very athletic & fast as well. This is the best match-up game and should be a close game and entertaining. Could flip a coin for a winner. However, Maple took down the pick for the D-II Champion in Mentor Lake Catholic. And YSU has offered Stubbs of Maple too. MAPLE HTS.

D-III
Akron Buchtel - Columbus Watterson.... area teams avoid playing the Griffins as they are tough kids. And fast. Watterson is a solid run oriented O with a good D and they'll have to be. Buchtel is coached by former Griffin All -Ohio RB Ricky Powers who starred at Michigan. They won't be an easy out. Even though Buchtel has been impressive in the tournament, gotta stay with my pick. WATTERSON

D-IV
Columbus Hartley - Chagrin Falls ..... The Falls returns to the title game with tons of speed and a better chance to win than last year when Alter beat them.. Seen them play without their best RB ( injury) in the playoffs this year and they still beat a quality opponent . Now healthy, they'll be a huge challenge for the Hawks, who dodged a bullet with hard charging Alter. Tigers look too good. CHAGRIN FALLS

D-V
Coldwater - Youngstown Ursuline..... the Irish are heads on favorites and Coldwater isn't the MAC Champ. Cavs have to contain Akise Teague who lines up at RB, WR and the Wildcat. YSU has offered Teague. Coldwater is good but against one of the top 5 teams in all divisions shouldn't be counted on to stop Ursuline as they have Mooney in the past. For one, Ursuline is a very good pass team, something that Mooney never was and run the ball well behind a big OL. Close for a half then.. URSULINE

D-VI
Shadyside - Delphos St. John.... this one is the blowout game. Shadyside is good but no where near St. John's ability. As the MAC Champ , St. John is just too good to contain or score against. Tigers will have to throw the ball where the BlueJays will be waiting & pick off a couple while putting on a hard pass rush. One that could be ugly ... ST. JOHN

I'm looking for 5 teams from the North winning titles. Watching these games from my recliner, lol.

superblue
All Conference

Re: Paladin"s Pigskin Picks -- Wk 15

Post by superblue »

gahs4ever wrote:I thought Shaq was signed with OSU
Hey 4ever...Getting ready for BB? I believe STO reported Shag was going to Cincy and play Wide receiver

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Correct, superblue

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

#1 AJ Jordan with Trotwood Madison has signed with Wisconsin as a WR.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

superblue wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:I thought Shaq was signed with OSU
Hey 4ever...Getting ready for BB? I believe STO reported Shag was going to Cincy and play Wide receiver

kids pretty good. i got to watch him over the wkend on sto.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:we don't care what you think.
Someone is sure spreading the holiday cheer.....

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

BAIT, AFTER MIDNIGHT WE'LL BE VISITED BY 3 GHOSTS.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'd like to see Miller do well against St Ed's, but I don't think they'll come out in the same vanilla defensive scheme HD did. Miller didnt have to make many good throws in the first half because the HD back 8 were playing way off the ball and allowing Wayne to take it to them on the ground and giving up easy completions underneath. I look for St Ed's to challenge Miller's receivers a bit more.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Paladin, Why don't you tell us how weak region 15 is again :122245 you really know your football :roll: Chagrin Falls region must have been a major joke. Tell us how weak Ironton is again. Please

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The old fart cant put Region 15 down again till next year.

Nice job Paladin. Great football knowledge. Dont forget to drink your Boost.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

what paldunkie wrong......no say it aint sooooooo......better luck next year ......

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

State champ from Logan Region! Still was weak! Hartley got a break Alter overlooked the Hawks!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

While I'm happy that Hartley won the championship, let's not make too big a deal about regional superiority here. 15 was very top-heavy this year; there were some really outmatched teams that made the playoffs and were promptly exposed. Match the top 8 from Region 16 against the top 8 from 15 and it would not be a pretty sight.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

The Champs are crowned and I went 5-1 on my State Finals picks, running the season pick record to 94-32 for 75%. Not great for me but not bad and far better than most in the peanut gallery.

Heres some facts--

1. My pre-post season Champ picks was 4 of 6 correct ( Ed's, Watterson, Ursuline,St.John)
2. 5 of 6 Champs were Parochials ( I projected 6)
3. 4 of the Champs are from the North
4. 3 Champs are from geographic Northeast Ohio with 2 runners-up from NEO

My favorites were Maple HTs- Trotwood game ( very entertaining), Eds's in a come-back and Ursuline in a display of Mr. Football (Teague). On the whole, great games.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Watched 5 games but had to turn off the St. John game as that was a joke, so only saw part of the first half there.

I sure enjoyed watching all those NORTHEAST ohio teams.......................lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I enjoy watching kids play their hearts out....that happens all over the state.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Deleting my post still doesn't change the situation for most of SEO.

If you are weak, you are weak. Period.

The North remains strong, especially the NE, as the area had a record of 3 State Champs & 2 runners-up in the geographic area . A 4th State Champ is from the NW .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

footballfanatic1 wrote:I'd say we delete PALDUNIE........ any seconds to that?
You don't seem to be getting many followers--little one--lol

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Paladin did pretty good on his picks for the finals. He put his picks out there for all to see all year. Hard to cover the area he did with all of his picks.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Thanks farmer. I like to cover the state ,not just one area , even if I prefer the NEO teams. There are lots of good programs in the state and you have to evaluate leagues, teams and sometimes the style of play to get a good handle, as talent , even on good teams, varies from year to year. And SEO remains a fairly easy place to pick as most programs don't change much over the years and the schedule/leagues don't change much either.

Lets hope the publics do better next year.............lol

Return to “Football”