Bishop Hartley (6-1) At Ironton (5-2) At the Tank Stadium

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

KVDW
SE

Re: Bishop Hartley (6-1) At Ironton (5-2) At the Tank Stadiu

Post by KVDW »

I-town-90 wrote:
Again, I am going to disagree. So with your statement then scheduling Cardinal Mooney, Versailles, Coldwater, Newark Catholic would all be considered scheduling "Down" I guess? Please explain that.
i don't think i have to "explain" that..... mainly because i didn't say that. there goes your little deceptive tactics again. making up crap to suit your needs. :mrgreen:
i didn't say ANYTHING about Mooney, Coldwater, etc. as scheduling "down". in fact, i didn't say anything about Mooney, Coldwater, etc. AT ALL, except to copy them from YOUR long list of beasts that you try to intimate that you schedule regularly.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

KVDW wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:

KVDW wrote:
exactly WHEN was the last time you played most of these teams that you mentioned ?

OHB1 wrote:
Actually We played Columbus Desales from 99-05 prior to rejoining the SEOAL, Olentangy Liberty 06-07
exactly !!! columbus DeSales was ONE team on that long list and THAT was FIVE YEARS ago !!! IT90 was trying to intimate that ironton played ALL those teams on a REGULAR basis. (and don't EVEN try to say he wasn't ). i guess he figures if you are going to name drop, drop big ones and drop them hard and maybe nobody will notice.

and didn't a little D5 team from down the river play Olentangy a couple of years ago.... and BEAT them?? i guess they scheduled WAAAAY up, huh ?
Who was the D5 Team down the River that beat Olentangy Liberty and What year was it????

What Team around here schedules Teams like you mentioned above on a regular basis, We have played alot of BIG Name Teams over the years more than you can say for any other Team in this area. We also used to be D3 at one time and now we're barely D4 and stand a good chance of dropping to D5 after this year. Being Independent now it will be interesting to see what Teams We schedule the next few years especially if We do drop to D5.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

I-town-90 wrote: I didn't try to "portend" we scheduled those teams year in and year out. You obviously missed the point. I happened to have named a few small schools who are powerhouses and can kick the crap out of nearly every D2 school in the state. I am trying to point out that your argument that the "talent pool" is the same doesn't hold water and is ridiculous.

You have made you opinion known, and so have I. We can let the readers decided which schedule is tougher, playing teams like Coldwater, Ursaline, and Mooney, or playing D2 schools that have won a combined 6 games in 4 years.
first of all, let me dispell some of the "untruths" that you have thrown out there that i supposedly said or a false stance that i have taken....

i never once said that scheduling Mooney, Coldwater, etc. was scheduling "down". YOU created that in your own mind.

i never once said whose schedule was or was not "tougher". another filament of YOUR illumination. :mrgreen:

my whole point and my ONLY point all along has been that scheduling teams like D4 Hartley (same as ironton) isn't "scheduling UP". (note that i didn't say it was scheduling "down"). :mrgreen:

and as far as talent pools go, your schools numbers of boys is close enough to Hartley's that it satisfies OHSAA requirements to put them in the same division so the same relative amount of boys are available at each school to play sports. maybe you have a bunch of boys walking around the halls that have decided not to jump in the "pool" but the odds of having the opportunity of equal talent should certainly be there.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

To all of the Bishop Hartley Fans coming to Tiger Town have a safe Trip and enjoy the Tank, if you get the chance take a walk through Tiger Alley and take in some of the History of the Tank.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

OHbuckeye1 wrote: What Team around here schedules Teams like you mentioned above on a regular basis, We have played alot of BIG Name Teams over the years .
why can't you boys seem to get things straight even when they are pointed out to you ?? i sure wish you guys would stop trying to put words in MY mouth. :oops:

let me say it again...I wasn't the one who mentioned THOSE teams. IT90 did and i merely copied and pasted them from HIS post.
and to answer your (misdirected) question, NOBODY around here INCLUDING IRONTON schedules teams like that on ANY kind of basis. IT90 was the one dropping the big names around as if they were regular ironton schedulees so maybe you should be asking HIM that question.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:SO ANYBODY WANNA TALK SOME FOOTBALL BOUT DEM FIGHTING TIGERS, AND BISHOP HARTLEY. SURE HOPE HARTLEY BRINGS MORE FANS DAN JONATHON ALDER.
in case you hadn't noticed, this IS about football and it IS about your beloved tigers and it IS about hartley etc. :roll: it's probably just a problem for you because somebody is questioning YOUR annual chest thumping about your "death defying" schedules and you don't want it questioned.. :mrgreen:

and if ANYBODY shouldn't be complaining about talking about SCHEDULES.... it's YOU !!
i don't even have enough ink in my ribbon to write all the times YOU have got on here and wrote about ironton's "beastly", "humongous", "stupendous", maneating" etc, etc, etc schedules.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

the tradition is there they have been to the playoffs more than any local team and there is only 2 teams in ohio who has made it more thats impressive. there schedule is a good one and usually is no need to try to explain anything. they are the IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS and they have been a power house.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

:aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

GO TIGERS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

T-I-G-E-R-S- TIGERS.

That guy
Waterboy

Post by That guy »

Ironton by 2 TD's after leading through most of the game and adding a final score late to seal the win and make the margin look a little wider than the game itself. Should be a classic

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

All I have to say is that I've lived around southern Ohio over 50 years and when you mention Ironton football the next words out are usually "They're Tough". Do I normally root against Ironton, YES but do I respect the program , YES. We happen to be in a position this year that we will be rooting for the Tigers the rest of the year SO, Good Luck Friday!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Friday weather forecast:

Scattered showers in the morning and clearing in the afternoon with a high of 65 and a low of 39. Game time temps should be in the middle 50s with a 10mph wind.......

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:Friday weather forecast:

Scattered showers in the morning and clearing in the afternoon with a high of 65 and a low of 39. Game time temps should be in the middle 50s with a 10mph wind.......
That sounds like some football weather right there. Cool and Crisp. The covered stadium may come in handy, but I hope not.

Give me a T........................................

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we love our covered stadium.

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

Lets go Tigers lets get us a Win here. Time to start rolling, now that we got losses out of the way now finish the rest of the season strong....... :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70 :aaaaa70

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i have not seen this anywhere yet. but i'd think if we do beat columbus bishop hartley. we may well have mathmatically already assured ourselves of a playoff spot.i bet it is close. but thats not what we want we wanna win out and remain number 1 in our region, and play at tanks memorial stadium again in week 11.

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i have not seen this anywhere yet. but i'd think if we do beat columbus bishop hartley. we may well have mathmatically already assured ourselves of a playoff spot.i bet it is close. but thats not what we want we wanna win out and remain number 1 in our region, and play at tanks memorial stadium again in week 11.
Yes we do, if we do have a playoff game at the Tank. I heard u were going to paint yourself and wear a TUTU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
KVDW wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:

KVDW wrote:
exactly WHEN was the last time you played most of these teams that you mentioned ?

OHB1 wrote:
Actually We played Columbus Desales from 99-05 prior to rejoining the SEOAL, Olentangy Liberty 06-07
exactly !!! columbus DeSales was ONE team on that long list and THAT was FIVE YEARS ago !!! IT90 was trying to intimate that ironton played ALL those teams on a REGULAR basis. (and don't EVEN try to say he wasn't ). i guess he figures if you are going to name drop, drop big ones and drop them hard and maybe nobody will notice.

and didn't a little D5 team from down the river play Olentangy a couple of years ago.... and BEAT them?? i guess they scheduled WAAAAY up, huh ?
Who was the D5 Team down the River that beat Olentangy Liberty and What year was it????What Team around here schedules Teams like you mentioned above on a regular basis, We have played alot of BIG Name Teams over the years more than you can say for any other Team in this area. We also used to be D3 at one time and now we're barely D4 and stand a good chance of dropping to D5 after this year. Being Independent now it will be interesting to see what Teams We schedule the next few years especially if We do drop to D5.

Wheelersburg played Olentangy Liberty in 2003, which I think was there first year of football. Burg beat them 48-14

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

KVDW wrote:
tl895 wrote:oh and if playing schools up north is not scheduling up
thanks for making my point for me tl895. exactly what i pointed out several posts ago.
according to your statement here (and a LOT of others do it too) just playing a school "UP NORTH" is PERCEIVED as "playing up" . :roll: nothing could be further from the truth.
there are PLENTY of schools "up north" that little Symmes Valley could roll and not be considered to be playing "up" at all.

this is just a myth created by people like you'retigerbait and kantucky to help explain why you frequently (like this year) lose to the Alders and Hartleys. D4 is D4 and it ain't schedulig up.

Alder and Hartley may be better teams but the fact remains they are still just D4 just like ironton.
i didnt just mean this year.. how many schools along this river have even come close over the last 30 years to playing the strength of schedule and variety of teams ironton has played during that stretch? washington dc, cincy, coulmbus , toledo dayton. need i go on? trust me belfry ky would have smoked the soc a few years ago. and this year does south point, rock hill portsmouth west, valley the grove ANYBODY play a week in week out schedule this good?? and there is a difference between playing sorry d IV teams [ rock hill is bigger than ironton that would be playing up to you?] and playing good established programs. you need to spend time with knippswife and get some good therapy :lol: by the way who does YOUR team play?

Return to “Football”