SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Winner?

Total votes: 0

That guy
Waterboy

Re: SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by That guy »

1. Pendleton runs for 175+ yards.
2. West's passing game is shown to not quite yet be at the next level that they need it to be at.
3. West ends up with somewhere around 250 yards of total offense.
4. Pendleton scores on 2 rushing touchdowns.
5. Pendleton scores on a special teams touchdown.
6. West converts one XP attempt, a 2-pt conversion at that.
7. West becomes the first team to intercept a Yates pass.
8. Yates throws for 150+ yards.
9. Yates runs for 75+ yards.
10. Holcomb runs for 75+ yards.
11. Valley ends up with 350+ yards of offense.
12. Valley's defense interecepts 3 West passes.
13. Valley's secondary returns an INT for a TD.
14. Holcomb matches Pendleton with a special teams TD.
15. Yates throws two TD passes.
16. Yates runs for one TD.
17. Valley converts 4 of 5 XP attempts, all kicks.

Valley wins 34-20.

Now, lets see if I'm "that guy" that is close on any of these crazy predicitions.
Or, if I'm that "that guy" that is nowhere near being right on any of these crazy predictions.
Last edited by That guy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

That guy
Waterboy

Post by That guy »

Before the die-hard fans start ripping me apart, please know that I'm just making these predictions for fun to see if I am anywhere close to being right. And, I'll find it just as entertaining if I'm completely wrong on everything. I mean no harm. Just a crazy old man with too much time on my hands. :12224

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck to both teams and injury free......would love to be able to watch this game......but a drive up the river to Gallia prevents it.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

siderman wrote:You make some good points, but remember last year West had that game basically in the bag until we fumbled it away with turnovers. Usually if we have a more than a TD advantage in the 4th quarter the game is over.

Second I'm sure Valley is better, but West is much better in basically every facet of the game this year. Our line struggled last year. We were 1 dimensional, and that 1 dimension was basically Pendleton. If you stopped him we were hurting. West has shown, that isn't the case this year.
The point is, West didn't win the game because of turnovers... Which most of the time is the biggest factor in any game.

Also everything in bold print could be said about Valley too... And while Valley ran the ball well early last season, they were a 1 dimensional air attack towards the end of last season.

Both teams have improved since last season, and both teams have taken care of business thus far to put themselves in this position. It should be a great ballgame!

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

siderman wrote:Friday we had one defensive goal, and that was to stop the run. I would imagine that pass will be much more of an emphasis this week.
Last year when Roback and Waverly came in people said the same thing. West went nickel and totally shut them down.
Actually siderman, I think the Roback boy was injured in the first half of that game. I love my Senators, but I wouldn't put much weight on that game for pass defense. It all starts with making the QB uncomfortable, giving him a sense that he needs to rush things. If the big boys up front can do it without needing the LB's and DB's to blitz, it's going to be much easier for the pass defense to succeed. I'm sure both of these quality coaching staffs have something up their sleeves to try and take momentum early to get the other young team's young men out of the game plan. Both teams play several Sophomores & Juniors, so youthful mistakes will ultimately be the deciding factor I think in this game.

sider_alum03
Waterboy

Post by sider_alum03 »

VALLEY AND WEST OPPONENTS WIN.. LOSS.. COMBINED RECORDS

VALLEY W28-L42
WEST W28-L42...KINDA FUNNY..

valley beat coal grove which is 6-1....
west beat minford 5-2....

both schools have only played 1 school with a winning record...west faced its best "D" last week an valley hasnt faced a defense yet, soo who knows how yates will react when he gets knocked down a few times...west def showed they have more then just #8..so now u hafta watch out for them other back who can break off runs...an levi can def throw the ball down the field, an he's got capable recievers, an i didnt think they had a good "O" line but man was i wrong after watching them HOGS bulldoze over minfords D-line in the 4th...sooo i still see west by 2TD's easy....DB's will def get a test though...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

sider_alum03 wrote:VALLEY AND WEST OPPONENTS WIN.. LOSS.. COMBINED RECORDS

VALLEY W28-L42
WEST W28-L42...KINDA FUNNY..
I thought those numbers looked too high. Both teams have played 7 games, so their opponents have only played 49 games (7x7).

Valley's opponents 11-38
West's opponents 14-35

Both teams have 4 common opponents who are a combined 3-25.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

If I'm Valley, I take my chances with West trying to throw the ball against their secondary... I would throw as many guys in the box as possible and dare West to throw the ball. I know West has capable athletes, but if they are throwing the ball it's playing into Valley's strength.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

By the way Valley's D-Line sounds...You are gonna have to put 9 in the box to even stop the West run game... and If Levi can be accurate Valley will be in trouble!! If the Run is working well and West can "Throw at will".

sider_alum03
Waterboy

Post by sider_alum03 »

oops, my bad was in a hurry when i put that...lol...but still its close...i just combined all the wins an losses from all the schools together prolly why the number was high... :122249

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

QB4 wrote:By the way Valley's D-Line sounds...You are gonna have to put 9 in the box to even stop the West run game... and If Levi can be accurate Valley will be in trouble!! If the Run is working well and West can "Throw at will".

How exactly does Valley's D-line sound? What does that mean? By looking at the pictures from the Minford-West game, I don't think West has that big a size advantage up front. West gets the reputation of being more physical because they line up foot to foot and come at you. Valley get the reputation of being finese because of the spread. Valley's defense will hit you and they will play physical.

And I don't care if Valley puts 8 in the box and plays man up with Yates free in the middle, West will not throw the ball "throw at will". Holcomb is the best man corner I have seen in a long time and Lenne plays the ball very well on the opposite side. #14 takes care of everything deep. I know that West is a great team and the quarterback is a solid player, but the only way West will have success through the air is after establishing the run and using play action. If West were to lineup in Pro formations and attempt to throw, Valley would control them.

Should be a great game either way.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I guess we'll find out in about 27 hours how it will go. I think it will be a very entertaining game to watch. With two undefeated teams this late in the season playing, I'm sure it will be a great crowd and atmosphere. Weather should be great.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Here's a link to the Valley/Waverly game if you haven't seen it.

http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/inde ... Itemid=111

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

Crab's brother wrote:
QB4 wrote:By the way Valley's D-Line sounds...You are gonna have to put 9 in the box to even stop the West run game... and If Levi can be accurate Valley will be in trouble!! If the Run is working well and West can "Throw at will".

How exactly does Valley's D-line sound? What does that mean? By looking at the pictures from the Minford-West game, I don't think West has that big a size advantage up front. West gets the reputation of being more physical because they line up foot to foot and come at you. Valley get the reputation of being finese because of the spread. Valley's defense will hit you and they will play physical.

And I don't care if Valley puts 8 in the box and plays man up with Yates free in the middle, West will not throw the ball "throw at will". Holcomb is the best man corner I have seen in a long time and Lenne plays the ball very well on the opposite side. #14 takes care of everything deep. I know that West is a great team and the quarterback is a solid player, but the only way West will have success through the air is after establishing the run and using play action. If West were to lineup in Pro formations and attempt to throw, Valley would control them.

Should be a great game either way.

:lol: I meant by the way people are talking about the O & D lines. Sorry for the confusion.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

It time for the Indians to step up or slide down with 3 big games in a row. The bad part is they have to go to the Rock home of the rough and rocking Siders first. Then they get the Burg which they haven’t beaten in a very long time if ever. Then what is left will get the rested up Mighty Minford Falcons. WOW this part of the schedule won’t be cake walk like the first 7 games was! We will see what the Indians are made of this month.

footballdoc
Waterboy

Post by footballdoc »

Hey guys check out the video posted on justen staggs facebook page, a fake interveiw of a valley player after the game. VERY FUNNY ! it looks as if it was done in fun .
Last edited by footballdoc on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

QB4 wrote: :lol: I meant by the way people are talking about the O & D lines. Sorry for the confusion.
I know its beating a dead horse, but watching more of the video, West has a big advantage up front on both sides. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Valley's defense doesn't look good at all against the run or the pass the first quarter against a mediocre at best Waverly team. Waverly dropped 2 touchdown passes. Then they seemed to wear down the second quarter. West is gonna have to play well to contain Yates, but if this game is close or we're ahead in the second half, big advantage to the size and depth of West.

Football Crazy # 1
Waterboy

Post by Football Crazy # 1 »

sleepy floyd wrote:I heard at work Indians had 14 players out with either injury or flu bug bad time of year for flu.

I heard that they closed down Portsmouth West due to everyone on the football team being sick.

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

^True! The hershey squirts hit the entire team at Wednesdays practice. Look for a sloppy and wet field Friday night.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

footballdoc wrote:Hey guys check out the video posted on justen staggs facebook page, a fake interveiw of a valley player after the game. VERY FUNNY ! it looks as if it was done in fun .
:lol: :lol: :lol: that is funny as hell!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”