Regional Final- Region 19 Oak Hill vs. Fredericktown

Browns78
Waterboy

Re: Regional Final- Region 19 Oak Hill vs. Fredericktown

Post by Browns78 »

Ironman92 wrote:It'll be an hour and a half drive in a car for Oaks fans.

At least you guys will get the home side to sit on.
You must drive really slow! Lol

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Off the subject a little - are there any games at Jackson this weekend?

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Good Luck to Oak Hill!

You are the last standing SOC team and all of SE Ohio will be rooting for you......give em hell!

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

don't worry where you play just kick arse, and bring home that trophy, leave it all on the field and let people know what SEO football is all about.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Good luck to the Oaks, your the best team in the Region. Now Go Prove It!!!

This Falcon fan will probably be there, and I want to see your Best Game, not your last!!!!

Good Luck, and stay Healthy

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

The vast majority of visitors to Hamilton Township are pleasantly surprised. We have a nice facility, and we treat our guests well, even the grumpy ones that can't say anything nice about our place (we charge them higher admission, though). We even made sure the field measures 100 yards, both east and west, just for this upcoming game, and we are looking forward to hosting Oak Hill and Fredericktown.

The main parking lot is right off of Rathmell, backing up to the stadium. There is additional parking on the other side of the high school building, and we can handle overflow at the church next door. The one drawback will be that the only permanent restroom facility is on the home side, and that portable toilets will be located on the visitors’s side. That situation will be rectified in the near future

Directions for Oak Hill fans to Hamilton Township High School, once you get to Chillicothe:
From the junction of US 23 and US 35:
- Go US 23 heading north, drive approximately 37 miles
- As mentioned previously, you will go through Circleville and the town of South Bloomfield
- The cemetery mentioned on the right is St Joseph’s
- you will go through the light at the intersection of SR 317 / SR 665
- go past Scioto Downs

- turn right at the light to Rathmell Rd, drive 1.7 miles to the school
- you will go through one traffic light (Parsons Ave), go past the Hamilton Education Center on the right, past a church on the right, and the parking lot to the school will be right there.

If you travel early and want to stop for dinner, simply go straight on US 23 past Rathmell Rd, past the I-270 interchange, and you will see eating establishments on both sides of the road for the next 1 and 1/4 miles, culminating with the aforementioned Ohio Deli. The standard fast-food places are there. Most of the sit-down restaurants will be on the right (east) side of the road: Bob Evans, a Chinese buffet, Mexican (Los Camperos, very nice), and a Ponderosa steakhouse and buffet is on the left. If you want to go another mile further, there is a very nice Chinese place called the Rice Bowl on the right that I highly recommend, just before you hit SR 104.

After dinner, when you go back south on US 23, go past I-270, past the BP station, and turn left at the first light which is Rathmell, to get to the stadium.

dbr770
Waterboy

Post by dbr770 »

Zunardo,
thanks for the info, i looked on mapqwest and it looked as though Lockbourne Rd would be the best route, to get to the school , but maybe not for the parking area and field

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best of luck to fellow SOC member Oak Hill Sat. night.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Not at all, dbr770. Just trying to make it as smooth as possible for fans to visit.

I see what you mean about taking Lockbourne Rd, but I would advise against it. It may save you a quarter-mile, but you would have to make two left turns to get to the school, and the intersection of Lockbourne and 317 can be congested with trucks from the Rickenbacker Airport area. Taking Rathmell Rd from US 23 keeps it simple, a straight shot to the parking lot and stadium.

Also, the actual current address of the high school is 1105 Rathmell Rd, that is our new high school building. You may see an address of 4999 Lockbourne Rd, that was for our old HS building, although both location are basically the intersection of Rathmell and Lockbourne.

blackandwhitemachine
Waterboy

Post by blackandwhitemachine »

Make no mistake about it - no one at Oak Hill needs SEOP to get pumped! I've watched these boys DOMINATE since the fourth grade! You are a well oiled, fine tuned machine! This will be your finest hour! You can do this! It's been such a privilege to watch you! Go get 'em! Southern OHIO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck Oak Hill!!!!! That regional Championship is right there for the taking!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

GO OAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KEEP WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragweed87
Waterboy

Post by Ragweed87 »

Should be a tough one for the Oaks, the key to this game is all in the big men, if the Oaks can neutralize the monsters (70,71) that the Freddies have up front on the D-line then it will be a very hard fought game. I'll go with Oak Hill 36 Fredericktown 28

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

I think the Oaks can have more success against the Freddies than Burg did. Against Burg, they were able to sell out against the run and get into the backfield before the runner could even make a cut. They were able to place 8 to 10 guys in the box at all times and they trusted their defensive backs in one on one situations. Only late in the game did they use a free safety.
I don't think the Freddies will be able to do this against the Oaks because of the balanced offense. However, the Freddies could be even better at defending a balanced attack than they were stopping the run. Who knows. I hope the Oaks can get 'em an hope the Oaks can score 40+. Freddies just have sooooo many athletes, you don't hear about any names from them like you would "Shank" or "Hale", but that's because there are about 5 Shanks/Hales on their team, none really sticks out.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Freddies roll into the final 4

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Stay confident Oaks... Freddies need a close game

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I don't think the problem will be whether or not Oak Hill can score on the Freddies. It will be can they keep the Freddies from scoring. The Burg scored twice on them and could have had one, possibly two, more if not for penalties bringing back big plays and killing drives. FT's line opened up holes for their backs that a truck could have driven through and they run very hard and are very fast. I saw numerous times where they would be hit in the backfield and break free to get a lot of positive yardage and quite a few times they would get 5 or more extra yards by driving the pile backwards. The Oaks will definitely have their hands full but if they play error free I think they can hang right with them.

#23 is very quick and very illusive as is the QB #13. #23 likes to spin to his left as soon as he feels contact so watch for that and also keep an eye on #1 as he likes to get hits on unsuspecting players away from the play when they aren't looking. He got Stegman quite a few times that way. I'm not saying he's a dirt player, but I saw numerous times when the play was yards away from where he was and almost dead and he would run up and give Stegman a pretty good pop when Andy wasn't watching him, but watching the play. Also keep an eye on the big TE. They like to throw to him over the middle and he has good hands.

Good luck to the Oaks.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Leave from Oak Hill and time how long it takes you to get there. It'll be darn close to 1 hr and 30 minutes.

Rt 93 for 12 miles...not quick driving

Rt 23 just north of Chilly to just past S Bloomfield....pain for a 4 lane...idiots driving the exact same speed in the passing lane as the driving lane.

Yeah, you could bust it there in 75 minutes...but you will not drive under 65 and get there in under 1:20 from Oak Hill.

Good Luck Oaks!

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Good luck and bring home the trophy , from a Falcon fan

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Good luck oak hill play under control and keep them penalties down and bring back a win.
Have a safe drive you fans and be loud for your team you have a very good team to be proud of and keep the dream alive with the team.

Return to “Football”