D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by cg-ironton fan »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Burg by 14 in this game!!!
are you ok down there in Scioto county ? 14 ??

good luck burg

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:

good luck burg
I'm good bro!! We got this!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:

good luck burg
Are you OK down in Larnce? I told BG6 I thought the same thing. Burg will shock everyone in the state except Wheelersburg.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

good luck burg
Are you OK down in Larnce? I told BG6 I thought the same thing. Burg will shock everyone in the state except Wheelersburg.
oh yeah I am fine, I sure hope you all get it!!

burg brings there A game I do believe you all could win, compete for sure!!

if you all do get it and play at shoe you must go to EAGLES PIZZA in new Albany(only 20 min or so away) and eat pizza!!

this pizza is the BOMB (giovannis my favorite around here) if eagles was here it would take 1/2 to 3/4 giovannis business within 30 days!!

GO BURG GO

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

good luck burg

if you all do get it and play at shoe you must go to EAGLES PIZZA in new Albany(only 20 min or so away) and eat pizza!!

this pizza is the BOMB (giovannis my favorite around here) if eagles was here it would take 1/2 to 3/4 giovannis business within 30 days!!

GO BURG GO
Absolutely NO-WAY does Guovannis Pizza get trumped by the new Alnany EAGLES PIZZA. Just was there last year during all of the finals. Sauce us to "typical". I have a good friend is an AD in Columbus area, & he took me there. Close, but not enough grease!!!
I just had my roommate bring me home the new jumbo one from Ironton giovannis three weeks ago. Put the slices in gallon ziplock bags & I ate it for 3-days & was still better than NA's attempt @ besting Ohio River water to make that crust better too!!!

CWVoice
Waterboy

Post by CWVoice »

vladimir wrote:Anyone who can get movies on demand, look for a 2012 movie called: Touchback. It's about Coldwater football and stars Kurt Russell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Cap8alEQw

It's fictional but based on Coldwaters program, town, and commuity. Good movie.
It has about ZERO to do with Coldwater, except there's a place called Coldwater and it's in Ohio. It was even filmed in Michigan.

If you want to know about our community, we are a fairly rural town. Until its closure in 2001, our primary industry was New Idea, a factory that made farm implements. Now, most of our population works for Honda, Crown Lift Trucks, or in any number of local manufacturers. Mercer County is always #1 or #2 in ag production in the state each year. Our population is 85-90 percent Catholic, most of whom attend the same church. (We usually are "more Catholic" than most parochial schools we play.)

Famous alumni include OSU Linebacker Ross Homan, and Bengals QB Keith Wenning.

We dress around 90 football players and have 100 members of our band, so about 35% of our student body will be directly involved in the game on Friday night. One cool thing to watch is the interaction between the band and the football team. The coaches and directors have worked to make an environment of mutual respect. Something missing in many schools.

Besides one baseball game, one other tie between Wheelersburg is one of our local attorneys, Paul Howell is from there. He was county prosecutor for awhile and his wife was a long time teacher at CW.

(BTW, for SEO pizza, you can't beat Late Night in Athens. If it's still around that is.)

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
P(irate) wrote: Are you OK down in Larnce? I told BG6 I thought the same thing. Burg will shock everyone in the state except Wheelersburg.

GO BURG GO
Absolutely NO-WAY does Guovannis Pizza get trumped by the new Alnany EAGLES PIZZA. Just was there last year during all of the finals. Sauce us to "typical". I have a good friend is an AD in Columbus area, & he took me there. Close, but not enough grease!!!
I just had my roommate bring me home the new jumbo one from Ironton giovannis three weeks ago. Put the slices in gallon ziplock bags & I ate it for 3-days & was still better than NA's attempt @ besting Ohio River water to make that crust better too!!!
Gotta put my 2 cents in here also, you sir are correct about that monster pizza from giovannis in ironton! Can't lie, when I walked in there to pick it up with my burg gear on after the opening game I was worried! Then the told me it wasn't finished yet and I knew then I was gettin more toppings then I asked for! So I waited, the only burg shirt in the place ( it was packed!) finally got that monstrosity and somehow wrestled it into the jeep. Got home, black lighted it, said sum prayers, lil holy water, prayed again, then said screw it and started shoving that pizza down my neck. It was without question the best pizza I've ever gotten from any giovannis anywhere! I don't wanna know what was on it. Frankly I'm scared to have that info! Man it was ALMOST as good as a pizza from perry's!! That's the best compliment I can give. Only took us 2 days to eat that monster tho. We like pizza obviously! :D

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I'd devour it, like I hope the burg does CW, BUT A MIGHTY BIG TASK. It can be done.
Go burg!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Football and pizza. That's the way to a man's heart right there. Although Giovanni's is my favorite from down home. I am kinda liking Christy's pizza. We order a lot of it at work in Roundtown.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote:Football and pizza. That's the way to a man's heart right there. Although Giovanni's is my favorite from down home. I am kinda liking Christy's pizza. We order a lot of it at work in Roundtown.
google eagles and if u like 7 toppings get the large all way for only 18.50 u cant go wrong I promise. (the picture of it is exactly how it will look)

florida guy must be on swamp fumes to think this is 2nd best to giovannis LOL ( i am die hard giovannis also )

go burg

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Maybe I missed GIO SO MUCH & I wanted that & only that. So the Eagles was eh.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:Maybe I missed GIO SO MUCH & I wanted that & only that. So the Eagles was eh.
that's probably it cause I have friend in Lakeland and she whines over giovannis all time (missing it) LOL

she even took 3 orders back with her last time she flew in LOL

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Probably so, I have family that have to have a giovannis pizza every time they're in town. Even over top of the ribber!!! Must be sum seo crack in that sauce or something obviously!
I do love talkin about pizza but I know this won't kill all the time til Friday!! Usually the holidays fly by but with the biggest game burg has had since 1989 on the horizon this week will obviously crawl!! Go burg! FBT!

Bird-Of-Prey
Waterboy

Post by Bird-Of-Prey »

Isn't Eagles Pizza cash only? I ate there once and had to use their ATM for a fee of course. I drive by now on my way to Mellow Mushroom so I can eat and pay later with a credit card. Heck, pop machines now take credit cards. If Eagle's accepts credit cards now, I'll put it back on the approved pizza shop list.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

https://youtu.be/QpSvfKMxVeo
I have been watching some of the highlights and I can't get over this hit.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
P(irate) wrote: Are you OK down in Larnce? I told BG6 I thought the same thing. Burg will shock everyone in the state except Wheelersburg.

GO BURG GO
Just how big is this jumbo pizza you speak of? I'm a big pizza guy I may have to try it out.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote:https://youtu.be/QpSvfKMxVeo
I have been watching some of the highlights and I can't get over this hit.
LOL that hit was epic!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Actually, Burg and CW have history in football. They played on a Saturday in the 90's with CW winning.

In baseball they have met twice in the state semis. 96 and I think 2012. Both times Burg went on to win the state.

That could be a good omen.

CWVoice
Waterboy

Post by CWVoice »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Actually, Burg and CW have history in football. They played on a Saturday in the 90's with CW winning.

In baseball they have met twice in the state semis. 96 and I think 2012. Both times Burg went on to win the state.

That could be a good omen.
The second baseball semi was in 2014, and Coldwater won a tight game in 10 on a run down ball thrown into the outfield. The Cavs went to beat CHCA for the title.

http://pressprosmagazine.com/wheelersbu ... keth-away/

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You are correct.

Return to “Football”