Week 3 Portsmouth West @ South Point

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

OhCaptainMyCaptain
Waterboy

Re: Week 3 Portsmouth West @ South Point

Post by OhCaptainMyCaptain »

Saw South Point play the canadian team and they looked ok. I'd say they will compete in the OVC this year but i think West will be too much for the Pointers. I'll say West by 3 TD's

Jock_Itch
Waterboy

Post by Jock_Itch »

West by as many as they want

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

West wins this one 55-7 Pendleton will have another 200 yards rushing and i wouldn't be surprised to see West throw the ball for 200 yards either. West wins big for the next 4 weeks. They play Rock Hill next then C'peake , Waverly , And then they will have a big test against the defending SOC II champs in Minford.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

With several great backs and an awsome o-line......West by 35.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Like the other poster said, the next 4 weeks West should be able to line up and run the ball at will. In fact, I'm not sure that their are alot of the teams in the area that we can't do that to this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see coach mix it up more and practice the passing game to get ready for the playoffs. We have a chance to make a real run this year, but eventually you meet your match physically and you have to mix it up to advance. Good thing about it is this team isn't 1 dimentional, we have a really good qb and some recievers that will flat go get it. What I have liked so far is we have been able to pass the ball effectively out of our base offensive sets, which makes us even more dangerous. Defenses just don't know what is coming. After West hit the first TD pass friday, portsmouth was completely confused on how to defend us. We should also be able to rest some kids and build more depth for this year and next year.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

I no everyone is hyped but lets just slow down and play one game at a time. West should win big in this one but never under estimate your opponent because as soon as you do you will get bit in the a## so just focus on the game at hand and forget about who is up next week or 3 to 4 weeks down the road. goes for you older fans to SLLOOOWWWW DOOWWWNNNN

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

fan4sure wrote:I no everyone is hyped but lets just slow down and play one game at a time. West should win big in this one but never under estimate your opponent because as soon as you do you will get bit in the a## so just focus on the game at hand and forget about who is up next week or 3 to 4 weeks down the road. goes for you older fans to SLLOOOWWWW DOOWWWNNNN
this is true

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

siderman wrote:Like the other poster said, the next 4 weeks West should be able to line up and run the ball at will. In fact, I'm not sure that their are alot of the teams in the area that we can't do that to this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see coach mix it up more and practice the passing game to get ready for the playoffs. We have a chance to make a real run this year, but eventually you meet your match physically and you have to mix it up to advance. Good thing about it is this team isn't 1 dimentional, we have a really good qb and some recievers that will flat go get it. What I have liked so far is we have been able to pass the ball effectively out of our base offensive sets, which makes us even more dangerous. Defenses just don't know what is coming. After West hit the first TD pass friday, portsmouth was completely confused on how to defend us. We should also be able to rest some kids and build more depth for this year and next year.
Lets not get the cart before the horse though, If we were to lose to any two of the Valley, Minford, or Burg we might be on the outside looking in at 8-2...Were not getting any points from any of our non-conference schedule (Portsmouth might win 4-5 games)...So we will have to be almost perfect to ensure a playoff spot. But I agree with you we should ne able to run over just about anyone and I hope we do get to work on our passing game some.

west football
Waterboy

Post by west football »

One more day............. I hope to see us air it out and work on are passing game. If we can get are passing game going we will be unstoppable. I don't know of anyone in this area that can keep up with the speed of this time. If they do there jobs every friday they will go 10-0. They got speed, smarts, strong, good work ethc, and heart. thats what it takes to win out and make the playoffs.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

fan4sure wrote:I no everyone is hyped but lets just slow down and play one game at a time. West should win big in this one but never under estimate your opponent because as soon as you do you will get bit in the a## so just focus on the game at hand and forget about who is up next week or 3 to 4 weeks down the road. goes for you older fans to SLLOOOWWWW DOOWWWNNNN
You sound like a coach I had 1 time and he was horrible. I say never slow down...Blow the doors off!!! HA HA HA HA

Layne99L
Freshman Team

Post by Layne99L »

South Point vs. West Portsmouth to be broadcasted live

SOUTH POINT, OH-The South Point vs. West Portsmouth football game set for Friday, September 10th will be broadcasted live over the Internet at http://digitalreal.net/SouthPointHS.aspx and http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sphs. The broadcast will be presented by Digital Real Productions.

Game coverage will begin at 7:15 pm with the pre-game show. Immediately following the pre-game show will be live, play-to-play coverage of the game starting at 7:30 pm. The broadcast team will feature play-by-play announcer T. J. Layne and former SP starting quarterback Chase Kratzenberg as analysis. Layne brings five years of play-by-play and PA announcing experience to the team while Kraztenberg brings several years of football knowledge as a player and a coach.

All remaining South Point High School home football games will be broadcasted live by Digital Real Productions. Remaining games include September 24th against Valley, October 15th against Rock Hill, and October 22nd against Chesepake. Digital Real is also broadcasting select SPHS volleyball games live and in the winter time will broadcast the “SPHS Basketball Game of the Week” once each week.

For more information visit www.digitalreal.net.

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

West shouldn't have too much of a problem against South Point. They better not overlook them though, because anything can happen.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Portsmouth West all the way! They will win big tonight.

They are playing Triplettball now!

GO WEST!

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Those West Siders Just Keep Rollin!!!!!!!!! Way to go Boys!!!!!!!!!!
The Fumble Bug showed up but that happens. South Point has some Good Athletes and played very tough, they have good speed to.IMO
Now on to next wk and Rock Hill,those Redmen always play us tough, very Physical.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I am a diehard Westsider and when they do good I praise them, but I am a realist. When they do bad I am not gonna say they do great. First with the turnovers. 6????????? 5 fumbles? and a pick. Southpoint did not have "great" athletes, they had kids that wanted to play a football game, we didn't lastnight. The turnovers are unacceptable. I am sure Coach will bring back some Summer conditioning this week to remind them of the turnovers. If you turn the ball over to a halfway decent football team 6 times you will get beat every time. We had no push up front on either side of the ball. It seemed like we were catching their backs instead of going after them. FLAT is an understatement on how West played lastnight. I love football and I follow the Westside boys, but I should have kept he family home lastnight. I hope lastnight is a wakeup for the rest of the season. Boys you have to bring the fire every week! Every down is potentially your last down. Bring it from here on out.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Westsider1993 wrote:I am a diehard Westsider and when they do good I praise them, but I am a realist. When they do bad I am not gonna say they do great. First with the turnovers. 6????????? 5 fumbles? and a pick. Southpoint did not have "great" athletes, they had kids that wanted to play a football game, we didn't lastnight. The turnovers are unacceptable. I am sure Coach will bring back some Summer conditioning this week to remind them of the turnovers. If you turn the ball over to a halfway decent football team 6 times you will get beat every time. We had no push up front on either side of the ball. It seemed like we were catching their backs instead of going after them. FLAT is an understatement on how West played lastnight. I love football and I follow the Westside boys, but I should have kept he family home lastnight. I hope lastnight is a wakeup for the rest of the season. Boys you have to bring the fire every week! Every down is potentially your last down. Bring it from here on out.
+1

that is the first game I remember going to where we won by 50 and it felt like we lost. Bad effort all the way around. I know it's hard to get up for competition like that, but still you have to approach every game the same to get to where we want to go.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

siderman wrote:
Westsider1993 wrote:I am a diehard Westsider and when they do good I praise them, but I am a realist. When they do bad I am not gonna say they do great. First with the turnovers. 6????????? 5 fumbles? and a pick. Southpoint did not have "great" athletes, they had kids that wanted to play a football game, we didn't lastnight. The turnovers are unacceptable. I am sure Coach will bring back some Summer conditioning this week to remind them of the turnovers. If you turn the ball over to a halfway decent football team 6 times you will get beat every time. We had no push up front on either side of the ball. It seemed like we were catching their backs instead of going after them. FLAT is an understatement on how West played lastnight. I love football and I follow the Westside boys, but I should have kept he family home lastnight. I hope lastnight is a wakeup for the rest of the season. Boys you have to bring the fire every week! Every down is potentially your last down. Bring it from here on out.
+1

that is the first game I remember going to where we won by 50 and it felt like we lost. Bad effort all the way around. I know it's hard to get up for competition like that, but still you have to approach every game the same to get to where we want to go.
I totally agree no one was up for the game there was no excitement from anyone just walking around waiting for it to be over. This it why we need to get away from Lawerence county and start playing schools that will make you have to work hard and bring it every time you play them. The only school up there like that is Ironton and they dont even play Lawerence County schools.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Good job West, You played a fast, athletic, team. Just need to focus a little more.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

siderman wrote:
+1

How many team you know have a bad game and win by 50 points? 4 years ago West would have lost the game and now they are winning when they play bad. I would be glad that the program has changed that much and thank the West Coaches.

That is all I have to say on that subject!!!

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

way to many turnovers in this one, hope and believe they will fix this problem. Was at the game and it seemed really boring to me, dont know if it was because of the turn overs or what but know one was up not even the fans seemed excited. Hope we dont have anymore like last night but the same outcome will be fine. I do believe that, that many turnovers in week 11 will get you beat. Oh well 1st things 1st Rock hill at the ROCK!!! WEST WINS BIG AGAIN. :122245
Last edited by fan4sure on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”