Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 8

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 8

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dude, contrary to what many believe on here. i hate to argue. if i do it's generally standing up for myself. or somebody talking crap about ironton that does not know the entire picture. i am merely having a discussion. and this started because of paladin's bs. about our watered down schedule, not about an ironton jackson game. and by the way, i have had posts deleted for calling this certain poster a dipstick. and he has for years belittled entire teams, called players out by names, belittled the tigers program on every post calling them tiggers. bob lutz taught him a personal lesson for betraying ironton, many years ago. and he never got over it. the same thing that happened to jackson when they supplied a playoff foe of ironton's additional films. but thats chasing an ole rabbit. back to the subject at hand. you cannot allow a poster to badger a whole community , and not expect that community to talk back. his pick this week. was wrong. he can live with that, it was all the other bogus stuff within his post that led to his assault by the whole board. we duck nobody. and if we get beat , we'll shake your hand and move on, paladin simply cannot do that, and is a cancer to this great site.he was wrong, we brought it to his attention. nobody is making fun of logan's dismal season, at least that i've seen. yet he's called millford city fairbanks, our next opponent everything, but a milkcow. he does realize we are 5 athletes from d5. ourselves. we had an open date, like 2 other teams did in the state, we needed a 5th home game, we got a 7-1 opponent. but it's okay for logan to drop 3 divisions to schedule a fine d5 program in nelsonville york. and not allow comments. i look for NY TO MANHANDLE LOGAN. again, big fish little pond syndrome. andif you ain't figure it out yet, though i ain't batman. i try to undo injustices on here, and will continue to do so. want more facts on our past, present and future. go to the states finest high school website, ironton football dot com. and you'll answer your own questions.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Heres the current standings in the SEOAL after these games --

Jackson 4-0
Chilli 3-1
Gallia 3-1
Logan 2-2
Portsmouth 2-3
Warren 1-3
Marietta 0-5

The game this next week with Chilli -Jackson and the following week with Jackson -Gallia will decide the title.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

YTB,

I wasn't even talking about what Paladin has said. I was having a discussion with fuzzhead about him calling the SEOAL a "joke". He brought up Ironton, their schedule, and the SEOAL. Then I basically complimented Ironton's AD, staff, and administration for putting together a smart schedule, and you somehow thought I was insulting them. I'm sorry you misunderstood me, but all I was saying to you is that Ironton's scheduling philosophy is smart because it sets them up to gain MAJOR computer points every season.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

paladies pick of chilli over warren in a easy one, and chilli defense throttling warren was very insightful.......NOT !!! Keep up the good work pal. .....what a joke

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Paladin is a joke. He comes on here and bashes high school teams that he knows nothing about. He hasnt seen any of them play and tries to convince everyone he has great knowledge. Ha Ha Ha

All of his knowledge is based is based on past years and has zero to do with this season.

But he is entertaining.........

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Blackjack wrote:Paladin is a joke. He comes on here and bashes high school teams that he knows nothing about. He hasnt seen any of them play and tries to convince everyone he has great knowledge. Ha Ha Ha

All of his knowledge is based is based on past years and has zero to do with this season.

But he is entertaining.........

Most of the good ones get a lot wrong

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

even my 10 yr old picks better than PALDI

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

footballfanatic1 wrote:even my 10 yr old picks better than PALDI

Lets see them

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

seoal is alittle down this season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

BBallin fool wrote:seoal is alittle down this season.

Just can't really say

It is easy to see that Jackson and Gallia are doing better than last year
Chillicothe is doing better than many thought
Logan just hasn't played good ball and are down from 2009
Marietta---They seem to be better than the last couple years
Portsmouth is turning out to be Logan's twin
Warren with a new coach and game plan--better passing game than running-turn around from last seson seem to be about the same.
With Ironton gone and Logan down too many people are letting themselves believe the league is down

With looking at all of that I would say they are a bit stronger.

It is better for the league to have the championship move around.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well said gahs forever,,during Logans long run they were very very fortunate not to have alot of key injuries esp. skill players,they had the usual bumps and bruises but nothing like this year,that had to help! And I did remember palidin saying before the year even started Logan had to avoid injuries to contend for the the league because they were not very deep so was right about that......

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Thats correct, C-Bolt. I commented that Logan should have 22 good starters but not much depth after that ,so they had to stay healthy. The other point is that while they had some good starters, most had no EXPERIENCE and I expected them to lose the first two games in getting some of that experience. They may yet finish strong , but it will be too little too late. The last two games are certainly winnable if injuries don't kill them.

On another note, I thoroughly enjoy the trashing of me from the peanut gallery clowns who extoll their local team while I make my picks. This has been an unusal year for me and while I've been usually strong in making picks over the years, I must admit I concentrate on power programs in the state and D-I teams, which leaves out all of SEO. Even at that, and being 3.5 hours from Logan & 5.5 hours from the "sportsmen" of the river, I know as much about most programs down there that I don't follow real close than the natives who live in most of those burgs. And , of course, it will get even easier for me once the playoffs start..........lol

Tiger grad 00
Waterboy

Post by Tiger grad 00 »

if you look back Ironton joined the league under a different AD and DIFFERENT coaches.When coach Lutz and the new AD came in they were working on getting out.Coach Lutz likes being independent...Logan should have taken the cookie in '82...

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Paladin, You are a real rocket scientist. :lol: It amazes me how little you know. Coach Lutz really must have broke you down, you really need to stay up north. I wonder what Columbus or Cincinnati team will win the Div.1 State title this year?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

So many people really want to be Paladin

its so funny-lol

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Noreply66, You mean like you! :12223

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

gahs4ever wrote:There is a fallacy in dismissing the league as "down" just because there is no state ranked team at the top.

As Ive been saying all year long, the only difference in this year and last is Logan has had a tough season. Portsmouth has been decimated by injuries, but the rest of the league is better than last year IMO. Jackson is 7-1 and is in a position in the league they havent seen since 1998. GAHS is already four games better than last year and looking at our first winning season since 2006. Warren could repeat their 7-3 of a year ago with a new coach, Chillicothe is light years better even though they only have 2 more wins to show for it. Even Marietta is more competitive than last year.

So other than Logan, I dont buy the league being weaker argument. Evn had Ironton stayed, they would still be looking up at Jackson this year and they are playing four SEOAL teams.
4ever -

But if Ironton had stayed it would give the league another quality team.

In 2010, their are only 2 GOOD teams in the SEOAL, GAHS and Jackson.

The rest of the league is mediocre or worse.

While Chillicothe and Marietta may be better than a year ago, Warren, Logan, and Portsmouth are all having much worse seasons.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i can't help but wonder what will happen when lutz does leave ironton for good. i know they have a lot of good asst coaches. but that transition will be rough. look at what happened a few yrs ago when he left for a yr and what logan is going through now. the talent is there, the coaches are there but if like a arkward meet n greet for a few yrs. will the ironton fan base be able to with stand that time period of being mediocre?

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

1987 Chieftain, It looks like your having a hard time dealing with it. LOL :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote:i can't help but wonder what will happen when lutz does leave ironton for good. i know they have a lot of good asst coaches. but that transition will be rough. look at what happened a few yrs ago when he left for a yr and what logan is going through now. the talent is there, the coaches are there but if like a arkward meet n greet for a few yrs. will the ironton fan base be able to with stand that time period of being mediocre?
I think Ironton fans are struggling with a period of "mediocrity" now.

Let's face it, Ironton hasn't won a championship of any kind since 1999 and have lost to an SEOAL team every year since 2005.

That's not what Ironton is used to. But it is the new reality.

Return to “Football”