Wheelersburg Pirates Football 2011

The Babe
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates Football 2011

Post by The Babe »

Ironmen44 wrote:The Burg must be recruiting.....you can't have transfers without recruiting.
First of all the burg doesnt recruit anybody and the 2 from green are the only two transfers so dont start making accusations :mad:

It had nothing to do with recruiting....they moved into the district

football 24/7
Waterboy

Post by football 24/7 »

That Staggs boy played MLB and OL at East, the way he played at the end of the year last year i think he'll start OL at Burg but the Linebacker position is questionable; Burg has some talent coming back at that position.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

I've heard realestate prices are dropping like a rock in the burg thats why everybody is moving there !

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

anyone coming to play line would be much appreciated this year...

football 24/7
Waterboy

Post by football 24/7 »

The D wrote:anyone coming to play line would be much appreciated this year...
I think the Staggs kid played anything on the O-line i saw him play center guard and tackle
as for the junior that came from green I saw him play DE

Burg06
Waterboy

Post by Burg06 »

I absolutely hate when people bring up last years freshman class! Give them a break..alot of them were moved to positions they had never even played! It's hard to make that transition from jr. high to high school football especially after losing alot of key players. Next seasons junior class has a lot of talent that you all are forgetting about. Derek Arthur has a good arm and some speed along with Aaron Cowgill and Austin Gifford. Gabe McGinnis (if he returns) is going to be a key defensive player. The kid is strong and fast off the ball. I imagine he would have seen a tremendous amount of playing time on the varsity defensive line if it hadn't have been for the knee injury. Dont count them out just yet...

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg06 wrote:I absolutely hate when people bring up last years freshman class! Give them a break..alot of them were moved to positions they had never even played! It's hard to make that transition from jr. high to high school football especially after losing alot of key players. Next seasons junior class has a lot of talent that you all are forgetting about. Derek Arthur has a good arm and some speed along with Aaron Cowgill and Austin Gifford. Gabe McGinnis (if he returns) is going to be a key defensive player. The kid is strong and fast off the ball. I imagine he would have seen a tremendous amount of playing time on the varsity defensive line if it hadn't have been for the knee injury. Dont count them out just yet...
As a whole I just don't see much there, not saying they won't get contributions from a couple of them.

football 24/7
Waterboy

Post by football 24/7 »

Burg will be burg thats all i have to say. They'll come out ready with 11 kids that play hard on both sides of the ball

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Agreed, they always reload.

lebronjames
Waterboy

Post by lebronjames »

ttt

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Where's the speed? It's not on the track, maybe the poorest showing for burg boys track team that I have ever seen. There just are not many athletes in the soph and junior classes which does not bode well for the 2011 football team.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

fbnut wrote:There just are not many athletes in the soph and junior classes which does not bode well for the 2011 football team.
There are just not that many kids and less athletes. I believe the current junior class only has around 65 total kids.

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

Agreed, this junior class is just small....and the smaller the class, usually the less athletes there will be

Burg06
Waterboy

Post by Burg06 »

You all are giving up hope on them too early just like last year. There are several kids in the current junior and sophomore classes that are benching over or around 250 and several who squat well over 300. These kids still have time to mature and improve. There is still a whole summer of lifting left. Yea, the numbers are small but Burg always reloads and finds a way to win no matter what. I expect this year to be no different.. Stop living on the 2010 freshman's bad season. Those kids have gotten way stronger in the last 2 years and there is more speed back there than you all think.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I agree with you Burg06, and with lower class sizes it will make some of the younger kids step up and mature. The past is the past.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg06 wrote:You all are giving up hope on them too early just like last year. There are several kids in the current junior and sophomore classes that are benching over or around 250 and several who squat well over 300. These kids still have time to mature and improve. There is still a whole summer of lifting left. Yea, the numbers are small but Burg always reloads and finds a way to win no matter what. I expect this year to be no different.. Stop living on the 2010 freshman's bad season. Those kids have gotten way stronger in the last 2 years and there is more speed back there than you all think.
hard to compare last yrs team with this coming team. First off their will be no shank or no one comparable to him on the feild for the burg in 2011. The burg also returned 4 returning starters on the oline in 2010. This yr your pretty much talking about replacing everyone on both sides of the ball except the qb. Returning maybe 2-3 kids that saw much playing time last yr.

Psyco Tartan
Freshman Team

Post by Psyco Tartan »

Hello Burgites. Join http://socsports.webs.com Today!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

should be a interesting season

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Psyco Tartan wrote:Hello Burgites. Join http://socsports.webs.com Today!!!
done

rufino linares
Waterboy

Post by rufino linares »

Always in the SOC race. They beat a lot of us on reputation when the schedule is made. :cry:

Return to “Football”