SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

28Buck
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

Post by 28Buck »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
helped when your DE gets thrown to the ground by his shoulder pads right before hitting the QB...
Here come the excuses. :roll:
No no no if you read my posts i gave it up to burg? i was just saying on that particular play and a few others there was some calls that we last week got called for.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg had 9 penalties for 90 yards and Minford had 6 for 43. Burg had 5 for 35 in the first half and Minford had 5 for 38, so the Falcons only had 1 penalty for 5 yards the entire second half while the Burg had 4 for 55 and yet the refs helped the Pirates. Get a clue dude. The refs did not help the Burg to a 45-0 lead.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Delete my posts. I dont care bleeding red you know Minford is done! Done! One more time done!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

M46 wrote:Delete my posts. I dont care bleeding red you know Minford is done! Done! One more time done!

You still up little boy??

I think I hear your mommy hollerin' for ya. You better get to bed now.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

m46.

please check your pm box.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

biggdowgg wrote:m46.

please check your pm box.

Rut-rowwww shaggy. U in trouble now.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

And people thought I was crazy when I said 42-14. Look who looks like the idiot now, Minford. You're not that good. Good luck to Burg the rest of the season.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg had 9 penalties for 90 yards and Minford had 6 for 43. Burg had 5 for 35 in the first half and Minford had 5 for 38, so the Falcons only had 1 penalty for 5 yards the entire second half while the Burg had 4 for 55 and yet the refs helped the Pirates. Get a clue dude. The refs did not help the Burg to a 45-0 lead.
I never said they helped the Pirates? Where you pulling that one out of? The only three I believe were called wrong were the holding on that play discussed earlier, the roughing the kicker which from vantage point looked like a very nice acting job and PI called on butcher. Stegman and Butcher were both jostling, the ball was severely underthrown Butcher attempts to come back to the ball and Stegman has a hold on the back of Butchers jersey/shoulder pads. Like ive stated already, the Burg was by far the better team tonight and wanted the game way more than Minford. Good luck the rest of the season!
Last edited by 28Buck on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Jason Vorhees wrote:And people thought I was crazy when I said 42-14. Look who looks like the idiot now, Minford. You're not that good. Good luck to Burg the rest of the season.

and Oak Hill cant beat a good team away from Davis Stadium. wonder why that is? The Burg that played tonight would have beat your Oaks just as soundly.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Who said they were my Oaks? I just heard the Minford/Burg score and thought I would put my unwise words in on it. But, what do I know? Minford will lose next week to West and then to Valley in week ten.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Who said they were my Oaks? I just heard the Minford/Burg score and thought I would put my unwise words in on it. But, what do I know? Minford will lose next week to West and then to Valley in week ten.
Research gives me a hunch. That is very possible as when it comes to Friday night anything can happen 8)

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Congrats to the Pirates on a HUGE!!! Win Tonight. Looks like its going to come down to West and Burg for the Gold Football this Year. Don't see how a few bad REF calls would have made any difference in this one.
Burg just dominated tonight as I thought they would. Hope the Falcons are all Healthy for a very Physical West Game next week....... West certainly is Playing some smash mouth Football this year..........Go West!!!!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

hmm.... is minford overrated? or was burg underrated?

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

WOW, 45-13 has the Burg been sandbagging this year just waiting for conference play?
Great win Pirates.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Congrat's to The Burg!!! The Burg was the Best team on the field tonight!!! Great job by the Coaches, the simple O-fense worked out perfect. It looked like Ed Miller was calling the plays. It totally surprised this Falcon team, and they didn't have any idea how to stop it.
Call it what you want, The Burg's Coaches won this game, Great Job.

Now the Falcons need to pick up, what's left, and get ready for a great West Side team. Hopefully we will see a different team next Friday.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I'll take my crow with some mayo, lettuce and tomato please :-D :-D GLADLY

I have never been so let down by a Minford team as I was last night.....WOW my hats off to Chad Johnson and all of the Wheelersburg staff, but Chad's defense was stifling and Minford and their coaches, fans, players, mascot, bus drivers, concession workers etc.... where shellshocked after the Burg went up 24-0 in the first half.

So my hats off to the Pirates, and I sure hope our boys can get it together for next week.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

IRONFALCON wrote: On a side note, I must criticize some of the Minford "fans". It's just a shame to see that 2/3 of our fans absolutely quit on the team tonight.
Yes indeed but what do you expect when the team quits? every player and coach had there head down heading in to the locker room at 1/2 time. then to see players yellin at each other to make a play when none of them are and coaches cussing loud enough to be heard in the stands. you can tell alot about a team by how they handle the hard times and last night showed alot about Minford. they lost alot of respect last night. next week will be just as bad. so much for any comparison to the teams from the past 3 years. i think we have that answer now.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
helped when your DE gets thrown to the ground by his shoulder pads right before hitting the QB...
Here come the excuses. :roll:
There are no excuses when you get physically demoralized. my poor little falcons looked like a freshman or jv team compared to burg last night. sad really sad.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

28Buck wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg had 9 penalties for 90 yards and Minford had 6 for 43. Burg had 5 for 35 in the first half and Minford had 5 for 38, so the Falcons only had 1 penalty for 5 yards the entire second half while the Burg had 4 for 55 and yet the refs helped the Pirates. Get a clue dude. The refs did not help the Burg to a 45-0 lead.
I never said they helped the Pirates? Where you pulling that one out of? The only three I believe were called wrong were the holding on that play discussed earlier, the roughing the kicker which from vantage point looked like a very nice acting job and PI called on butcher. Stegman and Butcher were both jostling, the ball was severely underthrown Butcher attempts to come back to the ball and Stegman has a hold on the back of Butchers jersey/shoulder pads. Like ive stated already, the Burg was by far the better team tonight and wanted the game way more than Minford. Good luck the rest of the season!

28Buck- from our view you actually see the defensive players holding onto the front of stegmans jersey and stegman couldnt move to jump when he tried to jump the defensive player held onto him pretty good. It was a good call

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Nice job burg last night- not taking anything away from minford at all- but strength of schedule definately comes into play to get you ready for the big games- Go Burg ;-)

Return to “Football”