WEEK 5 GREENUP COUNTY @ COAL GROVE

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 5 GREENUP COUNTY @ COAL GROVE

Post by footballcrazy »

You made some very good points also 2-trap but you also said getting back to where you were? if your referring to post Lucas, the last 8 years before he left they didnt go anywhere, thats my point! They havent made a real playoff run since 88. SO how many more years are they going to stand for mediocracy? looks like a long time, becaause he is waiting for his son to take over.I think you guys are in for a long drive to no where.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

footballcrazy wrote:You made some very good points also 2-trap but you also said getting back to where you were? if your referring to post Lucas, the last 8 years before he left they didnt go anywhere, thats my point! They havent made a real playoff run since 88. SO how many more years are they going to stand for mediocracy? looks like a long time, becaause he is waiting for his son to take over.I think you guys are in for a long drive to no where.
Footballcrazy, most of Coal Grove's playoff success came during the 80s and early 90s. During that time, Coal Grove had some amazing talent - some of the best to ever come out of this area. Has Coal Grove underachieved many years? Yes. There are many Ironton fans who would try to tell you that Ironton could have a few more state titles if it weren't for Lutz's conservative play-calling. That's debatable. What's not debatable is that if Lutz had never been there, Ironton probably wouldn't have any titles. In the same way, all of Coal Grove's success since the mid-70s was achieved under Lucas. He has had WAY more successes than failures. Am I going to sit here and say that I agree with some of the things that go on on Friday nights? No. Some of the things I see make me scratch my head. However, I'm not the Hall of Fame Coach. As far as the future goes, I can't say what will happen. 2_trap hit the nail on the head about the lack of respect towards the coaching staff, but I guarantee you that even now there is more respect than there was when Lucas wasn't there. Are there problems? DEFINITELY. But as we saw in the early part of the decade, things could be a lot worse. I don't think Coal Grove fans are ready to go back to having to schedule Green to pick up a cheap win....

n2sports
Waterboy

Post by n2sports »

I think there is not going to be a coach change in mid-season..better off trying to support this program and maybe the coaches will step up the practices and really start pushing the team because these kids need to be running more and live hitting. Yes, there will be some injuries but for the most part they will survive but in order to win playoff games, this team has to raise the bar to a whole different level and they can only achieve this if the coaches get behind them and push their butts all the way through the playoffs. STILL GOING WITH THE GROVE ON THIS ONE!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Tobias wrote:Boo Woods is a terrific RB. He will be very difficult to stop for GC.

I understand that he runs a 10.7 100 meter!

That's awesome.
You guys have a great combination of "thunder" and "lighting" with Lyle and Marsh. The line play is a lot better than last year, too.
This should be a great game - one of the better games in the area tonight.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good Luck GROVE!

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

half score cg 13 greenup 7

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Nice to hear coal grove was leading appproximately 1 hour and ten minutes ago.

SPLIT
Waterboy

Post by SPLIT »

13-7 9:28 4rth Qt GROVE

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

fuzzhead wrote:
footballcrazy wrote:You made some very good points also 2-trap but you also said getting back to where you were? if your referring to post Lucas, the last 8 years before he left they didnt go anywhere, thats my point! They havent made a real playoff run since 88. SO how many more years are they going to stand for mediocracy? looks like a long time, becaause he is waiting for his son to take over.I think you guys are in for a long drive to no where.
Footballcrazy, most of Coal Grove's playoff success came during the 80s and early 90s. During that time, Coal Grove had some amazing talent - some of the best to ever come out of this area. Has Coal Grove underachieved many years? Yes. There are many Ironton fans who would try to tell you that Ironton could have a few more state titles if it weren't for Lutz's conservative play-calling. That's debatable. What's not debatable is that if Lutz had never been there, Ironton probably wouldn't have any titles. In the same way, all of Coal Grove's success since the mid-70s was achieved under Lucas. He has had WAY more successes than failures. Am I going to sit here and say that I agree with some of the things that go on on Friday nights? No. Some of the things I see make me scratch my head. However, I'm not the Hall of Fame Coach. As far as the future goes, I can't say what will happen. 2_trap hit the nail on the head about the lack of respect towards the coaching staff, but I guarantee you that even now there is more respect than there was when Lucas wasn't there. Are there problems? DEFINITELY. But as we saw in the early part of the decade, things could be a lot worse. I don't think Coal Grove fans are ready to go back to having to schedule Green to pick up a cheap win....
Wouldn't matter , CG would end up loosing that one :122246

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

nice job hornets 20 - 7 take the win and get ready for the ovc. and we dont want to weaken are schedule we want to build and we are. if the coaches get total control of these boys like the old days we can go far in the future.were looking good from grade school up right now just keep working guys we have a way to go.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

Wouldn't matter , CG would end up loosing that one

i needed a laugh but that was to much.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

ONE MORE THING IT WAS AWSOME TO HERE THE CANNON BACK TONIGH.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

huedawg wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:
Wouldn't matter , CG would end up loosing that one :122246

Now that's a stupid remark. :lol: :lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Sloppy, sloppy performances
f

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Big win for the Grove last night but it was ugly from both sides. Greenup was inside the 30 yard line, driving toward a TD that wouldve at least tied the game at 13 when they get called for 3 delay of game penalties in a row and throw an INT on the next play to end the threat. They shot themselves in the foot big time in the 4th Qt much like they did against Ashland. CG had two chances to put distance between GC and themselves earlier, but Woods fumbled on the 1 yard line in the 2nd qt and GC recovered in the endzone for a touchback. In the 2nd half, CG had a 2nd & 1 at the 9 and got stuffed on 2nd and then picked up a couple of penalties, eventually turning it over on downs. It was great that CG could pick up a big win even though they didn't play great football.
I'd also like to add that once again, the CG crowd was as quiet as the graveyard behind the field. You would have thought we were at some sort of funeral or something. Make some noise people! Geeze!

Return to “Football”