D3 R12 #5 Jackson (9-1) @ #4 Eaton (10-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Re: D3 R12 #5 Jackson (9-1) @ #4 Eaton (10-0)

Post by footballfanatic1 »

CROW OR EAGLE THEY ARE ALL JUST FOWLS ( OR IS IT FOULS) AND TASTE THE SAME....ST.HENRY....NEED WE SAY MORE......

I AGREE BOTH TEAM PLAY HARD AND SAFE.....

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

A lot of boasting and predictions going on here. We are just the fans. We won't be playing this game, the teams will. We won't know how it ends till tomorrow night. We all know how we want it to end, but it isn't up to us. A lot of plays have been discussed, but we aren't the coaches. Both teams will be ready for a really exciting game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. All we can do is support our teams and be proud that they made it to the play offs, and be there to support them. Congrats to the Eagles and the Ironmen. GO RED !!!!

Yodiak2
Waterboy

Post by Yodiak2 »

X-Factor5 wrote:Yodiak2, status on how much Winchester will play is uncertain, but he is definitely going to give it a shot. So we'll take it from there.

As far as Eaton's physicality, It's not that I believe they're going to want to play two hand touch or something. I've seen them play and they'll definitely hit you and let you know it. I just think its two different types of physical. Offensively and defensively, our kids bring it every play from every spot on the field. Eaton's secondary is the only place im questioning physicality. Another thing i question about is how French takes being hit a few times. His line has done a very good job of protecting him all season long and the style of offense has played a big factor as well, but this defense French will see tomorrow night is very complex to read and predetermine throws against. I'm not saying he's not going to get up every time he gets touched, but I'm wondering if he gets even a little bit rattled.

swblfootballfan, I see Jackson putting up 33 points for a few reasons. Offensively, we're going to play power football up front, Eaton blitzes quite a bit and to stop our running attack Eaton will have to put no fewer than 8 in the box. When this happens, this leaves the defense vulnerable in the secondary if Arthur or Ervin are to break a few tackles. The Jackson offense is good for a big play at any given time with Arthur in the backfield. I think maybe a turnover will set up a score for us and possibly a big special teams play. You gotta remember here, 33 points is only 5 Touchdowns. If Eaton puts up a bunch of points, lets say 28, that gives our offense a lot of time on the field as well. Now obviously, this isn't set in stone because I have absolutely zero control on the outcome of this game. If i did, I wouldn't be travelling 3 hours tomorrow night. :lol:
It's just a somewhat educated prediction.
X-factor,

After watching the films, do you think Chillicothe or Wellston are better than Eaton ?
Wellston held Jackson to 13 points and Chillicothe held you to 15... Both of these teams had losing records. Were they more physical than Eaton ? Just curious..
French is very mobile. He is not that shifty, but he is fast. I think you will be able to put pressure on him if you blitz, but when you do that, we can get some quick hitters and get some yardage. Teams in the past have tried this and soon back off when they start getting burned. I just think this is a really good match up because we are so different.
I am of course nervous because Jackson is just an unknown... I might feel better or worse after the first 2 qtrs... But by then, I think I will know...

Good luck and have a safe trip to Eaton..

footballfanatic1
All Conference

WELL SAID GRDMA1 I THINK THE POSTERS FROM EATON ALL KNOW JUST LIKE THEM WE ARE PROUD OF OUR TEAM, CHEERLEADERS, BAND AND FANS.

VERY FEW PLAYERS EVER GET TO EXPERIENCE THIS. MY ADVICE IS PLAY HARD, CHEER HARD, MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR EXPERIENCE....BOTH TEAMS...

footballfanatic1
All Conference

YK2 THROW THE WELLSTON GAME OUT THE WINDOW....NOT READY TO PLAY OR THE 20TH STRAIGHT WIN AGIANST THEM WAS NOT MENT TO BE. DON'T BE DECEIVED WITH CHIL. THEY PLAYED A VERY TOUGH EARLY SEASON SCHEDULE AND WHEN THEY PLAYED JACKSON THEY HAD NOCKED OFF THE GALLI THE EVENTUAL SECOND PLACE TEAM IN OUR LEAGUE EASILY WHEN GALI WAS UNDEFEATED. WITH COACH HINTON AS THIER NEW COACH YOU NOW YOURE GOING TO BE IN A GAME.THEY COME INTO THE JACKSON GAME UNDEFEATED IN THE LEAGUE AND PLAYING FOR THE TITLE BY THE WAY BOTH CHILLICOTHE AND GALLI BOTH HAVE SOME SPEED. IN THE CHI. GAME WE MOVED THE BALL WELL JUST DIDN'T SCORE. OUR QUARTER BACK GOES DOWN AND DREW COMES IN AND RUNS THE OFFENSE AND KLAY SCORES THE TOUCHDOWN AND WINNING 2 POINT CONVERSION. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION I DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE BETTER THAN THOSE TEAMS. I WOULD ASSUME YES BUT YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO YOU CAN NEVER COMPARE WHAT HAPPENED 11 WEEKS AGO. TEAMS GET BETTER OR WORSE AS THE YEAR MOVE FORWARD.

sider_pride
Waterboy

Post by sider_pride »

Eaton will dominate the line of scrimmage. 27-14

hsfootbballfan
Waterboy

Post by hsfootbballfan »

Yo! wake up! Your just reading all this Ironmen are the toughest stuff way to much. I think you have a worrying problem. Relax, our frontline will go toe to toe with them and wear them down by the 4th quarter. We will close the holes slow their backs down and let the linebackers come in to finish. Have you not learned yet? There is only one way the Ironmen can win and that is if they are successful passing the ball. We will slow down their much balleyhood running attack and force them to pass. They want to play smashmouth football, we can do that just fine. This is just a bunch of home town fans that are in love with their team. They are one demensional and we have the players that can stop a one demensional running team.

Now they may score some points and they might even take the lead but we will score in bunches and in many different ways. We wil see how much they want to run the ball when the fall behind by two or more scores.

swblfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by swblfootballfan »

footballfanatic1 wrote:CROW OR EAGLE THEY ARE ALL JUST FOWLS ( OR IS IT FOULS) AND TASTE THE SAME....ST.HENRY....NEED WE SAY MORE......

I AGREE BOTH TEAM PLAY HARD AND SAFE.....
Are you talking about the St Henry game that Eaton won? Sure it was only by 2 pts but at the end of the day which column did it fall under? I think it was the win column..... The question at the end of every game is did you win or lose? Not did you win pretty?

Sure would I like to see Eaton come out and put 3 quick scores on Jackson and take it home from there? Sure! But in the end just win baby! You just have to have 1 point more than your opponent.

Once again welcome to Eaton. Come enjoy a good game and cheer for your Ironmen.

X-Factor5
Waterboy

Post by X-Factor5 »

Yodiak2, against Wellston in week 1 we had a lot of players playing out of position and we have made many changes since then. Quite frankly, Wellston seemed to want it more than our kids did. Resulting in an upset disaster for the Ironmen. Do I believe Wellston is a better team than Eaton? Absolutely not. Wellston held us to 13 because our kids were overconfident and thought they had the game won before they even took the field. Since then, we have played much better football.

Chillicothe was a very physical defense and they ran a scheme that was hard for our kids to block. Do I believe they were better than Eaton? Again, not by any means. But I like the scheme Eaton has shown a lot more than I like Chillicothe's. And Chillicothe is almost seen as a rivalry because their kids have played against ours since 3rd and 4th grade. And I'm sure we both understand that rivalries can go either way.

I very much agree with you though, as different as these two teams are this is going to be a very exciting game. I can't wait until kickoff!
Let's hope for a safe, injury free game for both teams.

SWBL
Waterboy

Post by SWBL »

There it is.....the main differences between these two teams. Eaton doesn't take a game off like Jackson did against Wellston (week 1 or not), and when it comes to rivals (Chillicothe), Eaton beats them by 3 or more scores. Huh? IMO, from what I have seen on film, Jackson would have finished at best 4th in the SWBL this year. When it comes down to it, Eaton goes into all of their games confident in their abilities (but not cocky) and prove that they are the better team. It sure seems by most of these posts by fans (not all) and close scores against weak competition that Jackson barely does enough to survive or they go into games over cinfident they are going to win. Well, keep driving west, you will find the "Goat Pasture" and bring with you all of those over confident thoughts and may the best team win. Sorry Grandma1, I fell into the trap......

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Man I hope klay Arthur gets pissed off and breaks a huge run right off the bat.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Congrats to Eaton on your victory and your eventual State Championship. Why are they even playing this game? Hope they know what comes after 3 in the country. Give'em hell Bubba! Go Ironmen!

swblfootballfan
Waterboy

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rivals.......

Let's get ready to ruuuuuumble!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

"cream of the fight"?....or thrill of the fight?

I hope the Jackson players have read about 5 of these posts.

Some of this stuff is just silly.

Personally, after a week of reading Eaton looks like a great team with the same goals and desires of our Ironmen. No true Ironmen/football fan gives a ratt's butt about the facility, the drive or the weather. Anyone thinking this will be an easy game for the Ironmen are a little too excited IMO. Yeah, we've read and researched all about Eaton....but man we know so little. When the game gets started.....then you'll know. As for the teams we play during the season...you kinda already know because we play them every year and we know far more about the teams they play as well.

I've yet to ever give the opponents enough credit or the right amount of credit beforehand in the playoffs. Everyone told us how great TJ Turner was....but we thought nothing of it because we had our best team ever and some of our best players ever....and yes Jackson won 7-3....but to this day TJ Turner is the most dominating physical speciman I have seen Jackson play against....next game we hear about some DeSales players going to OSU....but those players didn't really impress...but the total team did for sure. Years later we hear about how fast this QB from Withrow was...blah blah blah...we had Jared Humphreys the 2-time 1st team all-state QB.....well, again like Turner, Dante Love was the most insanely talented player Jackson has ever faced....fortunately we made a couple of HUGE plays and held on for dear life as Love took the snap on the final play with 22 seconds left.....and scrambled back and forth around the field before FINALLY being knocked out of bounds as the clock expired.....next week we hear nothing impressive at all against Glen Este and they just killed us up front and took it to us....and then Trevor Walls was going to beat us easily without some of our best players and it took OT to beat us.

No one knows who will win. I THINK, Eaton has a slight advantage but in no way could I not give the Ironmen a HUGE chance to move on. I do not believe either team can play less than very good and win. I want the Ironmen to play hard, smart and be ready for the game changing play....and then make it...dream it tonight and live it tomorrow....1- handed catch on 3rd and long, jumped route interception the other way for a score, 30 yard FG in a tight game, refusing to go down on 4th and 1....dream it.....live it!

Go Ironmen!

Yodiak2
Waterboy

Post by Yodiak2 »

hsfootbballfan wrote:Yo! wake up! Your just reading all this Ironmen are the toughest stuff way to much. I think you have a worrying problem. Relax, our frontline will go toe to toe with them and wear them down by the 4th quarter. We will close the holes slow their backs down and let the linebackers come in to finish. Have you not learned yet? There is only one way the Ironmen can win and that is if they are successful passing the ball. We will slow down their much balleyhood running attack and force them to pass. They want to play smashmouth football, we can do that just fine. This is just a bunch of home town fans that are in love with their team. They are one demensional and we have the players that can stop a one demensional running team.

Now they may score some points and they might even take the lead but we will score in bunches and in many different ways. We wil see how much they want to run the ball when the fall behind by two or more scores.
Yes, I do have a worrying problem... :? I have worried about 5 or 6 games this year and the Eaton boys always amaze me how they handle things and get the job done... I hope Eaton continues to play like they have all year..

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

In case someone can't get the game, Ironton at the end of the first quarter, is ahead 11-0.

Yodiak2
Waterboy

Post by Yodiak2 »

Ironman92 wrote:"cream of the fight"?....or thrill of the fight?

Personally, after a week of reading Eaton looks like a great team with the same goals and desires of our Ironmen. No true Ironmen/football fan gives a ratt's butt about the facility, the drive or the weather. Anyone thinking this will be an easy game for the Ironmen are a little too excited IMO. Yeah, we've read and researched all about Eaton....but man we know so little. When the game gets started.....then you'll know. As for the teams we play during the season...you kinda already know because we play them every year and we know far more about the teams they play as well.

I've yet to ever give the opponents enough credit or the right amount of credit beforehand in the playoffs. Everyone told us how great TJ Turner was....but we thought nothing of it because we had our best team ever and some of our best players ever....and yes Jackson won 7-3....but to this day TJ Turner is the most dominating physical speciman I have seen Jackson play against....next game we hear about some DeSales players going to OSU....but those players didn't really impress...but the total team did for sure. Years later we hear about how fast this QB from Withrow was...blah blah blah...we had Jared Humphreys the 2-time 1st team all-state QB.....well, again like Turner, Dante Love was the most insanely talented player Jackson has ever faced....fortunately we made a couple of HUGE plays and held on for dear life as Love took the snap on the final play with 22 seconds left.....and scrambled back and forth around the field before FINALLY being knocked out of bounds as the clock expired.....next week we hear nothing impressive at all against Glen Este and they just killed us up front and took it to us....and then Trevor Walls was going to beat us easily without some of our best players and it took OT to beat us.

No one knows who will win. I THINK, Eaton has a slight advantage but in no way could I not give the Ironmen a HUGE chance to move on. I do not believe either team can play less than very good and win. I want the Ironmen to play hard, smart and be ready for the game changing play....and then make it...dream it tonight and live it tomorrow....1- handed catch on 3rd and long, jumped route interception the other way for a score, 30 yard FG in a tight game, refusing to go down on 4th and 1....dream it.....live it!

Go Ironmen!
Amen Ironman92, Except for the go Ironmen statement :12223

Proud Aunt
Waterboy

Post by Proud Aunt »

Oh my time has stopped I think......I am so looking forward to the game tomorrow night....Wish time would move alittle faster...It has been very strange not watching a game night...Good luck IRONMEN!!!! Play a great injury free game.....

swblfootballfan
Waterboy

Ironman92 wrote:"cream of the fight"?....or thrill of the fight?

Go Ironmen!
Man I did put cream of the fight.......I guess I can't multi task on my blackberry after all and probably have too much dairy farmer in me. Lol

I guess its a good thing the team doesn't let me call plays.

1959irish
Waterboy

Post by 1959irish »

I predict PAIN the Feathers of the Eagles all over the Field ! Go Ironmen !!!

ok thats enough trash talk
good luck to both teams
You have played hard all year this is your
Bonus Round
No loosers from here on out !!!!
just more icing on the cake !!!!

Return to “Football”