OVC: Fairland (3-4; 2-0) @ Chesapeake (2-5; 2-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Re: OVC: Fairland (3-4; 2-0) @ Chesapeake (2-5; 2-0)

Post by Waterboy »

35-12 Peake.. Very bad game plan from the beginning once again from Fairland Coaching Staff. Just dont get the offensive coach's thoughts and play call and never will. I hate it for all the fans, parents, and family that travel to watch good high school football and get treated to something so un-organized and unprepared. Dont have time to write all details.

Congrats to Chesapeake they won they game and hopefully can contend with Coal Grove with the OVC title.

Fairland please keep your head up and finish Strong. These are the times that you will remember forever!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Allow me. Fairland didn't even give their inside game a chance to develop. They were always trying to trick Chesapeake when they might have been able to handle them up front up the gut. We'll
never know. They tried to be cute the whole first half and they got burned. Dropped passes, poor decision-making, slow o-line, poor play-calling.
For Chesapeake on O, the ends were open all night. The line did an excellent job of pulling. The counters looked great. On the inside, they were able to pound away and usually get at least the proverbial 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I still say CG wins in week 10, but Chesapeake can make it interesting.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

How is that for a rivalry? An old fashion take ya behind the shed and whoop ya type of game! Nice Job Boys!

Final
CHS 35
FHS 12

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Great win Peake! Once again, the underdog wins in this series...

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

To be honest I don't think Chesapeake was the underdog. I think if Chesapeake had played Fairland's schd then they would have been the favorite coming into this one.

I will say this after seeing my first game.

Nate Jones needs to carry the ball more.
Loved seeing Austin flanked out.
Thought the front 4 on the defensive line were very disruptive and good against the run.
LB are solid just not great athletes.
Secondary has gotten a lot more solid.
Chesapeake takes care of the football they win this one by 35+.

When is Fairland going to learn that they need to run a different system? They tried running the spread with a lot better skilled players then they have now and were not been successful. Coach Ward is probably somewhere laughing his tail off thinking good job getting rid of me. Run a system that fits your personnel. You are not a spread team. Put Fisher in the I and run down hill.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I totally agree with everything you just said. :)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Peake, when I said "underdog" I was going by the projections. Both CalPreps and Drew Pasteur has Peake as slight underdogs. As I said before the game, I hadn't seen Fairland play yet. Of course when Fairland has 3 wins and Peake has 2 coming into the game, that's really nothing to go on.
I totally agree with you about Fairland's offense. Their o-line is huge! It reminds me so much of CGs lines midway through the last decade. They didn't even hardly attempt to run between the tackles while I was there. I will say that Fairland's receivers dropped a few very catchable balls here and there, but otherwise I was scratching my head.
I love watching McMasters at QB. He is very good with his fakes and looked very comfortable. He also throws a pretty nice deep ball now and then.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

i agree with peake.
why fire a guy that went 7-3 and lost in the playoffs?
Ward should still be there, this team really only has one athlete and they need to learn how to use him better.

Return to “Football”