Paladin's record as a head coach...anyone know

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Paladin's record as a head coach...anyone know

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LoganLocos wrote:I can tell you that Paladin was a 1st Team All-SEOAL selection and 2nd Team All-District Selection his senior year at Logan.

He was never a head coach at LHS.
--------------YOU ARE CORRECT, BUT HE WAS AT ZANESVILLE BISHOP ROSECRANS.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:I can tell you that Paladin was a 1st Team All-SEOAL selection and 2nd Team All-District Selection his senior year at Logan.

He was never a head coach at LHS.
--------------YOU ARE CORRECT, BUT HE WAS AT ZANESVILLE BISHOP ROSECRANS.
Now there is a dynasty! :mrgreen: So who is in with the beer summit? :mrgreen:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

FIDO wrote:I'm down with a summit!!!
There is two of us. Come on, has to be at least two more on here. :mrgreen:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Heavy D wrote:
FIDO wrote:I'm down with a summit!!!
There is two of us. Come on, has to be at least two more on here. :mrgreen:
Hell yes, count me in and if you cant find the other person I will fill in for him as well........by the way, who is paying???????

eccedomusscientiae
Freshman Team

Post by eccedomusscientiae »

I have Paladin's record at 60-89. That 9-1 team he coached at Logan was a pretty good second half team. A wise old man told me one time, it is always better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Not even close :lol: :lol: :lol:

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

He and I had some differences several years ago about an issue that I can't even remember now. I pm'd him to avoid airing info in public and he was very respectful. We then sent a couple more pms back and forth and he spoke very highly of the team my dad played for many many years ago and went on to compliment a couple of the players on that team by name. Also gave me some insight about some up and comers in his corner of the state that turned out to be great players and are still playing the game in a huge arena.

I don't always agree with the way he says things but most of what he says is true. It really hits home when the area we call home is attacked. Of course it isn't as bad as he makes it sound but most times he is involved in a disagreement with several people at once so of course he is going to say things in a way that cut deep. Dirtbags are everywhere and poverty is too, that includes his area of the state and I am sure he isn't blind to those facts. As for sports, very few programs are successful in terms of state contention or titles so in reality that area of the state has more losers than SEO due to the concentration of school systems. Sure they have more winners, nobody has ever debated that fact.

I didn't know his resume status until I read it but records can be skewed by talent level more than any other factor so to me that really doesn't say how good a coach was. Better question is to his former players, ask them what kind of coach he was. That along with the coaches that coached against him. That will be the true teller of all.

Regardless, he is dogged on here and sometimes bites back................big deal!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

all i know is that his area is the arm pit of ohio....maybe not in football but in life in general...............

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

javagt wrote:I know for a fact that Paladin was a very good football player.. I saw him play . As a coach? don't know and don't care...
His opinion is straight up.. You don't have to agree, I don't agree some times... But for the most part I think he is right on..
Some posters are way too sensitive...
I agree with you there pall ^^^^^^^^^

Some people just can't take a beating-lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

eccedomusscientiae wrote:I have Paladin's record at 60-89. That 9-1 team he coached at Logan was a pretty good second half team. A wise old man told me one time, it is always better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.
You must be looking under a different person when you came up with that record.
I have yours at 0 and 0

Mine with the Eastend gang was 201 and 1 with the only loss to Gore Tech--that loss game because we split the team and played Mudsock with the other half

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Paladin is not politically correct he gives his opinion on a variety of teams not just one. He speaks his mind. He may not be correct on some things but he makes the predictions before the games are played. If you do not like what he says then don't reply to him.

Hey noreply there is a Mudsock Road in Gallia County.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

noreply66 wrote:
eccedomusscientiae wrote:I have Paladin's record at 60-89. That 9-1 team he coached at Logan was a pretty good second half team. A wise old man told me one time, it is always better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.
You must be looking under a different person when you came up with that record.
I have yours at 0 and 0

Mine with the Eastend gang was 201 and 1 with the only loss to Gore Tech--that loss game because we split the team and played Mudsock with the other half
i know when i played us westside mudsock didn't lose to anyone. our favor team to play was the union furnance bunch.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

I grew up in early years on the East side. Lots of tough teams then --Mudsock, Gore Tech. Even the county had powers -- Rockbridge, Carbon Hill, Haydenville. Man, had to watch those dudes. :lol:

eccedomusscientiae
Freshman Team

Post by eccedomusscientiae »

farmer wrote:Paladin is not politically correct he gives his opinion on a variety of teams not just one. He speaks his mind. He may not be correct on some things but he makes the predictions before the games are played. If you do not like what he says then don't reply to him.

Hey noreply there is a Mudsock Road in Gallia County.
Well said dude. That is the single greatest thing about the USA, you have the right to be wrong.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

noreply66 had trouble running with his Beatles shoes on ....... His record was really 201 - 2 ... He likes to forget about Punk's
all girls team that beat him ....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

javagt wrote:noreply66 had trouble running with his Beatles shoes on ....... His record was really 201 - 2 ... He likes to forget about Punk's
all girls team that beat him ....
I forgot about that one---it was the cloths they were wearing that distracked us --that score was 69/00-lol

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Paladin_II wrote:I grew up in early years on the East side. Lots of tough teams then --Mudsock, Gore Tech. Even the county had powers -- Rockbridge, Carbon Hill, Haydenville. Man, had to watch those dudes. :lol:
Pottery St gang at the corner of Railroad Ave. And how about Keith's Mens Shop! 5th and 6th grade flag football when we beat the hell out of Jim Myers and his H&S Firestone team! Best of all was my 8th grade year when Paladin was our coach and he show us how to play hard and tough!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonschein wrote:
Paladin_II wrote:I grew up in early years on the East side. Lots of tough teams then --Mudsock, Gore Tech. Even the county had powers -- Rockbridge, Carbon Hill, Haydenville. Man, had to watch those dudes. :lol:
Pottery St gang at the corner of Railroad Ave. And how about Keith's Mens Shop! 5th and 6th grade flag football when we beat the hell out of Jim Myers and his H&S Firestone team! Best of all was my 8th grade year when Paladin was our coach and he show us how to play hard and tough!
That Pottery Street gang must have had the Chesser boys on it

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:
moonschein wrote:
That Pottery Street gang must have had the Chesser boys on it

I think they came later, the moon and Paladins where in the late 50, and very early 60,s.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Not sure how being a good football player has to do with his record as a coach? If he does not want to share, that is fine. I never asked for his name because I don't think it is relevant at all. I figured he would like to share since he was so willing to share about many other successful things he had accomplished in his life, and his insights on football.

Don't care if he gives his opinions, or his insight, just thought it might give some validity to a man that thinks an awful lot of his expertise when it comes to football. I thought it would help enlighten all of us on how successful his program was while he was head coach. He has a right to give his opinion on anything he wants, and I will read it if I choose, and respond if I want to. He chooses to do the the same, especially when it comes to his head coaching record. I just think it is funny how whenever the topic of his record as a head coach comes into question, no straight answers are given. Go ahead and defend him, I would do the same if I thought it was warranted. I can take it.
Paladin_II wrote: The spankings were pretty convincing but the last game was ugly for us. Pre-season , we scrimmaged Glouster down there and were putting it to them pretty good. Boston was in the stands scouting us, with his entire staff. I was told he sought advice from O.U.'s staff on how to handle us.

Wow! If that isn't a man that thinks highly of himself than I don't know who is.

Return to “Football”