Wheelersburg Pirates Football 2011

football 24/7
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates Football 2011

Post by football 24/7 »

i heard there are going to be 3 sophomores possibly starting Seth Pelfrey, Austin Staggs, and Caleb clark. Anyone else hear this?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

A lot of sophmores will play, this years team will be small in numbers. Who is Austin Staggs?

footballdad
Waterboy

Post by footballdad »

wobycat wrote:A lot of sophmores will play, this years team will be small in numbers. Who is Austin Staggs?
Austin Staggs is a transfer from East. He played offense and defense at East. He did pretty good. He is about 6ft and 200+ lbs. I think he will make a good addition to Wheelersburg. Only time will tell.

lebronjames
Waterboy

Post by lebronjames »

Ttt

CORKY89
Waterboy

Post by CORKY89 »

Pirates starting to take shape, I guess that could be bad for everybody else? young or not!!

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I know it's early , but was wondering if there is any news out there for us fans that are not in touch as much as others?

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

It has been 9 days since I ask if there is any news about Burg football , and not a sole replyed. I see bits and pices about Minford and West but no Burg. I guess the interest in Pirate football is not what it used to be. I don't think I'll even but season tickets this year. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\But you have to admit it's been a good run since 1972.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Burg always finds a way to reload but this year may be the exception.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

old pirate wrote:It has been 9 days since I ask if there is any news about Burg football , and not a sole replyed. I see bits and pices about Minford and West but no Burg. I guess the interest in Pirate football is not what it used to be. I don't think I'll even but season tickets this year. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\But you have to admit it's been a good run since 1972.

I 2002 when West was state runner up Burg was 5-5 that year. Did you quit on your team that year also. Must not be a true burgite like the ones I know, they don't give up. Maybe
moved in from somewhere else. :122246

footballdad
Waterboy

Post by footballdad »

old pirate wrote:It has been 9 days since I ask if there is any news about Burg football , and not a sole replyed. I see bits and pices about Minford and West but no Burg. I guess the interest in Pirate football is not what it used to be. I don't think I'll even but season tickets this year. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\But you have to admit it's been a good run since 1972.
The reason there hasn't been a lot on here is because the season is just getting started. My guess is that when all the schools start practicing you will start to hear all about them. As for the Burg, I heard they have some new talent stepping up that is sophomores and juniors. I think Burg will do real good this year, don't count them out yet. I am not and I won't.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

bar is always set high and pirates generally respond. incoming senior class is small. rarely do the pirates ever disappoint. have heard that the future does look brighter with the underclassmen. pirates usually undervalued and generally over perform. let's just wait and see what happens when the end of august comes around.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Good luck this year Pirates!!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think Burg will do better than some people think, but losing 19 seniors off of a 37 player roster is tough. You can replace those numbers, but you can't replace the experience. I agree that the younger kids have a lot of potential and SOC trophy #28 may not be as far away as some people think.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

The loss of Shank and the blocking of Hudgel,Conkey,Prater,Brown,Reinhardt,Luster,and Parsley is a lot to overcome but the Burg will be back.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

One thing teams in this area learned is you can never count the burg out reguardless of who they lossed or how they've performed in scrimmages. IMHO Burg will be right there in the end in one of the top 3 spots in S.O.C race.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Old Pirate, go ahead and don't buy your season tickets this season and just stay home so a TRUE FAN can get those tickets and sit and cheer for the Pirates.

Trust me, the interest in Pirate football is not measured by what you see on a chat board and if you were a true Pirates fan you would know that. No matter whether you come to a game or not you can bet your a$$ the stands will be full and the crowd will be loud. Just like it has been for the past 40 years.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Old Pirate, go ahead and don't buy your season tickets this season and just stay home so a TRUE FAN can get those tickets and sit and cheer for the Pirates.

Trust me, the interest in Pirate football is not measured by what you see on a chat board and if you were a true Pirates fan you would know that. No matter whether you come to a game or not you can bet your a$$ the stands will be full and the crowd will be loud. Just like it has been for the past 40 years.
100% Agree.....sad I cant make it to all the games but Ill be here for the updates and scores and will always bleed Orange and Black!

PIRATE PRIDE

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck to Da Burg. have a nephew that worked with the burg oline and says they are getting alot better. Numbers are down again. Cant understand that. But I would rather have 30 kids that wanna play than 60 kids that wanna go home! GO BURG!

lebronjames
Waterboy

Post by lebronjames »

Ttt

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Well, 7-3. Not too shabby. Only losses were to ironton, Valley and West. Shears was a good leader and fun to watch. Loss of him, obrien and the other seniors will be huge again, but I think we see afew juniors and Sophs show their stuff. Im still not certain about the oline for next yr. Someone fill that in on 2012 topic. Great job by the pirates!

Return to “Football”