JV Team

Re: Oak Hill Football 2011

Post by WE ARE ND »

What starters do they have returning?

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Yeah I'm curious myself. I think that have woods and fairchild (possibly) it is rimless that he wants to go to Jackson but that's just a rumor.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Is Wolford one of the 4?

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

Just wanted to possibly clear up some rumors. There will probably be 5 candidates interviewed. Initially 4 were to be interviewed but I think a 5th will be added. You can put an end to the Wolford and Triplett rumors as neither applied. Interviews will begin next week. The list of candidates is very strong and solid.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

BLUEDEVILS wrote:Just wanted to possibly clear up some rumors. There will probably be 5 candidates interviewed. Initially 4 were to be interviewed but I think a 5th will be added. You can put an end to the Wolford and Triplett rumors as neither applied. Interviews will begin next week. The list of candidates is very strong and solid.
So you are saying that Hinton, Bart and Tressel are all possibilities? :)

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
BLUEDEVILS wrote:Just wanted to possibly clear up some rumors. There will probably be 5 candidates interviewed. Initially 4 were to be interviewed but I think a 5th will be added. You can put an end to the Wolford and Triplett rumors as neither applied. Interviews will begin next week. The list of candidates is very strong and solid.
So you are saying that Hinton, Bart and Tressel are all possibilities? :)
:mrgreen:

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Hopefully they get someone everyone can be happy with and someone who has been a head coach before.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

bucki4life - you had a coach that wasnt a head coach before and he took you to the playoffs two years in a row and was Coach of the Year!!! No one will be happy there with the next coach because it will be difficult to go .500 each season over the next 5 years. The Oak posey is spoiled.......

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Blackjack wrote:bucki4life - you had a coach that wasnt a head coach before and he took you to the playoffs two years in a row and was Coach of the Year!!! No one will be happy there with the next coach because it will be difficult to go .500 each season over the next 5 years. The Oak posey is spoiled.......
So you are saying it was the kids not the coach that got them to playoffs. If it was the coach he would have underclassmen ready to contiue on winning.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Sometimes in small division football you will have a big group go and the cupboard will be bare next year...you have to remember oak hill is almost a d6. You also can't coach experience, it doesn't matter how much you prepare kids when they get on the field for the first few times on a Friday night, they tend to forget everything they've been taught over the summer.
Sometimes you just have down years it doesn't matter who the coach is...

Also, on the outside looking in I think phillips did nice job, they won a few games they shouldn't have in his tenure, but of course he was blessed with a talented class, usually with good teams its a combination of good players and coaching...maybe they could of won another game or two in the playoffs, but that's not always the head coach's fault he's not the only coach

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

sider wrote:Sometimes in small division football you will have a big group go and the cupboard will be bare next year...you have to remember oak hill is almost a d6. You also can't coach experience, it doesn't matter how much you prepare kids when they get on the field for the first few times on a Friday night, they tend to forget everything they've been taught over the summer.
Sometimes you just have down years it doesn't matter who the coach is...

Finally...Someone who gets it! Coaches have a big part in how a team performs, but in high school football, especially in this area, it takes both talented players and quality coaching. Hopefully, most people realize that when Oak Hill hires a new coach. Might get a great coach, but there is no way the talent he will be working with will be the same.
Oak Hill was extremely well-prepared, and well -coached last year, but they also had a great group of seniors who they relied heavily on.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

So who are the candidates?

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

heck hang in there with all the transfers in jackson county you may get lucky.these kids need to realize they are only in high school once enjoy it.

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

Transfers happen in every county not just your county of Jackson,its here in Ross and all others .

Gasisontheright
Waterboy

Post by Gasisontheright »

The biggest predictor for small high school sports is normally Jr high. Few Oak Hill examples: Jr high bball late 90's & early 00's - not very good, varsity result: teams that won 5 games over a 3 year period; Jr high bball mid 00's - good, very high winning %, varsity result: 1 State Championship, 1 regional runner up, & 1 regional semifinalist (the top 3 season in Oak Hill boys hoops ever). Same is true with football. The classes from 02-mid 00's just lacked talent, while the past 3 classes have been loaded, hence the winless season in 2006, and playoff appearances in 09 &10. Its about the Jimmys and Joes, not the X's & O's. Don't get me wrong, coaches have a huge impact, but people need to realize the talent they have.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

I disagree. Ron Hinton told me not long ago that for the 2 state title teams he had, those two senior classes won 5 games in middle school combined. Thats 4 seasons combined. Its not about the record, its about what is taught at the middle school level. How many times have you seen a middle school team with a great running back that has machured faster than other kids and they dominate, then you never hear of the kid again?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Winless season at Oak Hill was in 2005.

Coach Phillips' first season was 2006.

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

Oak Hill will win their league!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Those jr high Oak Hill teams may have been very successful.....but there are two very significant factors that weren't on those Oak Hill teams that were main contributors to that later varsity success.

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

4puttsnowman wrote:Oak Hill will win their league!
As easy of a accomplishment that would be...I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Return to “Football”