D5 R19 #8 Coal Grove (8-2) @ #1 Oak Hill (9-1)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Re: D5 R19 #8 Coal Grove (8-2) @ #1 Oak Hill (9-1)

Post by grndma1 »

Congratulations Oak Hill. GO OAKS!!!!!!

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

congrads to the oaks. hornets keep your heads up great season. the underclassman set your goals where you want to be next year work hard. seniors great job i stayed after to watch the teams after they had there team huddles on the field oaks great celebration football team band and all it was a great atmosphere and seen some great sportsmanship afterwards as the teams were leaving the field as hale from oh and murphy from the grove shook hands again and a great job then several players from both teams did the same. thats how sportsmanship should be. hate to see some of seniors go.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Congrats Oaks. This score wasnt surprising, CG shouldnt have even sniffed the playoffs this year. Greenup is a point monster in Ohio LOL...

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i think the hornets will be good next year but there are some big shoes to fill especially #40 all around tough nose football player. there is also boo,murphy and a few more. are future looks good also but we have to work.

ovc_fan94
Waterboy

Post by ovc_fan94 »

Congrats to Oak Hill High School players and coaches! You have a very nice football team and deserved to win the game tonight! You have a complete team! Great line and backs!

Congrats to Coal Grove players and coaches! You have had a tremendous season and our community is very proud of you! You represented Coal Grove well all year and we appreciate all the hardwork you have put into our season.

I have never been a huge fan of these boards! I started an account tonight simply because I read some of the comments above criticizing the players and the coaches. Whay would you crticize a group of young men and coaches that went 8-3? Absolutely crazy!!! I think Oak Hill was the better team tonight and deserved to win...they were better! Our kids played hard, the coaches coached hard, we just got beat. It happens! Same thing happened at Lucasville. You can look for all kinds of reasons, but the best TEAM won that game also. Valley was better than us! Let's be real. I think our program is improving yearly! We went from 2-3 wins a year for 7-8 years to 3 straight OVC titles and 2 straight playoff appearances. We have 60 boys on our team every year, so the kids are working hard! It may not be the way you want it to be....but still we are 17-3 the last two regular seasons! And people want changes in coaches??? Criticize the kids effort and strength of schedule?

Why not just say this--- Both Coach Lucas's are doing an excellent job getting the kids out and getting the most out of them! They are winning the games on their schedules, winning OVC Championships, and getting to the playoffs. I think it would be fair to say that our next step is to win a playoff game (or 5 LOL) and advancing. I remember where we were, know where we are now, and where we are headed and it's a lot better watching games now than it was 7-8 years ago!!!!!!!!

Why not just say this --- The kids are playing their hearts out! Giving all they have every play and are working their hearts out to be successful. They are winning games, OVC Championships, and making it to the playoffs! This group of Seniors were 30 wins and 10 losses in the regular seasons and were 17 - 3 their Junior and Senior Years. Won 3 out of 4 OVC Championships, and 2 Straight playoff appearances! I think that is to be commended! VERY RESPECTABLE!

Good job guys!!!! Keep up the good work and lets get ready for Meigs next year!!!!!!!

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Hale ended up with 36/256yds, 7.1ypc and 4tds. Gotta give the credit to the line,backs, and receivers. They were getting their blocks all night long.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

UpOnTheHill wrote:Hale ended up with 36/256yds, 7.1ypc and 4tds. Gotta give the credit to the line,backs, and receivers. They were getting their blocks all night long.
AMEN!! WOW!!

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

IMO: The Oak Hill, Minford game does not and should not be played in Jackson Co or Scioto Co
with the magnitude of this game to be fair for both sides it should be played in another county that way it rules out getting home field advantage for either team.
By just reading the comments from the first meeting this year between the to could you imagine
if the team won this game in their home county this topic would still be smoking this time next year,
get this game out of the area LOL:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ovc_fan94,
You're pretty much dead-on, IMO. I heard the murmuring in the stands tonight, with questions ranging from "Will they be back next year?" to "Who's going to replace 'em?" and statements that I'm not even going to get into. All over a game they were supposed to lose. Big deal. No doubt, limping into the playoffs to get thrashed by the #1 team in the region after getting upset and losing the OVC title is not a good way to end the season. No fan was more upset than me after the Peake game, but I would not presume to bite the hand that feeds the program. CG had a lot to be proud of this year - first time they've made back to back playoff appearances in 20 years. Next year, they lose a bunch of players, but they'll return a nice core of talent and the JV ranks are stacked. We have the best athletes in the school on the field on Friday nights and have more of them playing football than any team in the OVC. Oak Hill and Valley will drop off next year too. Oak Hill's team in particular is a once in a lifetime type deal. Talent like that doesn't come through year after year.
The only thing CG shouldn't worry about is that attitude of stagnation where you settle for less every year. Making the playoffs? Great. Now work on getting to the playoffs and hanging around for a while. The past two years we've seen where the bar is set. Start working for it. Don't settle for anything less.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

ovc_fan94 wrote:Congrats to Oak Hill High School players and coaches! You have a very nice football team and deserved to win the game tonight! You have a complete team! Great line and backs!

Congrats to Coal Grove players and coaches! You have had a tremendous season and our community is very proud of you! You represented Coal Grove well all year and we appreciate all the hardwork you have put into our season.

I have never been a huge fan of these boards! I started an account tonight simply because I read some of the comments above criticizing the players and the coaches. Whay would you crticize a group of young men and coaches that went 8-3? Absolutely crazy!!! I think Oak Hill was the better team tonight and deserved to win...they were better! Our kids played hard, the coaches coached hard, we just got beat. It happens! Same thing happened at Lucasville. You can look for all kinds of reasons, but the best TEAM won that game also. Valley was better than us! Let's be real. I think our program is improving yearly! We went from 2-3 wins a year for 7-8 years to 3 straight OVC titles and 2 straight playoff appearances. We have 60 boys on our team every year, so the kids are working hard! It may not be the way you want it to be....but still we are 17-3 the last two regular seasons! And people want changes in coaches??? Criticize the kids effort and strength of schedule?

Why not just say this--- Both Coach Lucas's are doing an excellent job getting the kids out and getting the most out of them! They are winning the games on their schedules, winning OVC Championships, and getting to the playoffs. I think it would be fair to say that our next step is to win a playoff game (or 5 LOL) and advancing. I remember where we were, know where we are now, and where we are headed and it's a lot better watching games now than it was 7-8 years ago!!!!!!!!

Why not just say this --- The kids are playing their hearts out! Giving all they have every play and are working their hearts out to be successful. They are winning games, OVC Championships, and making it to the playoffs! This group of Seniors were 30 wins and 10 losses in the regular seasons and were 17 - 3 their Junior and Senior Years. Won 3 out of 4 OVC Championships, and 2 Straight playoff appearances! I think that is to be commended! VERY RESPECTABLE!

Good job guys!!!! Keep up the good work and lets get ready for Meigs next year!!!!!!!
couldnt have said it better and we should have good talent from the middle school level as well coming up over the next 3-4 years

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

TigerMack wrote:
I drain 3's wrote:I wouldn't really say Coal Grove's schedule was better or tougher than Valley's. Top teams on Valley's schedule were better than Coal Grove's, while the bottom feeders on Coal Grove's schedule were better than Valley's. I'd say games against Portsmouth West, Minford, and Wheelersburg are going to prepare you better for the playoffs than games against Athens, Trimble, or Greenup County.
Exactly! That is the point I'm trying to make. Yes, they got a boatload of points for playing Athens and GC but they need to play better teams to better prepare for the playoffs.
Ok well that isnt the nonconference schedule which Coal Grove has beefed up in the past few years. Now you are talking about the conference schedule. Sure playing west, minford, burg will get you more prepared than playing river valley, south point, and rock hill. The conference schedule is a whole other matter. Their non conference schedule has definitly gotten stronger than it has been in the past.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Way to go oaks!

rocketblue
Waterboy

Post by rocketblue »

2-trap we were aware of your statement..its obvious you have personal issues with the man...he works very hard, does more for the kids then he has to, (from a program who once had his efforts w the weightlifting programs and football to lose it) it sucks to see CG show up in grey hounds w 60 boys to state powerlifting meets! Great experience for the boys on lots of levels! He does all the work! As for coaching he must no how we win! 8-3!and will continue to win! He gets the kids out and they work their butts off for him! What more can you ask!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

No personal issues, just his coaching decision.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

2trap Your comments have been made by many on here before. As well as other places. I agree with you.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

l love the grove but there is things that has to change to get us over the hump. i thinkthe coaches need to make stricter rules and inforce them. people may get mad and not like it but thats just tuff.it makes me mad when you go to watch practices or just going to the school befor practices and see are players riding in cars smoking seen it more than once this year and it was on the school parking lot. then they do stupid stuff to get introuble or just miss practice they dont enforce rules enough in my personal opinion even if there good players set them out we have a good program but can be somuch better coaches take control set rules make them stick talk to the younger kids tell them thats the way its going to be. we have a great jr high team comming up and they see things take control coaches. i know when i was in school you didnt talk back to a coach and you respected the rules especially at schoolor around it.i know they dont have control away from school.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Lots of people starting to change their tones about the coaching staff after these last two games. It'll
be an interesting offseason. I will say this: it's good to hear that Hornet fans want more than just the OVC. Personally, I don't really put much stock in this game. Anyone who actually believed CG couldve won that game last night is smoking some chronic herb. Oak Hill couldve beaten CG by running around the ends every play or throwing downfield every play. The Hornets were outmatched in every aspect of the game. It was a good season. And it was good to see CG pack the stands last night in the cold.
Hornet8088, you hit the nail right on the head. CG is very undisiplined off the field and it carries over onto the field.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Deathcluth2010 wrote:Oak hill would play with ironton...only this year though
get real.....

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Didnt the two ADs get together and try to get this game for this year and the Oak Hill coaches said no. I think its funny though as soon as a team has a good season they start comparing themselves to Ironton and saying they would beat them.

Anyway back to the game comments.

Return to “Football”