JV Team

Re: 10/8 - Ironton 19 VS JACKSON 26 - FINAL - 3OT

Post by loyaldevilfan »

WOW!!!!

X-Factor5
Waterboy

Post by X-Factor5 »

This was an incredible game! Tip your hat to the Fighting Tigers, they did just that Friday night. This is one of those games where anyone who played is going to lay in bed Saturday morning and not want to move. Good 'ole hard nosed football. Ironmen played a great game, battled through some tough situations and held on for the victory. I don't know that i've ever seen or been apart of a game like i witnessed Friday night. Wow!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IRONTON , ON THE OTHER HAND. SEEMS LIKE WE ARE IN A FEW OF THESE EVERY YEAR. THATS TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM JACKSON AT ALL. BUT WE GET EVERYBODIES BEST GAME FROM WEEK 1 TILL WE ARE DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Jackson was a good team, in my uneducated opinion, certainly no shame losing to them but...I have to agree with Bait on that statement. Many times, teams come running out onto the field, fans stream down there as well and people pose in front of the score board to have their photo taken whenever they beat the Tigers. It's also been rumored that...women swoon, men stand taller, parents name their children after their coach

2005 Image

2010 Image

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

maybe teams that have only beat them a hand full of times, but not teams that lead the series :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Like you can remember when most of those games were won..! most of them were won by guys wearing leather helmets ;-)

anyway, after the...Image...the series will be tied and I can sit there and enjoy a big footlong sub and tell you about it ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

biggdowgg wrote:maybe teams that have only beat them a hand full of times, but not teams that lead the series :mrgreen:
:lol: ;-) ........they just have large trophies made to commemorate a victory over Ironton... ;-) :lol:

Gotcha there guy!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:maybe teams that have only beat them a hand full of times, but not teams that lead the series :mrgreen:
:lol: ;-) ........they just have large trophies made to commemorate a victory over Ironton... ;-) :lol:

Gotcha there guy!

is that the trophie that was held hostage by the great coach a couple years back :?: :lol: ...by the way, the trophy ideal came from Ironton, we agreed :122246

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:Like you can remember when most of those games were won..! most of them were won by guys wearing leather helmets ;-)

anyway, after the...Image...the series will be tied and I can sit there and enjoy a big footlong sub and tell you about it ;-)

I may not remember, but I do know it happened,and seeing how much you like "history' thought I would throw one at you.

by the way, after this year, you will be two games behind .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

now i understand the subway bowl. been tryin to figure that one out myself.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

biggdowgg wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

Gotcha there guy!

is that the trophie that was held hostage by the great coach a couple years back :?: :lol: ...by the way, the trophy ideal came from Ironton, we agreed :122246
It pooped in the pot and fell back into it. That was Portsmouth's idea all the way...Ironton didn't want to do it but Portsmouth insisted. Ask around, you'll see ;-) it's just been so long since you all seen that trophy, you've forgot the story. Heck, many Portsmouth fans think it's only a myth and never existed as it was created and lost..long before they were born..

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I already ask ,and I know the story....ask some of your Ironton friends :mrgreen:

I remember well when we won and was supposed to bring the trophie him with us, but it was not at the field after the game...I wont go into why it was not there and who was responsible "out of respect"...but he was not a happy camper that night 8)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

biggdowgg wrote:I already ask ,and I know the story....ask some of your Ironton friends :mrgreen:

I remember well when we won and was supposed to bring the trophie him with us, but it was not at the field after the game...I wont go into why it was not there and who was responsible "ouit of respect"...bu he was not a happy camper that night 8)
What the heck is a 'trophie' anyway? I bet one 'trophie' you can't find in Portsmouth is a 'Spilling Be Trophie'

Anyway, I think the only thing you really need to be concerned with, and not be worrying about no trophie, is weather Subway will still have that five buck special deel on the weak after the Great Subway Bowl!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:I already ask ,and I know the story....ask some of your Ironton friends :mrgreen:

I remember well when we won and was supposed to bring the trophie him with us, but it was not at the field after the game...I wont go into why it was not there and who was responsible "ouit of respect"...bu he was not a happy camper that night 8)
What the heck is a 'trophie' anyway? I bet one 'trophie' you can't find in Portsmouth is a 'Spilling Be Trophie'

Anyway, I think the only thing you really need to be concerned with, and not be worrying about no trophie, is weather Subway will still have that five buck special deel on the weak after the Great Subway Bowl!
you are one to talk there big boy.... 8)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You have to ban yourself, that's automatic expulsion for quoting someone and changing their spillin'

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yeah. blame it on someone else......... :oops:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you guys are a hoot.

Return to “Football”