SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Post by 4thgoal »

bash wrote:thats the problem ........support another kid from another community?.....we are southern ohio.....and thats the problem,noone feels the need to help support anyone else but their own........what a terrible statement to not help out any kid.
Helping out a scholarship is not a problem and if they asked for donations at the concession stand or next to the gate it wouldn't be a big deal. To force an increased ticket price onto what they know will be the largest crowd they will see this year is not very ethical. If it was a scholarship anyone in the county could apply for, it would be different. The games that have been designated in various sports to help fight cancer never changed the ticket price. They sold t-shirts and other items to raise money. How can you force people to contribute to your scholarip fund?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I sure don't like it. It should be a choice to support a scholarship fund , not a forced fee to see a football game. just not right. .

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Its a dollar. They will all be there! One thing for sure, parking is HORRIBLE when West is doing good! LOL! Old Pirate I agree somewhat, but doesnt Spartan stadium have the same thing? What they do is put yellow tape up and ur right on the field. I love that! Problem at west is they put a fence around the track. Hard to make a standing area with that fence there. THey can do it tho. Not much talk about the game anymore. From both sides. I like the Burgs chances here. The West runners will absolutely be on fire starting off. Burgs defense will really need to be on their toes early and often for ANYTHING! One thing I like about Burgs pass coverage lately is thats what they do as a defense, they havent taken the fakes and 90% of the time they are on the receiver. They may get beat, but they arent going for the run, they are covering their guy and letting the Dline and LBs to cover the run.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg must be Psyched! I havent gotten a txt from my nephew. ARRRRRRRRRRRRR

CompetitiveByNature
Waterboy

Post by CompetitiveByNature »

Having seen burg play a couple times already this year, it looks like their line will be able to overpower west. Not to mention they have one of the most capable backs to have come through the SOC lining up to run behind them. Wouldnt be surprised if Schankweiler has over 200 yards again in this one, leading the way for a relatively comfortable burg win.

Burg 28
West 13

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

I'd like to see some Wildcat out of schank. Every time he touches the ball it's the same feelings people in the NFL get when Devin Hester touches it. Him plus that Line is just a force to be messed with.

I believe West can win this game though because of the heart the team has. Never gave up the Minford game or Valley game. What is going to hurt though is the fact of Compton not being able to play. Kids a hell of a linebacker and they're going to need the LBs and DBs to step up big this week. Dline i think they're pretty solid there and will give the O-Line of burg problems through out the night but like I said the LBs are going to have to step up big tonight an cut down the miss tackles.

35-30

WEST

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
D-5 wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Just heard that ticket prices are $6.00 and the extra dollar was going for something. Does anyone know what it is going for?
$1 dollar of each adult ticket will benefit The Portsmouth West UCAN scholarship fund .Saw that in the paper

SO, they are asking another school to help fund a scholarship given out by them to a West student??????

I don't have a problem with trying to help kids out, but come on, asking another community to help you with this.

Shoot, Burg should have charged $10.00 a ticket this year to help rebuiled the stands and put in the turf.

I see this opening up a can of worms.

Burg gets their extra dollar for addmission at the middle school games. If we want to talk about admission cost how about $4.00 for a middle school game, to watch a game in trailor park field with a visiting section of bleachers big enough to accomodate 20 people, plus they cant play both 7th and 8th grade the same night, so that admission charges for 2 home games a week instead of 1.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I think an extra buck or two next yr for the turf fund is a good idea. Let the other schools help pay for the turf. they play on it every other yr.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

OST wrote:What is going to hurt though is the fact of Compton not being able to play. Kids a hell of a linebacker and they're going to need the LBs and DBs to step up big this week.
This is news to me. Why isn't Compton able to play, did he get hurt or is it do to grades? Anyway, West without both of their starting LBs is going to hurt them big time. He played TE on offense so they can adjust there, but with out him on D I think Burg pounds the ball between the tackles. I bet this is a quick game given both teams style of offense, so we'll know around 9:30pm tonight.

Burg 31
West 14

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

MAN! Compton not playing. That duo of Compton and Pendleton at LBs was the best around. Sorry to hear that.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Wow. Will Compton be back for the playoffs. Big loss.

west football
Waterboy

Post by west football »

This is a big game for both teams. I think if Locher can step it up and get the rest of the team to step it up play like they can they will win big. If not it will be close but WEST by 7. I look for #15 to have the game of his life tonight.............

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

west football wrote:I look for #15 to have the game of his life tonight.............
my brother had the "game of his life" once. got sacked 7 times and threw 5 interceptions. lost by 42-6. :122246

shiloh
Waterboy

Post by shiloh »

compton is out due to illness. He just got out of the hospital 3 days ago, won't be released to play for at least 30 days. BTW he is a straight A student. Compton not playing tonight will be a huge loss for west, he is one of the best linebackers in the area and a force on offense and defense. Wish him well and hope for a speedy recovery.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I have a feeling west will pull this out by 7

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

sider wrote:I have a feeling west will pull this out by 7
must be an anal feeling rather than a gut feeling because with compton and pendleton gone, west is gonna have to pull it outa their a$$. :shock:

89pirate74
Waterboy

Post by 89pirate74 »

any1 gonna be posting updates? i am in cinci and they seem to be streaming the minford/valley game on wnxt!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If I don't get busy I will try to do the updates. I'm at work though and I have a truck scheduled every hour. I'll do my best, but if I get busy I'll probably miss some action.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West gets the ball first. Burg won the toss and deferred.

West ball on the 26

1st and 10, bricker for 4

2nd and 6, auger for the 1st down, roger calling west the pirates. lol

1st and 10, flag on west, holding

1st and 16, journey 3

2nd and 13, ball on 36, auger for 6

3rd and 7, bricker for the 1st down

1st and 10, ball on burg 49, locher for 2

2nd and 8, timeout for equipment, ratliff for no gain

3rd and 8, ratliff pass to locher for the 1st down

1st and 10, ball on burg, sorry got busy and missed some plays

4th and 5, ball on the 23 of burg, timeout west, burg needs a big stop here, ratliff pass complete to locher to inside the 5

1st and goal, burg needs to stop the pass, bricker in for the TD for west

xp good

west 7
burg 0

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

burg ball on their own 33

1st and 10, schankweiler for the 1st down

1st and 10, ball on 43, schankweiler for another long gain,

2nd and 1, schank for the 1st down, ball on west 47