Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Loga

Post by biggdowgg »

Pepsiman wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:I was not refferring to B.H. coach, but you are wrong,I know for a fact of at least 5 local coaches that read this site,I have talked to them in person, not that they take anything from it, but they do read it, and also a few A D,S., we have been contacted by ADS , and coaches about certain things that are posted, because they can have ANY post emoved at request...if it is requested we do call the school to make sure that is who they say, so I am real. 8)

believe it or not, does not matter to me.

there are even 3 or 4 coaches that post on this site,and use their REAL name.

like I said Conrats to Ironton on a great season, lots of teams would have loved to have the season you had.

If you say so.............. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I dont say so, I gurantee......... :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

biggdowgg wrote:maybe not from this site, but its pretty close to what I have read on here, "but not from Ironton posters "
"We heard a lot of talk that we weren't very tough and didn't play very physical," coach Brad Burchfield said. "That drove us more. We're not soft. I don't know where that came from
I have read several posts stating that they were soft.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

biggdowgg wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:I was not refferring to B.H. coach, but you are wrong,I know for a fact of at least 5 local coaches that read this site,I have talked to them in person, not that they take anything from it, but they do read it, and also a few A D,S., we have been contacted by ADS , and coaches about certain things that are posted, because they can have ANY post emoved at request...if it is requested we do call the school to make sure that is who they say, so I am real. 8)

believe it or not, does not matter to me.

there are even 3 or 4 coaches that post on this site,and use their REAL name.

like I said Conrats to Ironton on a great season, lots of teams would have loved to have the season you had.

If you say so.............. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I dont say so, I gurantee......... :mrgreen:

Ok,thanks. :roll:

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

Great season by the tigers nothing to ashamed of. I thought the unsportsmanlike like on #5 was a bit questionable, especially knowing some of the things what were said by Hartley players. That being said the penalty was probably called because the kid for Hartley was down. I will say as much as that foul hurt the tigers he didn't cost them the game and i hate that some spectators of the game are pointing fingers on that one play. I recall the same kid tackling Key in the open field when he was gone, saving a Hartley touchdown. High-school players are bound to do things like that they are kids, i don't think its fair for any adult to single out one play or player saying it cost them the game.
Back to the game, Ironton played extremely hard, the effort was there the entire game, it all came down to execution. Hartley was more efficient on offense than the Tigers and that showed in the turnover department. It was a great season by the Tigers the kids fault hard the entire year, and they were lead by a good group of seniors.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

cant stop this

thank you, great post.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Orange and Brown wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:maybe not from this site, but its pretty close to what I have read on here, "but not from Ironton posters "
"We heard a lot of talk that we weren't very tough and didn't play very physical," coach Brad Burchfield said. "That drove us more. We're not soft. I don't know where that came from
I have read several posts stating that they were soft.

thats what she said :lol:

GREATNESS
Waterboy

Post by GREATNESS »

The only time you will see an entire Ironton crowd stick around for the entire game is if it goes in to ovetime. Trust me, as a graduate from 2010, I have never seen more support from an Ironton crowd than when the game went into overtime, and it happened two weeks in a row last year. You really do not know how shitty the Ironton fans are until you witness it. The Tigers go down by a few points and make a turnover and half of the crowd decides to make a run for the car. Afraid to stand up and represent the team when they are down and things are not going their way? Maybe with your support they could have pulled off something crazy. You would be surprised what an Ironton Fighting Tiger team could do with the town's support behind them.

To the so called Tiger fans: What does a TIGER do for you?

1. Work his ass off showing up to ever summer weight lifting trying to get stronger.
2. Going through 9 days of hell during Coach Lutz's physical fitness (hardest MENTAL and PHYSICAL workout I have ever went through)
3. Going through the two-a-days shedding the sweat and blood trying to become fundamentally sound so the TEAM can be successful. Putting their own teammates on their back only to help them up as BROTHERS.
4. Showing up at Tanks Memorial Stadium every Friday night to perform for YOU. Doing everything in their power to make Ironton happy.
5. Crying at the end of their season, knowing they will never have the glory to run out of that tunnel with thousands of fans standing on their feet.

Coongrats to the Class of 2011! You guys did an amazing job on keeping the tradition alive. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck in your futures!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Greatness :
Awsome Post !

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

good year for the tigers

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Good job Tigers! Taking home another regional runner-up award is something to be proud of! Seniors, you have done an excellent job, good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

rico suave wrote:whooped and outcoached. the hartley coach called out the tigers and he backed it up. what u gonna do when they come after you YTB. GIVE UP OVER 400 TOTAL YARDS IS WHAT U DID.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------rico. i was telling my dad , i bet we gave up over 400 yards on offense. they ran at will on us, i'll not respond to your smart--- response, because we all have our ways of backing our team. i love them tigers win, lose or draw. they had an awesome season. got beat by a more physical team friday. and we forgot how to tackle. nothing more or less.

and to the people of logan, thank you very much for your hospitality. i met many of you all. great stadium , and atmosphere. great grilled food. never saw that much sauce on a hotdog before. but i didn't waste any of it either. i can't say i met one person from logan, or nelsonville york, that was not a delight to talk to. ya'll did a great job hosting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sprinter14 wrote:No doubt about it, the better team on November 19th won the game. Congrats to Hartley. The first unsportsmanlike call was total B.S., the Ironton kid did not realize the Hartley player was hurt. My question is, what was the 2nd unsportmalike call for in the 4th quarter?? I didn't see anything happen physically. I assumed one of the Ironton kids said something to one of the officials. Anyone know for sure?

And how is it Logan builds a 99.9 million dollar facility (or something outrageous) and the down marker AND the scoreboard won't work??

I thought the overall lack of enthusiasm from the Tiger's fans said a lot about how "fair weather" they are.

And finally, the guys who get in front of the crowd to spell out T-I-G-E-R-S........., I appreciate the effort, but the old guy who actually MADE the letter shapes was WAYYY better. I'd like to see someone do it old school!!!!

Best of luck Hartley............#44 and #45 were animals! Hope they run wild on Alter too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------that would be me, out there spelling tigers. i know johnny russell was a crowd pleaser. and spelled the letters out just right. but he works in florida, and can't always make the games. and he was wayyy better. but at least we are showing enthusiasm for the tigers. and i just don't bend like i used to. i'll gladly bequeath the job to someone else.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
sprinter14 wrote:No doubt about it, the better team on November 19th won the game. Congrats to Hartley. The first unsportsmanlike call was total B.S., the Ironton kid did not realize the Hartley player was hurt. My question is, what was the 2nd unsportmalike call for in the 4th quarter?? I didn't see anything happen physically. I assumed one of the Ironton kids said something to one of the officials. Anyone know for sure?

And how is it Logan builds a 99.9 million dollar facility (or something outrageous) and the down marker AND the scoreboard won't work??

I thought the overall lack of enthusiasm from the Tiger's fans said a lot about how "fair weather" they are.

And finally, the guys who get in front of the crowd to spell out T-I-G-E-R-S........., I appreciate the effort, but the old guy who actually MADE the letter shapes was WAYYY better. I'd like to see someone do it old school!!!!

Best of luck Hartley............#44 and #45 were animals! Hope they run wild on Alter too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------that would be me, out there spelling tigers. i know johnny russell was a crowd pleaser. and spelled the letters out just right. but he works in florida, and can't always make the games. and he was wayyy better. but at least we are showing enthusiasm for the tigers. and i just don't bend like i used to. i'll gladly bequeath the job to someone else.
that ol steel knee must be keeping you from bending......maybe you could borrow a T-I-G-E-R-S letter combination from the Inflatable business on south 3rd street to help you out.......I may try that next year to see how the fans react......... :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

both my boys work there, you may be onto something.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

gahs4ever wrote:I am shocked! I never thought anyone took the ramblings posted on this site seriously and certainly not coaches, but according to the Cols Dispatch the Hartley coaches took exception to the numerous posts calling Hartley "soft" in that first game and used it for motivation.

We played Hartley last year in Gallipolis when our field was a quagmire and I thought without question it slowed down the speed of Key and others. But you could see that they had something coming and Im glad we didnt have to play them this year.

To get to the Elite Eight in any division is something around 122 other schools in your division can only dream of and most will probably never experience, so although ending your season short of your goal is less than satisfying, the reality is playing in week 13 puts you in elite company; whatever the division or region.
For all the Hartley coaches knew, those posts could have been made by anybody, including 1) Hartley backers trying to make Ironton look bad, and 2) people who hate Ironton. I guess they figured it was worth grasping at any straw they could find; and apparently it worked, albeit just barely.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Being a follower of SEO football I was hoping Ironton could bring home a state championship.
I enjoyed watching Michael Lawless as much as anyone I had the privilege to watch this year.
I hope he has a complete recovery and am looking forward to seeing him next year.

If you do not think some Ironton posters do not belittle opposing teams and players, you don't read this forum very often or with an open mind.

There are many Ironton posters who do not do this, but a few bad apples...........

When some of the ridiculous posts about BH's team and the reference to certain players appeared I thought what great motivational material for BH. There are multiple Ironton posters who believe that they can see a team one time and that gives them the knowledge/right to pass judgement on said team. Let the game with BH be a lesson, respect your opponent. We hear about losing with class. Their are multiple Ironton posters (not the coaches and players) who do not know how to win with class.
Last edited by pappy1 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pappy1 wrote:Being a follower of SEO football I was hoping Ironton could bring home a state championship.
I enjoyed watching Michael Lawless as much as anyone I had the privilege to watch this year.
I hope he has a complete recovery and am looking forward to seeing him next year.

If you do not think some Ironton posters do not belittle opposing teams and players, you don't read this forum very often or with an open mind.

There are many Ironton posters who do not do this, but a few bad apples...........
When some of the ridiculous posts about BH's team and the reference to certain players appeared I thought what great motivational material for BH. Their are multiple Ironton posters who believe that they can see a team one time and that gives them the knowledge/right to pass judgement on said team. Let the game with BH be a lesson, respect your opponent. We hear about losing with class. Their are multiple Ironton posters (not the coaches and players) who do not know how to win with class.
I don't think Irontons alone when it comes to having a "FEW BAD APPLES" that post on here. I think it's just that Ironton has always had a TARGET on it's back from many years of success and there's alot of people that Love to see Ironton fail either secretly or vacally on here. I've read alot of posts on this site that you would think is another "BAD APPLE" from Ironton and they're not even from Ironton and they are probably assumed to be from Ironton. I'm not saying there's not any posters from Ironton that get out of hand on here because there are a few, just like a few other schools have posters that could be included as "BAD APPLES.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i personally think the fighting tigers had an amazing year. most figured that all the public schools would hit a snag, when they met up with these private schools anyway. it's nearly impossible to compete with them, as a public school. but we did beat them earlier this year. plain and simple truth, we picked the absolute worst time, to play one of our most mistake filled games of the year. but we could have overcame the mistakes had we only tackled better. but sometimes you are the windshield, and sometimes you are the bug. bob lutz has had an amazing run as ironton's coach. they have made 28 playoff appearences since 1972, when playoffs started. have been in 8 state championship games, and have won 2 of them. there are programs that have never even made the playoffs. i now live in waverly, and the people up here are just in awe of ironton's past, present , and future. and nobody schedules like the fighting tigers, that are 5 males away from division 5. some will tear this post apart. go ahead and show your true colors. tiger fans expect to win, that is all we are used too. but i'd like to think we lose with grace as well. not all of us have got on here talking about officiating, that did not cost us the game. but if you were there, you know the truth, and saw how it did affect the outcome. with that said, the fighting tigers, have played 26 games in the last 2 years alone. we have the winningest coach in ohio high school football history. and he is also ranked in the teens nationally. we have more undefeated seasons than alot of programs have winning seasons. and only a couple teams in the state have as many playoff appearences as ironton. so nothing but TIGER PRIDE , FROM THIS POSTER. AT LEAST WE GET THERE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cannot wait till next year.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Week 8 2011: Ironton travels to Hartley. I know Hartley has a lot back next season including #4, #45, #82, #21 and others. Looking at their website it looks like they have a lot of young players too.

Return to “Football”