Who wins the 2010 SEOAL ?

Paladin
SEOP

Who wins the 2010 SEOAL ?

Post by Paladin »

All teams now have 3 non-league games under their belts. Certainly, there have been some surprises and some disappointing results. But the SEOAL title is up for grabs starting this Friday. The question is -- who wins it in 2010 ? And why ?

Current non-league records -

Gallia 3-0

Warren 3-0

Jackson 2-1

Marietta 2-1

Portsmouth 1-2

Chilli 0-3

Logan 0-3
Last edited by Paladin on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Re: Who wins the 2010 SEOAL ?

Post by Johnny Quest »

Anybody, and I do mean anybody besides Logan.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Gallia would have to be up there to take it but look out for Jackson

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think that the winner of this weeks Jackson Logan game has the inside track but Gallia may have something to say about who wins it to.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I don't think any team in this league is good enough to go 6-0 in the league.

IMO, it will be 3 teams tied with 1 loss that wins the title.

If I had to guess now, look at 3 of the following four teams: Warren, Portsmouth, GAHS, and Jackson.

I may throw Logan into the mix, but I'll have to see how they play on Friday against the Ironmen. Chillicothe and Marietta are probably a year or two away.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Heres my thoughts --

Logan is still the Champ until dethroned. Jackson gets the first crack at them. Now, IF Jackson can beat them, I would think that Logan won't win it this year, but not ready to say that Jackson will either. Current unbeatens Warren & Gallia haven't played anyone tough. Warren's opponents are smaller schools and collectively 0-9. Gallia not much better with opponents 2-7. Jackson & Marietta also have played weak schedules for 2-1 records each .Jackson opponents are 1-8 and Marietta are 2-7. How about Portsmouth at 1-2 ? Well their opponents are 6-3, the same as Logan's big school schedule.

If Logan beats Jackson Friday, my guess is the tough schedule will pay off and Logan may have to work hard but still win the SEOAL again, maybe as a Co-Champ at the worst. Warren & Gallia may be one of the Co-Champs. If Logan loses to Jackson, then I'd look for Warren & Gallia to slug it out for the Championship and no title for the Chiefs. Portsmouth has no D and you don't win titles without a D. Jackson, even with a win over Logan won't win the SEOAL . Both Warren & Gallia will be better. Marietta fades and Chilli rounds out the basement.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

From what I have seen It will be Logan.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan won the league aand finished 5 and 5 once and that same year they were saying Logan was in for a bad year.

If Logan wins big this Friday they should take the league. If it is a close game with Logan winning Gallia, Portsmouth and Warren will have a chance to knock the Chiefs off.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Still way too early to tell, in my opinion. This week will probably give us a better indication of what to expect. Judging purely off the non-league games, though, it seems like the race for the title is certainly wide open.

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

As of right now, I like GAHS with Jackson as the main challenger.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

With all due respect to the champs Logan, I still believe Portsmouth will win the league this year.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I think no matter what Logans record is until someone take it from them they are the favorite. A down year maybe. But still the team to beat. I keep hearing Jackson thrown into the mix but they got their butts whipped by wellston week one. Wasn't at the game but a co-worker did go and said they got dominated on both sides of the ball. Could have been Opening day rust...We will see this week. Gallia is off to good start and nothing would make me happier than to see coach eddy and the blue bring the title back to gallipolis. We will see how Gallia handles some tougher competition in the next few weeks. These next 3 games will tell alot. Warren sounds like they are playing some good ball. Been awhile for the Vincent club but i wouldn't count them out. I don't really know much about Portsmouth this year but I have heard mixed opinions. That being said the standings are 0-0 for all and IMO it is up for grabs and I am really excited to see what happens because we are in for some great football.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i think a lot will hinge of what happens in jackson this friday night. everyone around the league will be watching this one to see IF LOGAN is really that bad or just not good enough to beat an average to bad D1 team. hopfully the later of the 2. :122245

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I dont remember a SEOAL season atleast in the last 7-10 years where the league title is as wide open as it is this year. While the picture will become much more clear after Friday night I don't think it's a stretch to say the following teams have a legit shot in no paticular order:

Logan
Gallia
Jackson
Warren
Portsmouth

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

teams control their own destiny right now. some schedules will get easier while some get harder. you gotta win your home games and hope to steal a couple on the road.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's logan's till they lose it but right now , i'd say gallipolis, or jackson are the frontrunners behind logan, and it surely seems like they can play with them. portsmouth was suppossed to have had a good year. fortumately their losses have been outside the seoal. so if they get on track, it could be totally up for grabs but imho, the seoal seems a bit weaker this year overall with the remaining teams.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

I think Portsmouth ended up getting a little over rated in the off season. It's hard to tell what Jackson has after losing week 1 to Wellston. Gallia has been the biggest surprise so far, and Logan has played a monster schedule. After the smoke clears I believe these teams will round out the top 4 of the SEOAL. The big question is what order they round it out in. I can also see Warren as a dark horse.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

daniel, it's not a monster schedule , for a team logan's size. and with their huge tradition playoff and seoal wise. it's good to play teams their size, they are just not very good at it.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:daniel, it's not a monster schedule , for a team logan's size. and with their huge tradition playoff and seoal wise. it's good to play teams their size, they are just not very good at it.

Is this not the same type of post that you just ripped Paladin for making on the other thread? Believe me, Paladin can get under my skin, but don't complain about him and then start talking about this stuff. LoganLocos has provided the proof about Logan's schedule, with respect to who they have beaten and how big those schools are. Logan competes just fine with schools their size, and even larger.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i call em like i see em. you'd get sick of it as well, if this galoot was on every jackson thread you tryed to read.

Return to “Football”