Site Admin

Week 3 Western Brown @ Waverly

Post by mattash »

thoughts

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 Western Brown @ Waverly

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Waverly's 0-2.. a hard fought loss against piketon and a dissapointment against jackson.... I look for them to step up against Western Brown.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Waverly gets the first win IMO

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Western Brown is D2, with losses to Hillsboro and Franklin.
The boys from Mt Orab roll 35-10 in this one. Waverly is
simply short on numbers and experience for 2010. The
Tigers may well be shell shocked by the beating they recieved
last week from the Ironmen, but will put forth a good effort
but fall to superior numbers.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

If western brown is a running team, i look for a long night for waverly. They have got to toughen up in the trenches or else its another long season for the tigers. I'm still going to root for the tigers and hope they pull out the win.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

With low numbers and lacking experience the Tigers cannot afford the injury bug. Senior Levi Underwood sat out of the Jackson game and a few others came out with injuries. Their status may be game day decisions.

Tiger fans need to support these young guys regardless of wins and losses.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Tiger fans need to support these young guys regardless of wins and losses.
I agree with you there. I don't like when a town gives up on their team because of a bad start and/or season. The coaches just need to get these kids ready to play on friday night. They also need to motivate these guys into believing in themselves and that they can overcome adversity. I believe that the community should rally around the team and show their support on friday nights, win or lose.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

all i have to say is waverly tigers are ready and will suprise alot of people friday

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

B-dawg79 wrote:all i have to say is waverly tigers are ready and will suprise alot of people friday
I hope so. I'm not sure how waverly reacts after last weeks game, but hopefully they come out with some intensity and take it out on western brown. If not, it could be a long night.

Anyways, go tigers!

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

western brown by 3 td's over waverly..watchout though has potential of being a close game

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Anybody who stayed late at the Jackson game knows this town gets behind the football team. I was amazed to find the stands still 2/3 full in the 4th quarter, while the young Tigers were being taken to the woodshed. I know absolutely nothing about Western Brown, but I hope they throw it 50 times this Friday, b/c I think it gives us the best chance to win. We just don't have the bodies to handle strong teams running downhill at us...we'll take our chances in the air all day (even though we have plenty of work to do back there as well). Stay strong and keep working Tigers...we're proud of the boys who made the commitment to play in a year we knew there would be struggles. They are learning valuable life lessons that will stay with them forever.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Freshman defensive back Amin Gilbert lead the Tigers in tackles Friday night. I hear Western Brown lines up 5 wide and throws the ball all over the field. I know the young Tigers cannot handle a stronger team running the ball at that them so let's hope they can handle the passing game.
Senior leader Levi Underwood should be back for this game after sitting out the Jackson game with an injury.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

any updates

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

7-7 in the third

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

14-7 Western Brown in the 4th

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

21-7 western brown is the final score

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

yuck ugly ugly game

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Are the young Tigers facing a 2-8 best case scenario for this year? Hope the coaches can keep them motivated, it will get better.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

would love to see the stats from last nights game or lack of stats, yeah best case scenario. Dont believe the kids lack in motivation they play hard, they just have no offense..........

Watchthegame
Waterboy

Post by Watchthegame »

I saw a Tiger group of kids playing hard, making mistakes, but not lack of motivation mistakes. Tiger Fans this is just a very young and inexperienced group of kids playing hard but not ready for all that Varsity Football games hands out on a Friday night . Think back when we were freshman or sophomores could we have played against the other teams Varsity guys, I think all of us Tiger football guys know that answer. Even most of the Jr's have very little game experience.

There are some good things happening but not all are going to go in the win list this season.

Return to “Football”