SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

OST
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by OST »

After tonight seniors you have 3 given games left. Leave it all on the feild and don't have any regrets down the road.

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

minford by a bunch west is a joke

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

HONESTABE wrote:minford by a bunch west is a joke
Really? West hasn't played the toughest of schedules so far but they are beating teams by an average of 40 points a game. That's far from being a joke.

Fubar
Waterboy

Post by Fubar »

West has this game locked. Minford has nothing to stop Pendleton, plus their passing game is starting to develop. Along with that, West has a darn good defense which will stop Minford's offense in their tracks. Location will have little to do with this one, West always travels well too.

I say West by at least 14, possibly into the 20s. I'll go with 35-13

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i'll guess 31-20 west. too much overall strength and talent for minford to hang , plus i think the beating the falcons absorbed last week will still be fresh in their minds. hard to be confident after getting handled like that MD

n2sports
Waterboy

Post by n2sports »

IMO West by 2 td's..Good luck to both teams and above all stay healthy!!! ;-) ;-)

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I'm glad all the Minford fans are taking us for granted saying we have not played no one. I hope their team feels the same way and shows up flat again this week, I've never seen a scoreboard at a High School game reach 100 before

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Minford is not real big on either side of the ball, plus most of their bigs go both ways. West is bigger and just better upfront and ours play 1 way. I think Minford will come out with alot of spirit, but after the adrenaline wears off the difference will show about midway of the second quarter. West will start workin' on them then. If West doesn't kill themselves with turnovers, Minford doesn't have the talent to play with West.

Also something to think about is the quickness and downfield blocking of West's guards. They will get to Sloan, who is a heck of a linebacker. But he roamed free last year, mainly because his D-line was very good. They'll get a hat on him this year.

Wheelersburg ran alot from the T last week and Minford tried bringing their corners in tight for the 5-4 look they did against us last year. Minford kept it between the tackles and continued to gash them. If Minford thought Shankwieler runs hard, wait till the Beast hits that hole.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Man im gonna miss the westfall homecoming game just to go watch west win this one by 40! Maybe I can start a riot!

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

I think home field WILL make a difference in this one. Coach Daniels and his staff does an excellent job of getting kids ready to play. I think they get over the Burg hangover and upset West in a close physical game. Minford 21-14

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

Minford's defense will have to play tough to hold Pendleton & Company to 14 points.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

I bet this game will be packed! Gonna be a good game

forward
Waterboy

Post by forward »

Minford fans are right West hasnt played anyone.... But they will still beat Minford tonight.......Badly!! Minfords O-line was exposed last week and it will be more of the same!!
West will try to get one up on the Burg and beat the dirty birds worse than the Pirates did...... West 49-0 Nothing against Minford i just think they are way over rated :(

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

siderman wrote:
OST wrote:Both teams have alot to prove come friday night. West has to prove to everyone that they aren't the same team they were last year and that this year they have other weapons beside pendleton.

Minford has to prove that they're the team they were the first 5 games and that this loss to wheelersburg has them ready to go and bounce back.

Everyone knows the main key for Minford is to stop Trevon which it should be the kids one hell of a player and will make you pay for your mistakes but they cant focus everything on him or Locher Auger and Ratliff(sp?) will run wild. West on the other hand will have to contain butcher and piguet both who can turn the corner and go for 6 on any given play. but if they begin to contain the outsides then the middle is where slone lives.

Obviously after last week Minford is the underdog which back in high school I loved being the underdog coming into a game. Made me feel like I had to step my game up that much more which I hope the falcons do the same.

Can't wait for this game to be on it's way friday!
I would say Minford has gotten alot of practice at this underdog role throughout the years. :122245

Times have changed, black and white tv....color tv, horse and buggy...automobile....

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Game of the week in the area....let's talk about fishing???

Where is all the talk about Minford's speed we heard last week? I think last week Burg proved there is a HUGE difference between track speed and football speed. I think this week Minford will show up and make this a good game. The home field advantage plus the fact that Minford won last year at the Rock will be enough to keep West doubting whether they can win. Minford must make a statement early and show they recovered from last week. West must make a statement early to show the cupcakes they scheduled weeks 1-5 will not be a factor.

28-20....could go either way...

waverly34
Waterboy

Post by waverly34 »

west 34-13

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

forward wrote:Minford fans are right West hasnt played anyone.... But they will still beat Minford tonight.......Badly!! Minfords O-line was exposed last week and it will be more of the same!!
West will try to get one up on the Burg and beat the dirty birds worse than the Pirates did...... West 49-0 Nothing against Minford i just think they are way over rated :(

Not as over rated as WEST was last year.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

If west comes into this game like Minford did last week then Minford wins and the riff raff heads back to the west side to dream about next year. regardless of how the game turns out it will be funny to read about "them siders" and their take on the game....with their educated insight and all. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Big Poppy
Waterboy

Post by Big Poppy »

good luck to both teams....... hope the game lives up to the hype.... minford 16 west 12

southernpride
Riding the Bench

Post by southernpride »

Apparently, Both teams forgot to bring defenses. 18-14 west in the 2nd quarter. Why is west chasing points this early by going for the 2 point conversions?

Return to “Football”