SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 3 Southeastern @ Manchester

Post by noreply66 »

Hounds go to 0-3

bigboss
Riding the Bench

Post by bigboss »

Southeastern, only because they probably have the weakest non-league schedule in the history of high school football.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Ditto Big boss

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

se.
on a side note, it was nice to see northwest get a win in week 2
fayetteville and manchester play each other this year so one of em is gonna win a game
se wont be at the bottom of anything this year as they will be very competitive in the svc

haha :)
Riding the Bench

Post by haha :) »

Southeastern, speechless. There is nothing to say about them. Their a joke. They Schedule the weakest teams in non-conference game, ill keep my word till they play a stronger team.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Post by pantherclawdefense »

well im for one kinda hoping everyone keeps thinking se is a joke and keeps on underestimating them....and thinking they aint playing anybody

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Southeastern wins. They should have a good year based on their strength of schedule. We'll see what they are made of when they play westfall and piketon and maybe zane trace.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

ok haha.....we will see how the svc plays out..and for who they play,,,they beat northwest 34-6 allowed 11 yards on 22 carries on the ground,,one se player rushed for 178 on 11 carries,,then northwest beats sciotoville,,after everyone dogged northwest and said they did not have a chance. then fayettville,,46-6. two,nearly 3 SE backs with 100 plus yards and trust me i have know idea who they play but they are a fine ,fast team ,,,they will win some games for sure............in other words,,win a game and we will talk

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

I'll talk when your team beats some quality opponents this season. I hope southeastern keeps winning. They have a favorable schedule and should take full advantage of it. It's not se fault, but the svc isn't the premiere league in southeastern ohio. I'm just interested to see how they play when they get some stiff competition this season. In other words, after you guys win the league and some playoff game then we will talk.

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

ill take manchester in a close one...reason why i take em...is southeasterns defense good enough to stop the rushing attack of manchester with the group of watterson,grooms,diggs,and the other running backs they have?plus if the greyhounds passing game is on can southeastern just focus on manchester rushing game and get beat by the passing game..not taking anything from southeastern but are they good enough to be able to stop the running game and the passing game of the hounds..i dont think they can

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is there a Rigdon on the Manchester team this year?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

pantherclawdefense wrote:well im for one kinda hoping everyone keeps thinking se is a joke and keeps on underestimating them....and thinking they aint playing anybody
Except for haha I don't think people are saying SE is a joke, what everyone is saying is your Non-League schedule is weak. SE has improved the last couple years. we know SE has talent, but we connot judge how good or bad that talent is when it has not been challanged yet.
You are 2-0 which SE has not done since like 2001, but against who? Adena and PV are 0-2 but against some much beter teams than what SE has played. So the question will comes down to is playing the weaker competition really helping you to prepare? or did the losses teams in the league have had better prepare them for league play because of the level of competition they have faced?

You can't even sit here and say If huntington loses next week that it means you played a good team, Huntington went 0-10 last year, but at least they can say they have played a stronger non-league schedule in Valley and Alexander.

Teams in the SVC will do the same for SE that they do every week for every team, watch the films, look for the weakness', and practice to expose them.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

i agree with all that you said.,mom except one ...most of the folks who judge northwest and fayetteville as weak teams know only their past game results and know nothing about their level of talent this year.....plus southeastern learned last week that these teams that you are suppose to walk all over,,,sometimes dont get the memo.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

pantherclawdefense wrote:i agree with all that you said.,mom except one ...most of the folks who judge northwest and fayetteville as weak teams know only their past game results and know nothing about their level of talent this year.....plus southeastern learned last week that these teams that you are suppose to walk all over,,,sometimes dont get the memo.
You don't call a 34-6 and a 46-6 win walking over them? Yeah I heard on the radio that SE didn't perform well until the second half but I attribute that more to attitude, SE thinking they got an easy win and then being suprised, OR even nerves thinking OMG we need to win this one and break our streak.

SE is due for some wins no doubt, and they have always had the talent there to do it. the "top" Teams in the league are down this year but not down so much that they willl not challange SE and I just hope they are prepapred for a true challange. I don't recall hearing anyone saying SE is gonna win the league and such but can they ever really prepare to say that again by playing at that level in the non league?

As I said it's not SE, it is the schedule every one really questions.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

i agree with that and i will say this,,teams that do well such as wheelersburg,amanda, mcclain have there good years and down ones.....noone knows how good any team is until the season plays out......westfall for instance...plays three local teams every year,,,that are up sometimes and down some.....this year would have been a good year for us to play a more notable program,,,but they gotta play whos in front of em.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

True bu history and size is a big factor. Amanda is new to DIV but history says statically they are a force to be reconed with so if they have a bad year then its not looked down upon unless it would become a "habit" of being a weak program. WF does always play the same teams within the county But again history has shown that of the 4 schools in the county there has been at least one that makes it to play offs and 3 of those four schools are in a tougher league than WF. I don't know if I would have put McClain in that senerio while they are a bigger school thier history against svc teams is not as good aas most think. I think they have only beat adena 2 in 10 years reason people do not bash adena and PV for playing them is because they are playing bigger schools.
If SE was going out and playing the worst DIII school in ohio they would have more respect for the schedule because they were playing up instead of playing down.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

southeastern played up against mifflin last season,,,losing seven to nothing did not help the program,,prove or disprove anything...just another game

Return to “Football”