Ironton Vs Portsmouth - The Great Subway Bowl Week Is Here!

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Blackjack
JV Team

Re: Ironton Vs Portsmouth - The Great Subway Bowl Week Is He

Post by Blackjack »

This one will be no fun to watch. It will get ugly in a hurry. Tigers win easy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cannot wait to see my buddies from portsmouth. and watch a game in that beautiful stadium. it should be rockin, i CHALLENGE ALL FIGHTING TIGER FANS. TO COME TO THE GAME. NOT JUST HOME GAMES. AND MAKE SOME DANG NOISE. FILL THE BLEACHERS THERE IN PORTSMOUTH AND MAKE IT A HOME GAME FOR DEM TIGERS.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Regardless as to what people say about this being a big rivalry game and Portsmouth having any semblence of a shot a winning this, Ironton will win this by as much as they want. I would love to see the Trojans pull off the huge upset so the Burg could get the much needed computer points but the Trojans haven't played well since beating Warren in week #4 and I believe haven't won a game since then. Ironton is on a roll and they will butter it with the Trojan's blood, sweat, and tears come this Friday night.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

kantuckyII wrote:Image
He's probably out there someplace kantuckyII. Last I knew he was still at that other place somewhere above I70. Might be working his way south though!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Probably getting ready to ride a five gallon bucket into Trojan land..or...he might still be showing up there down by the river ;-)

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

I have heard that IF Portsmouth wins this game. It gives them 13 points and puts them in the playoffs. Can anyone tell me if this is true

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

pan-man wrote:I have heard that IF Portsmouth wins this game. It gives them 13 points and puts them in the playoffs. Can anyone tell me if this is true

According to Joe Eitals website they aren't mathematically eliminated yet which mean a win over Ironton gives them a chance at the playoffs, but I think a lot of other things have to be factored in as well. Like some other teams ahead of them have to lose and all the teams the Trojans have beaten have to win. It's not impossible, but it's not very probable either. But hey, stranger things have happened.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

West_Sider wrote:Would anyone else besides me think it would be cool if Ironton vs. Portsmouth and West vs. Wheelersburg could be played on a Saturday Grid o Rama type situation where these teams played back to back to finish the season. I understand the logistics of it would have to be worked out, but to me the two best rivalries in Southern Ohio on the same field, on the same day.. All those amazing fans in one place at one time. That would be special. I know there will be some people that post why this can never happen, and they are probably right. But, it would be pretty cool.
high school football is for friday nights !!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

why does subway get the naming rights for this game?? yuckkk

River Creature
Waterboy

Post by River Creature »

Whos Prince Trojan

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

ironton is much too strong for the trojans this year!!

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Well in the case that they have a CHANCE at the playoffs, i wouldnt put them Trojans out just yet.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Image Looks Like Jesco is pumped over this week's edition of The Sunday Quarterback. Click him and see why. Wonder if Prince still has the gumption to do so?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

tl895 wrote:why does subway get the naming rights for this game?? yuckkk
Me 'n Biggdowgg made a bet for a foot sub from there back in July over this game while eating at Subway. They're..them Portsmouth fans, are laying low hoping Ironton will totally over look them and BAM! Tigers go home with a loss!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Hoping for a safe injury free game, the Fighting Tigers have a long road ahead of them in thier quest for a State Appearence

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

kantuckyII wrote:Image Looks Like Jesco is pumped over this week's edition of The Sunday Quarterback. Click him and see why. Wonder if Prince still has the gumption to do so?
Now that's funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NUFF SAID...........

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Yes, PHS has Ironton right were we want them....lol....as much as I would like
the Trojans to give Coach a nice going away present I am fearful for the safety
of our boys.....After the Logan game I know the Trojans will give all they have and
it being Ironton will help motiviate them....Hard to believe that if IHS wins they
will tie this series...OMG how the times have changed, from when I went to PHS...
Good luck Trojans and give Ironton what for.....wipalawalt

GAHSgoingBIG
Waterboy

Post by GAHSgoingBIG »

Portsmouth has no chance against the tigers...ironton 73-13. and the only reason Portsmouth will score is because ironton will put in there JV hahah...

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I might not know a lot but I'll be absolutely STUNNED if Portsmouth doesn't turn this into a real game Friday! I swear, Coach Clifford always seems to be able to squeeze out a little more of them on Ironton week, year after year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Tigers play in Portsmouth's new stadium for the first time. It's a beautiful facility. Any Ironton fans who aren't 100% committed to going might want to use this as the final arm twister to get them to go to see it

Return to “Football”