Oak Hill Football 2011

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Re: Oak Hill Football 2011

Post by Charles Farquar »

Its all relative KINGheat. Now for the second year in a row Jackson is in the same position as Oakhill was last year and the year before in their league. They both played similar schedules last year as far as winning teams, they both played in leagues that were down. Oak Hill is barely D5 closer to D6 in a Division 6 league, the league with the exception of Symmes was down. Being around the SEOAL for 32 years I think that it would be safe to say that the SEOAL last year was really down compared to what it has been in the past. As far as what happened last year, Oak Hill played 4 teams with winning records and Jackson 2 teams with winning records. Oakhill played two 5-5 teams and Jackson one 5-5 team. The winning teams that Oak Hill played were Wheelersburg 8-2, Minford 8-2, Symmes 9-1 and New Richmond 7-3, Oak Hill played two 500 teams Chesapeake 5-5 and Notre Dame 5-5. The two teams on Jackson's schedule last year with winning records were Ironton 8-2 and Gallia Academy 7-3, they played one 5-5 team Warren. Now Jackson is in a similar position but their talent level may have increased, where Oak Hill lost a lot. The leagues remain down unless Gallia Academy can continue to improve , they were not quite there last year. The same with Chillicothe, they may or may not get things turned around. The rest of the SEOAL will not be very good football teams. Jackson has Wheelersburg on the schedule but from what I could see when Oak Hill's JV played their JV, Burg could be heading into a down cycle. So I think that the Burg teams that Jackson will face on their schedule may not be as strong as the ones in the recent past. So with the talent Jackson has its reasonable to say they will go 9-1 or 10-0 this year , and have some good seasons to come, just like the Oaks did in a similar situation the last two years.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Charles Farquar wrote:Its all relative KINGheat. Now for the second year in a row Jackson is in the same position as Oakhill was last year and the year before in their league. They both played similar schedules last year as far as winning teams, they both played in leagues that were down. Oak Hill is barely D5 closer to D6 in a Division 6 league, the league with the exception of Symmes was down. Being around the SEOAL for 32 years I think that it would be safe to say that the SEOAL last year was really down compared to what it has been in the past. As far as what happened last year, Oak Hill played 4 teams with winning records and Jackson 2 teams with winning records. Oakhill played two 5-5 teams and Jackson one 5-5 team. The winning teams that Oak Hill played were Wheelersburg 8-2, Minford 8-2, Symmes 9-1 and New Richmond 7-3, Oak Hill played two 500 teams Chesapeake 5-5 and Notre Dame 5-5. The two teams on Jackson's schedule last year with winning records were Ironton 8-2 and Gallia Academy 7-3, they played one 5-5 team Warren. Now Jackson is in a similar position but their talent level may have increased, where Oak Hill lost a lot. The leagues remain down unless Gallia Academy can continue to improve , they were not quite there last year. The same with Chillicothe, they may or may not get things turned around. The rest of the SEOAL will not be very good football teams. Jackson has Wheelersburg on the schedule but from what I could see when Oak Hill's JV played their JV, Burg could be heading into a down cycle. So I think that the Burg teams that Jackson will face on their schedule may not be as strong as the ones in the recent past. So with the talent Jackson has its reasonable to say they will go 9-1 or 10-0 this year , and have some good seasons to come, just like the Oaks did in a similar situation the last two years.
Good post. Oak Hill still might have a chance to finish as high as 2nd if not win the league...Sv is probably the best team this year, but East is down, even though Green have a good bit coming back its still a winnable game, Notre Dame will probably be down, so I think they could still have a decent season

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Charles Farquar wrote:Its all relative KINGheat. Now for the second year in a row Jackson is in the same position as Oakhill was last year and the year before in their league. They both played similar schedules last year as far as winning teams, they both played in leagues that were down. Oak Hill is barely D5 closer to D6 in a Division 6 league, the league with the exception of Symmes was down. Being around the SEOAL for 32 years I think that it would be safe to say that the SEOAL last year was really down compared to what it has been in the past. As far as what happened last year, Oak Hill played 4 teams with winning records and Jackson 2 teams with winning records. Oakhill played two 5-5 teams and Jackson one 5-5 team. The winning teams that Oak Hill played were Wheelersburg 8-2, Minford 8-2, Symmes 9-1 and New Richmond 7-3, Oak Hill played two 500 teams Chesapeake 5-5 and Notre Dame 5-5. The two teams on Jackson's schedule last year with winning records were Ironton 8-2 and Gallia Academy 7-3, they played one 5-5 team Warren. Now Jackson is in a similar position but their talent level may have increased, where Oak Hill lost a lot. The leagues remain down unless Gallia Academy can continue to improve , they were not quite there last year. The same with Chillicothe, they may or may not get things turned around. The rest of the SEOAL will not be very good football teams. Jackson has Wheelersburg on the schedule but from what I could see when Oak Hill's JV played their JV, Burg could be heading into a down cycle. So I think that the Burg teams that Jackson will face on their schedule may not be as strong as the ones in the recent past. So with the talent Jackson has its reasonable to say they will go 9-1 or 10-0 this year , and have some good seasons to come, just like the Oaks did in a similar situation the last two years.
Good post. Oak Hill still might have a chance to finish as high as 2nd if not win the league...Sv is probably the best team this year, but East is down, even though Green have a good bit coming back its still a winnable game, Notre Dame will probably be down, so I think they could still have a decent season

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

I find this funny. Not bash your statement, but its not hard to have a winning record with the teams they faced. Jackson faced a few times who had a hard season which includes logan that surprised me. But they proved themselves after beating Ironton "The greatest game I've ever witnessed" and at Gallia. Who did Oak HIll play? Wheelersburg and Syms. We scrimmaged Wheelersburg and they beat us by a few points and that was just like a practice. From what I see, Oak Hill will always looked down upon because their a small school in an easy league. Remember, there was a time when they played Jackson...and we know how those games turned out. I'm not saying that Jackson would kill Oak HIll. But last years two teams if they faced would be one good game. This year Jackson has players to replace spots responsibly with positive results. They just need to work on their line. After seeing Oak Hills JV play against Jackson and I'm guessing thats who the replacements are...good luck.

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

You mean Jackson JV team that "DESTROYED" Oak Hill's what 18-14?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

4 applicants, 3 I know of and 1 that I am not sure who he is.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

co-pay we just sent the jv subs....lol

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Its apples and oranges. Jackson is D 3 playing the teams they should be playing and Oakhill is D5 playing the teams they should be playing. You are comparing them to a school your size. Why would you want to look down on them. By the mid 70s Oak Hill kept getting smaller and Jackson larger, it just was not a fair competition year in and year out.Oak Hill played a pretty tough non league schedule. Along with the teams you mentioned they also played New Richmond a team over by Cincinnati that was a pretty good option team, not easy to defend. They are a team that has been in the playoffs year in and year out and just missed it this year. During the season they played 3 play off teams and one that just missed the playoffs. Thats a pretty good schedule. Im not bashing Jackson , the Ironton win was a good win, I disagree with it being one of the best games Jackson has ever played. The win over Withrow in 2004 may have been better also Jackson's win over Hillsboro in the 90s may have been just as good. The win over Ironton in 2005 was one in which Jackson was truely outmanned by them and still came away with a win because the kids executed a great game plan with a lot of heart. Having seen 32 years of SEOAL play , I can tell you the league was down. Portsmouth 3-7, Marietta 3-7 Chillicothe 4-8, Logan 3-7 and Warren 5-5 , I have seen three way ties for the championship because it was so even in the past. Jackson had a good team last year and was well coached, you just need to see you were playing under the same circumstances as Oak Hill, a good team in a weaker league. Oak Hill had some special players last year and having coached in both leagues I can tell you Weston Hale, Chris Fairchild , Daniel Woods, Drew Canon and Jesse Sloan were and are as good or better than their counterparts on any SEOAL team. They would have started on any team in the SEOAL. Woods was definately one of the best blocking and receiving tight ends in the area no matter what the league, Weston was one of the better running backs, you would not have found many lineman with the physical tools of Fairchild and Cannon. Jesse was one of the best QBs in the area and any SEOAL team would have wanted him at QB. For some reason you feel the need to look down on Oak Hill I dont understand it, you dont even play them.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Hopefully KINGheat is a kid. If not, I believe (after reading some of his posts on SEOP) he must be one of the most arrogant individuals in all of Jackson. Thanks for making the rest of us look a whole lot classier. Hopefully Jackson will win them all in the regular season and
get over the hump and finally win that 2nd round game in the playoffs.
.[/color] This will be decided on the field and not from the wisdom of people like KINGheat.

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

Charles Farquar wrote:Its apples and oranges. Jackson is D 3 playing the teams they should be playing and Oakhill is D5 playing the teams they should be playing. You are comparing them to a school your size. Why would you want to look down on them. By the mid 70s Oak Hill kept getting smaller and Jackson larger, it just was not a fair competition year in and year out.Oak Hill played a pretty tough non league schedule. Along with the teams you mentioned they also played New Richmond a team over by Cincinnati that was a pretty good option team, not easy to defend. They are a team that has been in the playoffs year in and year out and just missed it this year. During the season they played 3 play off teams and one that just missed the playoffs. Thats a pretty good schedule. Im not bashing Jackson , the Ironton win was a good win, I disagree with it being one of the best games Jackson has ever played. The win over Withrow in 2004 may have been better also Jackson's win over Hillsboro in the 90s may have been just as good. The win over Ironton in 2005 was one in which Jackson was truely outmanned by them and still came away with a win because the kids executed a great game plan with a lot of heart. Having seen 32 years of SEOAL play , I can tell you the league was down. Portsmouth 3-7, Marietta 3-7 Chillicothe 4-8, Logan 3-7 and Warren 5-5 , I have seen three way ties for the championship because it was so even in the past. Jackson had a good team last year and was well coached, you just need to see you were playing under the same circumstances as Oak Hill, a good team in a weaker league. Oak Hill had some special players last year and having coached in both leagues I can tell you Weston Hale, Chris Fairchild , Daniel Woods, Drew Canon and Jesse Sloan were and are as good or better than their counterparts on any SEOAL team. They would have started on any team in the SEOAL. Woods was definately one of the best blocking and receiving tight ends in the area no matter what the league, Weston was one of the better running backs, you would not have found many lineman with the physical tools of Fairchild and Cannon. Jesse was one of the best QBs in the area and any SEOAL team would have wanted him at QB. For some reason you feel the need to look down on Oak Hill I dont understand it, you dont even play them.
Fairchild is an amazing athlete. So I agree with you on that. Pigs- I am not a child, in fact my intellect is more than likely higher than yours. I'm a player for Jackson. Please tell me how I am miss representing Jackson? I don't know why you have to make a comment like that which isn't even relevant to this topic.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

KINGheat must be "miss representing" his intellect.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

possible hiring tonight.

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

Dean wrote:KINGheat must be "miss representing" his intellect.
How am I doing this? Last time I checked, everything I have put my input too has been correct.
Last edited by KINGheat on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Except for your grammar!

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

Jackson doesn't play wheelersburg this year next year. They have Ironton and St. Charles.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

So who interviewed? I think its public record

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So does Jackson want a shot at say St. X?

It is all relative to your Division! You keep talking about back when Jackson played Oak Hill-do you realize that some of the teams that played Jackson back then made fun of Jackson for playing them.

You can not compare Jackson and Oak Hill year in and year out. Am I right CF?

Oak Hill will be fine no matter who replaces Coach Phillips. He is leaving the program in good shape because he built a program!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Heath Hinton :idea:

football 24/7
Waterboy

Post by football 24/7 »

Oak hill has a down year this year without a doubt maybe 3rd in the SOC with Symmes Valley winning it all

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Oaks still have enough weapons to win the SOC 1. they can beat Green, East and Notre Dame will be a game they will have to be up for but they can win that game, Symmes will be a battle for them but its a winable game for them. There are some non -league wins there also

Return to “Football”