Week 5 - Logan Elm (1-3) @ Hamilton Township (3-1)

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Week 5 - Logan Elm (1-3) @ Hamilton Township (3-1)

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Logan Elm stuffed Amanda Clearcreek in the first half but was still down 6-7, then gave up 30 3rd quarter points (mainly due to several straight onside kicks) to eventually fall 47-14. Now the Braves travel to Hamilton Township to look for their first league win of the season.

Predictions?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 5 - Logan Elm (1-3) @ Hamilton Township (3-1)

Post by mstangmom »

No doubt those onside kicks killed ya last week, but it seems like something happens to LE come the third Quarter.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

The Braves are struggling right now and I believe Hamilton Township picks up the win

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

How has Hammy been doing?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I think hammy is either undefeated or has lost 1

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

looks like coach jacoby finnally has hamilton back on track. i'll take them.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Hammy lost to London, has beat West Chilli and BC

Looking at that I say its gonna be a pretty good game.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

HT

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Coach Jacoby actually left to go to Hamilton High School outside of Cincinnati.

The new coach has the numbers up. HT is one of those schools who should typically be pretty good with the potential talent pool they have, but trying to install some discipline and the socioeconomic factors can be an issue.

I think this will be closer than what folks think, but HT comes away with the win.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Here's an interesting what-if scenario: if the Rangers current starting QB wasn't ineligible last year, Bob Jacoby might still be coaching at Hamilton Township this season.

But, the QB was ineligible last year, and the strong backup got knocked out for the season during a scrimmage. The next two were a running back and a wide receiver, and were placed at the helm had no QB experience whatsoever, and both were injured and missed part of last year - and today one of them has over 900 yards and over 10 TD's so far this season, and the other one just caught 5 passes for 105 yards and a TD last week.

Yes, what if ........... and now Hamilton Township is 3-1, and Bob "can't win at a public school" Jacoby is 3-1 in Hamilton OH, with Cincinnati Moeller his only loss.

Going with the Rangers this week.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Last week, the first half showed that Logan Elm could play tough defense, which they will need to beat Hammy. The second half, AC found their weakness and exploited it big and we had no response. Mental errors also killed us. Offsides, false starts; we can't have them if we want to win!

Believe in your teamates, believe in your coaches. Play hard until the whistle blows and don't let a bad play get you down. They can win this game. I don't think we've seen their best game yet and they're due for a great preformance.

Go Braves!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Hamilton Township, 13-41. Close game in the first half, 13-14. HT did not run a play from scrimmage in the 2nd quarter until the last 30 seconds, then scored three times in the third quarter.

Logan Elm did a great job neutralizing Josh Frakes, holding him to 29 yards on 3 carries in the first half.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Zunardo wrote:Hamilton Township, 13-41. Close game in the first half, 13-14. HT did not run a play from scrimmage in the 2nd quarter until the last 30 seconds, then scored three times in the third quarter.

Logan Elm did a great job neutralizing Josh Frakes, holding him to 29 yards on 3 carries in the first half.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------i did not know coach jacoby left there , and i'm still not sure who won. you have 13-41

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Sorry about that, I always think of the score as Visitors-Home. Hamilton Twp won 41-13. They also led at the half 14-13.

Yes, Jacoby signed on with Hamilton OH in February or March this year.

Return to “Football”