OVC: Rock Hill (0-6; 0-1) @ Coal Grove (5-1; 1-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC: Rock Hill (0-6; 0-1) @ Coal Grove (5-1; 1-0)

Post by BuckBalls »

Native Blood,

No problem I am just like you defending my team. I wish all area teams good luck. Rock Hill has had it up and down here lately just been more downs then ups. Hopefully they will get things back together. Yes coach Knipp is a good coach and one hell of a fella. But you know he can only coach them so much he cannot play for them. So everyone hating on him should just realize this. Good luck with Fridays game let it be injury free.

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

Is this game still as big as it used to be? It seems like when i played Rock Hill would fill the bleachers and then some.. now both sides seem to be somewhat empty compared to the way it used to be...

Hey Fuzz.. whats the longest win streak either team has had against each other? ( I dont have my book anymore)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

CG won 9 in a row from 1959 to 1967. . . Didn't even have to look at the book for
that one 8)
The Hornets have won 7 in a row twice since: 1978-84 & '86-92.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I just saw on the Coal Grove football fan page on facebook that there is a challenge from some of the things that a few of us have said about the Coal Grove games lately, and you know, I hope the challenge that was placed on there does get answered, I would love to hear the Pat be like it use to be.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

lets go grove KILL THE HILL had to say it atleast once. good luck to both teams on a injury free game.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

2trap_4ever wrote:I just saw on the Coal Grove football fan page on facebook that there is a challenge from some of the things that a few of us have said about the Coal Grove games lately, and you know, I hope the challenge that was placed on there does get answered, I would love to hear the Pat be like it use to be.
It seems that most of the big local rivalries have faded. Way back in the day you could not get a seat at this game. You should have seen the crowds that turned out for the Boyd Co. Vs Ashland games all through the 70's standing room only if you got there after 6:15 for a 7:00 kickoff. It seems the support of the students body at most schools has waned. I really hate to see this, It always made us play twice as hard if we had a big noisy crowd pulling for us. At last weeks Chesapeake game the visiting crowd must have been the starters parents,the band, and maybe 50-75 students.
Come people get off the couch,put down the remote/joystick friday night and go support your local team the fresh cool air will do you good.

Go Redmen

hah-knee-gee gee-gah-gay ah- knee-sss-gah-yaw

wolverine
Freshman Team

Post by wolverine »

gotta go with CG

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

nativeblood wrote:
2trap_4ever wrote:I just saw on the Coal Grove football fan page on facebook that there is a challenge from some of the things that a few of us have said about the Coal Grove games lately, and you know, I hope the challenge that was placed on there does get answered, I would love to hear the Pat be like it use to be.
It seems that most of the big local rivalries have faded. Way back in the day you could not get a seat at this game. You should have seen the crowds that turned out for the Boyd Co. Vs Ashland games all through the 70's standing room only if you got there after 6:15 for a 7:00 kickoff. It seems the support of the students body at most schools has waned. I really hate to see this, It always made us play twice as hard if we had a big noisy crowd pulling for us. At last weeks Chesapeake game the visiting crowd must have been the starters parents,the band, and maybe 50-75 students.
Come people get off the couch,put down the remote/joystick friday night and go support your local team the fresh cool air will do you good.

Go Redmen

What in the world is that?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not laughing at you, just when I read that I literally laughed because I'm sitting here trying to put all that together, and it just wasn't happening.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I look for a pretty good turnout at this one. There was a great crowd in Rock Hill last year and if I remember right it was cold and wet. The weather should be about perfect for football tomorrow. I got to the CG/SP game in the 4th qt last Friday and it seemed like there had been a pretty decent crowd there, too. What say you, 2trap?

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

TigerTownKid wrote:
nativeblood wrote:

Go Redmen

What in the world is that?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not laughing at you, just when I read that I literally laughed because I'm sitting here trying to put all that together, and it just wasn't happening.

You must be paleface? :idea: :lol:
Actually that is the english phonetic breakdown of the words, Go Redmen as it would be spoken in Cherokee!!

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

Native Blood-
I think you are great!! Love that positive support for our Redmen!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This will be the 60th meeting in a series that has been continued every year since 1951. Coal Grove leads the all-time series, 45-14-0 (76%). They've won 4 in a row. The Class of 2011 could become the 20th class to go through high school without a loss to the Redmen in varsity football.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I am hoping to see more of the passing game that we saw last week, Alex has shown a lot this year and I can't wait to watch him progress over the next few years, I think we have ourselves a passing game now.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

knippswife wrote:Native Blood-
I think you are great!! Love that positive support for our Redmen!!!
Thanks knippswife,
Everybody wants to win every game but sometimes it just does not happen. Yea we are a little down on talent but the part that bothers me most is that there is so much talent,size, and strength walking around in the halls of that school, but for whatever reason they do not go out for the team. But you can gurantee they are the first ones to say the team sucks, I am not going to the game to see us lose. I just keep telling them to get up off there butts and get out there and play and help change the outcomes.
I just hope the boys stay focused and come out and play like they did during the second quarter last week and give them hornets a good old fashion swattin'.
Good luck to both teams and have a fun injury free game!!!
Fight like Warriors
ah-la-si-dee nah-sss-gee-yaw-ee ah-yaw-gee

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

game day time to get ready for the game. lets go hornets time to get ready for the hill. if anyone gets hungery befor game time there is a spaghetti dinner at the cafeteria starting at 5 going to 7. hope for a injury free game.

n2sports
Waterboy

Post by n2sports »

Definitely going with CG..Rock hill has been down this season and the hornets have been really pulling their team together. Hope to see some passing and of course we will see alot of the run game from the grove. I am excited to see the power backs in action along with the speed. go hornets!!!

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

Coal Grove Big

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Close to four hours til kickoff, can't wait for this,,,,I truly hope to be surprised with the fan turnout tonight and the excitement in the stands, because if Grove fans cannot get up for Rock Hill then next week the Pat will sound like a library.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Final Coal Grove 42 Rock Hill 14

Great game for the Grove, Rock Hill had no answer for the power running game tonight.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No surprises here. Classic Big Dad football, winning in the trenches and just letting your big back run over people. Woods had an absolutely monstrous game; there were very few carries on which he picked up less than 4 yards. After the first half, Rock Hill looked dead. Two games into the OVC slate it still doesn't look like there is a conference opponent who can go toe to toe with the Hornets.

Return to “Football”