Re: D4 R15 - #1 Ironton vs. #4 Highland at Logan

Post by piratepride86 »

Go Ironton

philthyphil
Varsity

Re: D4 #1 Ironton vs. #4 Sparta Highland

Post by philthyphil »

Orange and Brown wrote:
philthyphil wrote:What a crock. Like I've said before, I hate the way Ohio does playoffs.
How is it a crock? It is almost exactly halfway for both teams. Thats fair.
I think they should award the #1 seed in their region with something more than a first round home game. Do like Kentucky does where the higher seeded team plays at home throughout the playoffs.

Ironton has to make a 2+ hour trip to Logan wheras Oak Hill travels a whole 15 minutes to Jackson.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Hopefully next year the regions just get realigned better.. How in the H does Highland and Ironton get put in the same region? lol

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

philthyphil wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
philthyphil wrote:What a crock. Like I've said before, I hate the way Ohio does playoffs.
How is it a crock? It is almost exactly halfway for both teams. Thats fair.
I think they should award the #1 seed in their region with something more than a first round home game. Do like Kentucky does where the higher seeded team plays at home throughout the playoffs.

Ironton has to make a 2+ hour trip to Logan wheras Oak Hill travels a whole 15 minutes to Jackson.

That is pretty much halfway for both schools, so that is only fair. There was really no reason to not play in Jackson, other than the distance for them to travel. The Oak Hill game is on Saturday night, so the Jackson stadium was open.

As for the oak Hill-Minford game being played at Jackson, that only makes sense. That is probably a 15 min drive for OH and maybe a 25 min drive for Minford

If Burg can win this Saturday, I look for them to play either one of them, OH or Minford right back up at Jackson.

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Re: D4-REG.15-#1 IRONTON VS. SPARTA HIGHLAND.

Post by KINGheat »

Redman wrote:
KVDW wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:our young tigers got a lot of playoff time again last night, we don't play those games. shame on whoever dunnit.
it was a young scot that scored that TD for highland, too.

"west sider" hasn't a clue why Highland called time out.

sour grapes...... as usual.
If you know soo much then, after they took a timeout with 30 secs. to go, WHY didn`t they just take a knee instead of running a play ??
you always got somethin negative to say

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

From Ironmen country,
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
TIGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i don't mind the travel, just glad to be playing.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Comparing the two areas, Ironton is a booming metropolis compared to life out in the corn fields surrounding Sparta.

Also as for the drive. It's 4 miles closer for Ironton.
But it will take Highland fans anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours to get to Logan because if having to deal with traffic and the distance.

I think OHSAA did a good job at site selection for this one.

Now I just need to figure out if anyone wants to ride down with me to watch the game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

will there be any seop tailgrating at this game?

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

noreply66 wrote:will there be any seop tailgrating at this game?
I know I plan on being there quite early to tailgate. But it all depends on when my car full will be ready to roll out.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

FIDO wrote:REPRESENT! PLAY LARGE AND PROVE THE NAY SAYERS WRONG!!!
naysayers ??? the poll right now is 86% to 14% in favor of ironton. your post must be directed at highland. :mrgreen:

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

Ironton wins by at least 3 td's. Ironton will be too tough for the Scots to handle !!!!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

FIDO wrote:
KVDW wrote:
FIDO wrote:REPRESENT! PLAY LARGE AND PROVE THE NAYSAYERS WRONG!!!
naysayers ??? the poll right now is 86% to 14% in favor of ironton. your post must be directed at highland. :mrgreen:

Where are you from, HERO!? :mad: :mad: :mad:
your worst nightmare, bubba.

you have to admit that your goofy post didn't make much sense but that's usual for some of you hilljacks.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

FIDO wrote:
KVDW wrote:

He has more than one screen name depending on when he wants to be from Wheelersburg or Minford. LOL. I know who he is, another jealous of Ironton anti-fan.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FIDO wrote:
KVDW wrote:

Wheelersburg.............. :122246

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

1987chieftains wrote:good to hear the tiger are coming back to LOGAN CHIEFTAIN stadium. equally good is that your the home team, get there early so you can get some of the reserve seats! it nice to be able to lean back and enjoy a good game. i know there will be a bunch of us from LOGAN out to watch. halfway between both schools, a great facility and great consession stands! home side seats 6ooo and vistors seats 2000.
good luck to both and
GO TIGERS!!
We'll have to bring the whole town to fill the Home side, maybe We can get some Logan support to fill in, what you say Logan Fans :122245

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:good to hear the tiger are coming back to LOGAN CHIEFTAIN stadium. equally good is that your the home team, get there early so you can get some of the reserve seats! it nice to be able to lean back and enjoy a good game. i know there will be a bunch of us from LOGAN out to watch. halfway between both schools, a great facility and great consession stands! home side seats 6ooo and vistors seats 2000.
good luck to both and
GO TIGERS!!
We'll have to bring the whole town to fill the Home side, maybe We can get some Logan support to fill in, what you say Logan Fans :122245
I'll be there. Friday Night Lights at the Chief!!! Nothing better. Go Tigers!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
good luck to both and
GO TIGERS!!
you ARE kiddin, right ?? LOL with all the raggin ironton folks has done on logan the last 4-5 years, i'd say about the only purple you'll see on your side of the field will be from valley's wannabees (and some OLD logan folks that just want a good seat no matter WHO is playin. ) :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

FIDO wrote:Hey hero..KY Jelly..I'm no stranger to beat downs...Your little nightmare comment is poppycock. I grew up on the streets of Highland Bend....Thanks to my cousin, I've taken more beat downs than I can remember...If you wanta dance, pal, let's dance! :twisted:

Ironton wins a close one... :mrgreen:
i don't know what a Highland Bend is (unless that is something YOU regularly do under the stands) and i don't know who your cousin vinnie is (but good for him) but i'll be glad to meet you and vinnie both at the concessions booth at halftime and buy you a hotdog (complete w/weenie). :mrgreen:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Logan people LOVE the Tigers. Especially Paladin. :)

Return to “Football”