OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Re: OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I have to go with CG in this game. They've got some size and some speed. They have lost a good bit from last year but are still a very talented football team. Don't get me wrong, Chesapeake is good too but I think the Hornets are better.

Coal Grove by about two scores or less. Should be a good one

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I don't see the wet field being an advantage for CG at all. Chesapeake has played on it all year. Coal Grove plays on turf at home. There was a time when a muddy field was an advantage, but I think it ceased to be when they started playing on the fake stuff.
According to Drew Pastuer, the Hornets will be playing in Week 11 win or lose here. A win would mean a possible home game but regardless, they won't be travelling more than an hour away, probably ending up at Burg or Valley. Yikes.
A loss here would probably slide them down to the 8-spot where they'd probably have to right back up to Oak Hill for a 2nd year in a row. There is also the possibility of ending up traveling all the way up to Fredericktown to play the Freddies. No one in the region wants to do that. Best case scenario: CG wins, gets help, and slithers into the 4-spot to play Nelsonville-York at home.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I agree with you fuzz about the wet field, 10 years ago I would have said the Hornets easily on a wet field, but not these days I mean we played six games total this year on turf, so a wet field does not necessarily mean a Hornets win. I do think they will win this game and I do believe we will be playing at home the following Saturday, and I would like to have a Coal Grove/Nelsonville-York game, or a Coal Grove/Minford game, the latter to give our Seniors one more chance of beating them and also the fact that even though we have lost all the games against Minford, they still have been exciting to watch.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

I think the grove will simply wear them down with their run game and the dline will keep their scoring in check. Grove by 14+

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

What I truly hope to see this week is the same as last week, use the power running game until the start expecting it then let the ball fly through the air, we have a passing game and it's nice to see them figure out how to use it and when to use it.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I have seen some examples of CG playing at Burg in week 11! That would be awesome! But Burg has to beat West first!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya and remember the sloppy game at Fairland in 2008 41-6 wasnt it?I agree about the playing on turf thing!Its supposed to be sunny thursday and friday so I look for it to be a fast track!

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

after seeing both teams play earp. what's the prediction u give on this game looking in from the outside.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Coal Grove 30

Peake 16

earp
S

Post by earp »

Definetly Coal Grove I just think they are the better team at this point!

arrowhead
Waterboy

Post by arrowhead »

For all the marbles in the OVC. Good luck to both teams. CG by 7 pts.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

keep working hornets be ready friday a win could be a home playoff game we have never had one.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Doubtlessly a bunch of CG fans will be checking scores on second-level points games all over the area during the night. I'm sure Bohica, 2trap, and 8088 will all be biting their nails anxiously! Haha
BTW, we had what I thought was a terrific crowd at Fairland on Friday. I know I'll definitely have to get to Chesapeake about an hour and a half early if I want a good seat!

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

I cant really give a educated statement on this game, but i am def rooting for Coal Grove. I have only been able to make it to one game all season (because of work) and it was a blow out before the half-time. I will be anxiously awaiting to hear the score while im at work!

GO GROVE!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Baz if you need txt updates, pm me your number and I'd be happy to keep you updated. I've done this for a few different people the last few weeks.

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

Fuzzhead,I hope your right about the home playoff game!!I think we will get after beating the Peake by 12 :) We will start of running it then unleash Alex Bare and the passing game on them LOL!!My brother pointed you out at Fairland and explained why you were called fuzzhead LOL!!Maybe I will holler at ya at the Peake if I see ya!!Thats if I even get a seat cause I work til 5:30 in Point Pleasant,WV and thats over an hour away but no way I miss this game as it has lots riding on it!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fuzzhead wrote:Doubtlessly a bunch of CG fans will be checking scores on second-level points games all over the area during the night. I'm sure Bohica, 2trap, and 8088 will all be biting their nails anxiously! Haha
BTW, we had what I thought was a terrific crowd at Fairland on Friday. I know I'll definitely have to get to Chesapeake about an hour and a half early if I want a good seat!
Honestly fuzz, I am taking this one game at a time, if the Grove wins this week like I know they should then everything else should take care of itself, I just want our boys to win their fourth straight OVC then worry about playoffs.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

RJ, I didn't know anyone knew why I chose 'fuzzhead' as my username!
If you're at the game Friday, don't hesitate to say hi. I always enjoy meeting new people at these games. I also hope none of the Peake fans on here will hesitate to search me out. It would be great to meet you guys.

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

Well,I was told by my brother who has a son playing for the Grove this year,that you used to have bushy hair in high school when u played for the Grove,hence the name fuzzhead LOL!!I just hope the grove wins and makes the Playoffs and I think my nephew can help them get there :) Proud graduate of Coal Grove ,Class of 1986 LOL!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Rock on man! The 80s were a great time to be a Hornet/fan I'm told! Good luck to your nephew this Friday and hopefully for the Grove's sake he contributes in a big way!

Return to “Football”