Week 9: Ironton Fighting Tigers Host The Fairbanks Panthers

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers Host The Fairbanks Panthers

Post by I-town-90 »

sportnut wrote:If any of you Ironton people can honestly say that Hartley was not weak.....Please???? Even you Tigertownchicken I mean Turkey..Give me a T________! Your team has it easy the next two weeks and the 1st round of the playoffs the 2nd round and done...Give me another T_______!
That is exactly what I thought. Not nearly man enough to apologize for flapping your gums and hiding behind a keyboard talking about HIGH SCHOOL KIDS.

You have demonstrated your football knowledge already, thank you for making it clear. Just another jealous poser.

Go Tigers.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Ironton.......
Last edited by BubbleGumTiger on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

If Ironton advances to the second round, who...do you think think Ironton will play the second round of the playoffs? Hartley was the number 2 team in Region 15 as of last weeks' numbers. If the playoffs were held using last weeks numbers (Eitel still doesn't have his up yet, we're going have to dock his pay!) and Ironton went to the second round, it would be either; Hartley, Heath, Portsmouth West, Coshocton, Sparta or Albany they'd be playing.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:If Ironton advances to the second round, who...do you think think Ironton will play the second round of the playoffs? Hartley was the number 2 team in Region 15 as of last weeks' numbers. If the playoffs were held using last weeks numbers (Eitel still doesn't have his up yet, we're going have to dock his pay!) and Ironton went to the second round, it would be either; Hartley, Heath, Portsmouth West, Coshocton, Sparta or Albany they'd be playing.
Tucky, I would say geography and travel time will come into play.....we have seen that before over the years........

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm sure it will but his post seemed to imagine that the Fighting Tigers are doomed if they make it past the first round. I'm simply pointing out that there aren't any teams in the region that would be 'impossible' for the good guys, even in the most vivid Ironton haters mind to defeat.....but...they don't need me to say that, they said it loud and clear this past Friday.

There are three rounds to be played to get out of the regional game; regional quarterfinal, regional, semi-final and regional final. All three of these games will be between these eight teams

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Ironton.......
Last edited by Tiger Lady on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Ironton

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

lets get back on the game,and away from the bashing.

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

Ironton fans like to live in the past.. just read our history.. this field, was this.. our team was that..

history is great.. but it's just that history, your website is nice.. it's got alot of valuable information,
like directions that I took to watch some history a few weeks ago.. FREIGHT TRAINED!!! by the A-TRAIN..

now.. Ironton should handle farmbanks easily. they have athletes, they are just not deep. They will spread it out
and try get their players in space.. I'll spend the week given farmbanks some props..but it will be task for them
to come down all that way.. Farmbanks will play hard and till the end.

Now hartley. I'd like to see that match up on a neutral field.. D4R15 is soft region and Ironton, old style offense should get
them to a round 2 or 3..

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Ironton still is, that's why so many other school's fans live on Ironton's threads..just to bash Ironton. You don't see Ironton fans coveting what anyone else has

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Good Luck Tigers!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Ironton still on top in Division 4, Reg 15...........

Joe Eitel

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I would venture to guess that an Ironton victory Friday night will not only clinch a home game but a first place finish? I'm thinking Eitel is being kinda conservative and it should have read 'clinched a home game' on Ironton. Then again, Heath has two D3 teams on their schedule coming up but..their records aren't very good at all.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

trip4, i sat on the visiter side friday, beside a scout from west virginia uni, he seemed pretty impressed by 3 of ironton players, two linemen, and one back. I would say imo that is pretty good for a team that runs such an old style offence wouldn't you?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Note, this is Ironton's 28th playoff berth! That's the third most in the state! Only Cincinnati Moeller and Newark Catholic have more. Moeller just has one more and they are now controlling their destiny..however, they have a tough game Friday against an undefeated D1 St. Edward. If they don't make it, then, Ironton will be back in a two way tie for second again.

Considering there's 718 schools which have a football program in the state, that's quite a distinction

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

bilco2 wrote:trip4, i sat on the visiter side friday, beside a scout from west virginia uni, he seemed pretty impressed by 3 of ironton players, two linemen, and one back. I would say imo that is pretty good for a team that runs such an old style offence wouldn't you?
That's great..........wonder who He was there scouting to begin with????

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
bilco2 wrote:trip4, i sat on the visiter side friday, beside a scout from west virginia uni, he seemed pretty impressed by 3 of ironton players, two linemen, and one back. I would say imo that is pretty good for a team that runs such an old style offence wouldn't you?
That's great..........wonder who He was there scouting to begin with????
I would say the "KEY" to he was scouting didnt turn out exactly like he hoped it would......I think you get the point, at least I hope you do...

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

[quote="trip4"]Ironton fans like to live in the past.. just read our history.. this field, was this.. our team was that..

history is great.. but it's just that history, your website is nice.. it's got alot of valuable information,
like directions that I took to watch some history a few weeks ago.. FREIGHT TRAINED!!! by the A-TRA
IN..

now.. Ironton should handle farmbanks easily. they have athletes, they are just not deep. They will spread it out
and try get their players in space.. I'll spend the week given farmbanks some props..but it will be task for them

Now hartley. I'd like to see that match up on a neutral field.. D4R15 is soft region and Ironton, old style offense should get
them to a round 2 or 3..[/quote}

You talk about us being obsessed with history, look in the mirror. You get on here and with everyone of your posts you refer to beating us. You played a heck of a game, but it's over. Get on with your season.

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

trip4 wrote:
I think the Ironton Fighting Tigers are playing the Milford Fairbanks Panthers.......I am trying not to detect a little sarcasm in this post....

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

I think I know who you are talking about, and he just says he is a scout for WVU, when he is actually from South Point. He wears all WVU gear and carries a note pad with him. We always laugh our butts off at him because my sources in SP are pretty certain he has absolutely nothing to do with WVU, he just likes to pretend he does. I saw him at the Ashland game. He attends nearly every Ironton game from what I have been told.

I may be wrong, but I bet I am right.

So, nothing to see here folks, just move along now...................LOL

Return to “Football”