Trevon Pendleton Update

28Buck
Freshman Team

Re: Trevon Pendleton Update

Post by 28Buck »

Good luck young man. Every true football fan in SEO is praying for you to make a full recovery! Good luck and god speed, prayers will be sent from these Minford Falcon fans.

The Gaines family

gobucks2011
Waterboy

Post by gobucks2011 »

Good luck and cant wait to watch you on saturdays remmeber God has great plans for u man he will be there for u. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. A football future. Good luck Trevon

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Trevon; You have Thrilled and Inspired so many young Men and people on the West Side and in Southern Ohio. You have had such an Impact on your Community not only with your Athletic ability but also your Great Personality. I Honestly believe you will surprise the Doctors and Therapists with a quick recovery. Just remember; To Paint a beautiful Picture you have to use some dark Colors sometimes.........Its not the end But Just a little set back!!!!!!!!!

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Post by westsidelarry »

just want to say that me and my brother have both enjoyed watching trevon,he is one special football player.hoping for a speedy recovery and seeing him at the next level

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Get well soon Trevon. We are all praying for a speedy recovery. Listen to your doctors and your parents and stay strong.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

My grandson is playing with a plate and screws in his arm. His issue was not as serious as Trevon's. He had an injury near a growth plate that caused one bone to grow faster than the other and the bones were jamming together. They surgically shortened the long bone and put in a plate and screws. The doctors were amazed at his recovery time. He was back to lifting and being unrestricted much sooner then the doctors orginal time table. Prayers for as good of a recovery for Trevon.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Best of luck Trevon, from an Ironton Tiger.....

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Good Luck Trevon. We will pray for your recovery.

From a Falcon Fan

2013FALCON
Waterboy

Post by 2013FALCON »

Me and my son's thoughts and prayers are with you. We send you our best and pray for a complete recovery.

And to those of you who want to make bad comments, keep them to yourself. This could have been you son. Shame on you!!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Trevon, I hope this will help encourage you...In 1964, at age 16, I sustained a compound FX of the metatarsal behind my L big toe, and a ruptured Achilles tendon from landing wrong on a springboard. I was operated on in Christ Hospital, Cincy; hadta have 3 surgeries. I was in a cast upta my hip for 9 months.(The cast was changed every 6 weex.) I could not place weight on my L foot at all.(Try "using the john" with one leg stuck straight out!)
When the cast came off for good, ny L calf was hardly as big around as my forearm & I could hardly move my ankle or toes. But I did all the physical therapy I was allowed, and became almost fanatical in my quest to become as well as possible. My Drs. told me how much of what I could do to not overdo it, and I did every minute of it! It HURT to stretch those long-unused muscles & tendons, but I knew I HAD to do it to recover as much as possible.
The injury happened in July between my frosh & soph years of HS, and in Spring of '65 I pitched baseball in Senior League & managed to bat in the .350s despite my not being able to run fast. By the enda summer I could walk without a limp! To keep a long story short, I played football & baseball my Jr. & Sr. years without any complications & to my full ability. BUT I HAD TO WORK HARD IN THERAPY & IN THE WEIGHT ROOM TO GET THERE! I am now 62 years old, with no prob from that injury except some occasional pain at the site of the FX, & my not being able to move my L big toe down completely dueta the tendon being shortened.(I still have the screws in my metatarsal; the Drs. saw no sense in cutting on me again to remove'em since they cause no prob.)

YOU have the advantage of some 46 years of technology since my injury occurred; hopefully you'll be able to bend your knee. My cast weighed some 60 lb; added to my 215 lb. weight, I was trucking a load around on crutches. Hopefully, you'll have an "air cast", effective but lightweight.

Walking on crutches takes practice, but an athlete like you should quickly master it. Jues be careful stepping DOWN from anything, steps, curbs, etc.

With today's technology, you should be able to make a full recovery! You have the thoughts & prayers of me & my family. Hopefully, this will mostly be a bad memory a year from now!

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Trevon- Our hearts and prayers are with you- god will carry you and your family thru this time- just remember to keep your faith on him and he will get you through this time, as i have told you before my son says you are the nicest young man he knows from the West team and he has said that long before your injury. You touch and influence a lot of people. As a parent i know and feel your parents pain as they hurt for you and god will carry them also. Keep your focus your a great young man that this the county and community is extremely proud of. God bless you ;-)

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Good luck Trevon..From West Union

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Any update on how His Surgery went???

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

You can do all things through Christ. Prayin for ya Trevon. i enjoy watchin you play and hope to see you complete your dream.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Any update on how His Surgery went???
From what I heard from the family the surgery was a huge success (8 screws and 2 plates) and now its just a waiting game. They say 6 months for a full recovery and then the rehab. I heard that the doctor said that his Will and Determination will determine if he will play again.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

AWESOME!! Outstanding!! You hear of these surgerys all the time in the NFL and they come back to play. Trevon, put a helmet on when u rehab! How about a Burg helmet to make you heal faster! LMAO!! Get ur butt ready for some real hard work getting that leg in shape again. Good luck young man!

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Good Luck Trevon--- you are in our prayers!!! Waverly Tiger Nation is pulling for you!!

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Trevon- Just a note to say we are all praying for a quick recovery for you. 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strengh is made perfect in weakness". This is just a thorn in the flesh and God will strengthen and take care of you. Be strong and get well soon.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

QB4 wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:Any update on how His Surgery went???
From what I heard from the family the surgery was a huge success (8 screws and 2 plates) and now its just a waiting game. They say 6 months for a full recovery and then the rehab. I heard that the doctor said that his Will and Determination will determine if he will play again.
That's great, thanks for the update.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pulling for a full recovery from Portsmouth

Return to “Football”