Coal Grove (2-1) @ Trimble (1-2)

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Coal Grove (2-1) @ Trimble (1-2)

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY played Trimble in week 1. No one is really in "playoff shape" during the opening game of the season.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:The Good News: Trimble should win out and finish 7-3.

The Bad News: Trimble had 3 decent teams on the schedule and lost all three games. A win over the remaining 5 TVC Hocking schools should be expected and anything less would be considered a major upset.
And that most likely will not get them into the dance at 7-3. Very few secondary points associated with the remainder of the Tomcats schedule, unfortunately.

When was the last time the Tomcats got beat by 35 or more at home? Ouch.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

hornets have to stay focused and play hard every week played horrible last week and come out tonight and play well but have to stay focusedand work verry hard each week. ovc we should win but you cant over look any of them they all come after the grove hard. next week is a big point game for playoffs we have to have it to have a chance and we got to run the board . i think the hornets can as long as they stay focused.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

thirtyonetrap wrote:
^^^Usually its Trimble folks who poke fun at the TVC. I even heard from a friend of mine that the oldtimers at Trimble refer to it as the SVAC. Sounds like you guys dont respect the league and therefore dont respect yourselves for winning it. Ok you can get off the couch now and my bill is $3500 for that bit of psychoanalysis...... :lol:

Ok just trying to remember the last time a tvc hocking team beat a team outside the tvc hocking that had a winning record other than trimbles playoff win a few years ago.

I cant think of any maybe i just got a short memory?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I picked Trimble in this game. I dont know what is going on in Glouster ,but they just dont seem to be the same program they used to be.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

boilermaker wrote:I picked Trimble in this game. I dont know what is going on in Glouster ,but they just dont seem to be the same program they used to be.

I think part of it is how fast Trimble is shrinking in terms of student population. The lower grades are even smaller than the high school grades. The entire school district today only has between 800-900 students, and it continues to shrink each year.

It's hard to field a consistent winner when your numbers are that low. Granted, many of the boys still play football.....there are just fewer of them to go around.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

DILLIGAF wrote:thirtyonetrap wrote:
^^^Usually its Trimble folks who poke fun at the TVC. I even heard from a friend of mine that the oldtimers at Trimble refer to it as the SVAC. Sounds like you guys dont respect the league and therefore dont respect yourselves for winning it. Ok you can get off the couch now and my bill is $3500 for that bit of psychoanalysis...... :lol:

Ok just trying to remember the last time a tvc hocking team beat a team outside the tvc hocking that had a winning record other than trimbles playoff win a few years ago.

I cant think of any maybe i just got a short memory?

trimble had beat fort loramie 2 years ago. they went on to have a good year

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Talent runs in cycles and Trimble is in a bit of a down cycle. They will be back.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Trimble's running backs ran very hard I thought. Everyone knows I have been critical of them and I shouldn't have said some things so direct in the past so I apologize to them. Grove's line killed Trimble's lines all night. You could tell Grove puts emphasis in the weight room. I would love to see a grove/ NY game in the playoffs having seen both teams on TV. If Dyla and #5 run like they did sat against my Lancers in a few weeks, lets just say I hope the Cats call off the dogs early. They couldnt block grove, but they will block everyone else on their schedule. Eastern may prove to be an interesting game for the cats, if they dont correct some things though. GO LANCERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REBUILD AND BRING BACK THE THUNDER

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Might at wel get the basketballs out at Trimble.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

In 2004 Fisher Catholic beat Trimble at home in a playoff game 34-0

but to get to the 35 point level, that would be Waterford in 2002 who won 42-7

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

I think Trimble will win out and be 7-3. Trimble got beat by 3 good teams, Trimble will be fine the rest of the year and will be in the running for hocking again next year.

Return to “Football”