Oak Hill Football 2011

boilermaker
SE

Re: Views on The Oak Hill Oaks

Post by boilermaker »

No one in the county of Jackson will beat the Rockets next season ,take it to the bank! :mrgreen:

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

will be at the bottom of toiletbowl looking up next year

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

I love it when people keeping bring up the Wellston game. Who plays in harder league? Harder division? Who was conference champs? who didnt go 4-6? Lets not forget who went to the playoffs and played real competion

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

The Oaks still have some weapons left, the class that graduated could never be replaced but there are still some pretty good players left. One of the best blocking tight ends in the area as well as a very good strong side defensive end, a very good defensive and offensive tackle, a running back and inside linebacker that will be a junior that really came on the last two years , a center and offensive lineman with two years of experience, and experienced inside linebacker plus a number of younger kids with another year in the weight room will be able to compete just fine, one who got quite a bit of playing time as a freshman. Oak Hill will adapt their offense to their talent and still give everyone in the SOC I fits plus some of the non league games.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

wellston will start thier next 19 year losing streak next year........

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Not so fast footballfanatic,,,, we return almost the entire team that beat the Ironmen last year I expect the same result this fall.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

even a blind squirel finds a nut sometimes....don't count your chickens before they hatch....what did wellston do after the big victory???????

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill Football 2011

Post by Caulker10 »

Look at oak hills past 15 to 20 years, 2 winning seasons... Now your back to where u once were...

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Heard there best lineman was going to Jackson. That stinks for the Oaks

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Past 15-20 years? Let's see here: If we go the past 15 years, from 1995-2010.
1995, 6-4
1996, 6-4
1997, 3-7
1998, 8-2
1999, 5-5
2000, 6-4
2001, 6-4
2002, 3-7
2003, 4-6
2004, 3-7
2005, 0-10
2006, 3-7
2007, 5-5
2008, 7-3
2009, 11-1
2010, 11-2
By my calculations, 10 seasons in the past 15 years have been winning records (Including the 5-5 seasons). So whoever said only two winning seasons is just plain ignorant.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

who all do they play this year?

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

I believe the schedule goes like this:
@Chesapeake
@Wheelersburg
H-Rock Hill
@Wellston
H-Minford
H-East
@Notre Dame
H-Symmes Valley
@New Richmond
H-Green

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I'm just throwing this out but i think they will go 5-5. but its hard to tell 'til the season unfolds.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Oak hill will go no where near 5-5! They underachieved with the class that just left,this staff and no talent they win maybe 4 games?

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

You're a joke Blue. Didn't you used to coach at Notre Dame anyway?

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

There may be some assistant coaching jobs open at Oak Hill next year. Blue and Gray with his insiders knowledge of the program, like how many hours the coaching staff spent on the weight training program, the practice planning, the two a days and regular pratices, the coaches meetings on the weekends and breaking down film, trying to put together an effective offense and defense with little depth after injuries occured during the midpoint of the season, should apply and give some of his vast expertise at how to win a state championship, after all with his opinions he probably has won several right? I don't know if he coached at Notre Dame, he sounds more like one of those guys who sits in the stands and thinks it all comes down to being some master strategist calling the right play at the right time. I always thought it would be funny turn it over to a guy like him and see what happens during the season, it would not be underachieving it would be a freaking mess.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Agreed Mr. Farquar. Not many people in the community of a high school team truly understand how much time, effort, or preparation it truly takes to put into a team's success. And even more than that, what about effecting the team or individuals outside of football? Maybe A!! and Shield should get on here as well and tell us how many scores East will beat Oak Hill by as well.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oak Hill loses a ton of talent from last year's squad. I think with their SOC I schedule they can easily go 5-5, although I dont see any sniff of playoffs for a while for them.

And to those who say they underachieved last year, please! They lost a game they could have won in the regional finals. They made a spectacular comeback against my Minford Falcons in the semis when they could have folded after getting pretty much dominated in the first half. This is the same class that had most of the starters on a state championship in basketball. And this year isnt over yet.

This has been one of the most athletic graduating classes from ANY school in our area. But on the flip side, they will really be missed next year on the football field.

Has Hale had any football offers yet?

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Hale was offered a full ride to Ashland U. last week. He has a couple more schools wanting to offer, but more than likely will be an Eagle next year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

UpOnTheHill wrote:Hale was offered a full ride to Ashland U. last week. He has a couple more schools wanting to offer, but more than likely will be an Eagle next year.

That is great. Congrats to him, I am sure he will do well.

Return to “Football”