OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Post by RJ7171C71R »

fuzzhead wrote:Rock on man! The 80s were a great time to be a Hornet/fan I'm told! Good luck to your nephew this Friday and hopefully for the Grove's sake he contributes in a big way!
Yes it was!!I will never forget the Playoff game between us and Wheelersburg at Portsmouth!!It was a heck of a game and we lost in OT or in the last minute I cant remember but it was a good game!!My friend and I(who was from Rock Hill was standing on the sidelines near the Goal Line and Coal Grove was about to score.It was like 4th and gaol at the 5and Lucas went for it.Our running back was Todd Simpson and he was one of are best running backs ever!He was kinda little but fast and he wasnt afraid to lay a lick on somebody!!The Grove runs a sweep and we were standing by a bunch of Pirate fans and a Big Burg Linebacker comes up and hits Simpson,this Wheelersburg fan says "Hello" and Simpson knocked the bigger guy on his a$$ and without missing a beat,I said "Goodbye" as he goes in for the TD LMAO!!Those guys gave me the meanest looks but I was lovin it LMAO!!

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

hey fuzz do you think the CG has a chance if they play the NY Bucks!!?

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

fuzz its driving me crazy now looking at the schedules and the games for friday. cant wait for the game and the win. lately its kinda like the old days trying to figgure out who we play in week 11. we also only lost 2 jv games this year and the jr high lost 1 the graade schools also done great with the b team going to the super bowl and a team going to the playoffs and i think both only lost 1 game, so it looks good for a while.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fuzzhead wrote:Rock on man! The 80s were a great time to be a Hornet/fan I'm told! Good luck to your nephew this Friday and hopefully for the Grove's sake he contributes in a big way!
In the 80's and early 90's there were two guarantee's during football season, Coal Grove was a threat for the OVC and Coal Grove would play Wheelersburg twice in a year.

dirtmcgurt
Waterboy

Post by dirtmcgurt »

Like I said before I know everything about football Coal Grove has A good team but not good enough to beat the peake!!!
Chesapeake 48 Coal Grove 0 Sorry all you Grove fans but you just aint that good!!!!

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

dirtmcgurt wrote:Like I said before I know everything about football Coal Grove has A good team but not good enough to beat the peake!!!
Chesapeake 48 Coal Grove 0 Sorry all you Grove fans but you just aint that good!!!!
So I will take ur 47 points and bet u a million dollars!Your crazy man! :-D

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

footballcrazy wrote:hey fuzz do you think the CG has a chance if they play the NY Bucks!!?

Any given day!!! CG may have something the Bucks cant defend. U never know! BTW, great job by the Bucks this yr. I thought it was a down yr? CG big in this one. Hornets get into the playoffs!! Nice job by the team!

Herdya
Waterboy

Post by Herdya »

Can someone send me txt updates on the game??? It would be greatly appreciated!

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

game day GO BIG GROVE!!!! GO BIG GROVE!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Herdya. I can give you updates. PM me your number if you want.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Question for Fuzz: If there was indeed a home playoff game for the Grove next week, would it be the first?

panthersnaps
Waterboy

Post by panthersnaps »

Coal Grove will be going home on the bus, but the jug won't be with them. Chesapeake by 7 to claim the OVC. Good luck to the Hornets in the post season.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

buckeyeshots wrote:Question for Fuzz: If there was indeed a home playoff game for the Grove next week, would it be the first?
It would indeed be the first!

earp
S

Post by earp »

I dont really have a dog in this fight but I kinda would like to see Coal Grove win and get a home playoff game!I think it would be a big deal if 3 county teams had home playoff games!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

dirtmcgurt wrote:Like I said before I know everything about football Coal Grove has A good team but not good enough to beat the peake!!!
Just a sad attempt to get CG fired up. Very sad.

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

Chesapeake upsets Coal Grove and wins by two scores.

groveman
Waterboy

Post by groveman »

Coal grove 14, Chesapeake 7 at the half.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

groveman wrote:Coal grove 14, Chesapeake 7 at the half.
Thanks!

Please keep the updates coming.

groveman
Waterboy

Post by groveman »

Chesapeake 25 coal grove 22 final

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Wow. This was probably the upset of the night. Most thought that Coal Grove would stroll through this game and host week 11. Now there will probably be no playoffs?

Sad to watch such talent flushed down the toilet. Its like watching Portsmouth implode.

Return to “Football”