Week 3 Nelsonville York @ Berne Union

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Week 3 Nelsonville York @ Berne Union

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The last couple years Berne Union hasn't done well at all in the overall regular season but against N-Y won one of the games and barely lost the other. This years team is a lot worse than those two so N-Y comes in and takes a decisive win home to Nelsonville.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

^^^^^^^^^^^SOMEONE MUST GOT SLAPPED IN THE HEAD FAG OF SPORTS PICKING NY ........INSTEAD OF BASHING NY KIDS....

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

NY BUCKS wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^SOMEONE MUST GOT SLAPPED IN THE HEAD rag OF SPORTS PICKING NY ........INSTEAD OF BASHING NY KIDS....
I've never bashed the N-Y kids as they are a good group and have the public and community behind them. I just usually comment on some of the N-Y posters outrageous comments as they bash other teams on here and feel that the only team in SEO is their beloved Buckeyes. By the way, since this is a public forum and is for "opinions" I'll not hesitate to say N-Y will win when I feel they have a good shot at winning as I do weekly for most teams on here. I said in an earlier post on another thread back in August that I think N-Y will go either 7-3 or 8-2 depending on the outcome of the first five games. I thought they would get beat by Newark Catholic and they did. I feel they will lose to Bishop Ready and the St. Clairsville game will be a tossup. "Just My Opinion".

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

The Buckeyes bounce back after a tuff loss.

NY-28
BU-6

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

I say the Buckeyes win but it won’t be a stomping like some say BU has played NY tuff the other two times they have played, and Coach Boston if he could would not run up a score on anyone. If the Buckeyes show up and play the way they have been coached to play I see it being a 3 score game, if they make any turnovers and fundamental mistakes it’s going to be a mater of a few points that determine the game but NY still WINS.

buckman
Freshman Team

Question from Newark Catholic game...

Post by buckman »

I hoped to catch the replay on CH 15, but haven't... on NC's final drive, when it was 4th and 2 or 3, and NY got called for offsides, I don't recall NC snapping the ball. Doesn't the ball have to be snapped to be considered offsides, or can you get called for lining up in the neutral zone? I would think the ball would still have to be snapped, but I'm no rules expert(and maybe it WAS snapped, and I just remember it wrong). Any insight would be appreciated!

Go Bucks!

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

NY's Defense will shut down BU's Wing T....... NY 24...BU 0...

CARBON HILL BLITZ
Waterboy

Re: Question from Newark Catholic game...

Post by CARBON HILL BLITZ »

buckman wrote:I hoped to catch the replay on CH 15, but haven't... on NC's final drive, when it was 4th and 2 or 3, and NY got called for offsides, I don't recall NC snapping the ball. Doesn't the ball have to be snapped to be considered offsides, or can you get called for lining up in the neutral zone? I would think the ball would still have to be snapped, but I'm no rules expert(and maybe it WAS snapped, and I just remember it wrong). Any insight would be appreciated!

Go Bucks!
If a d player touches an o player it is offsides, doesnt mater if the ball is snapped

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

indianabuck wrote:this is a "trap" game for the bucks. plus it is the first road game. alot more difficult than people think.
Ny defence is the key.If they play like they did against nc.It will be a long nite 4 bu.NY NEEDS A TAILBACK 2 STEP UP.RUN WITH HIS ASS ON FIRE.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I do not think in High School you can move into the neutral zone without a flag... if you line up in the neutral zone you can move back I believe before ball is snapped.
P.S. I hope NY does not take BU lightly because they seem to have had their number. Go Bucks!

buckman
Freshman Team

Re: Question from Newark Catholic game...

Post by buckman »

CARBON HILL BLITZ wrote:
buckman wrote:I hoped to catch the replay on CH 15, but haven't... on NC's final drive, when it was 4th and 2 or 3, and NY got called for offsides, I don't recall NC snapping the ball. Doesn't the ball have to be snapped to be considered offsides, or can you get called for lining up in the neutral zone? I would think the ball would still have to be snapped, but I'm no rules expert(and maybe it WAS snapped, and I just remember it wrong). Any insight would be appreciated!

Go Bucks!
If a d player touches an o player it is offsides, doesnt mater if the ball is snapped

I thought that was encroachment? Doesn't matter, water under the bridge. I hope they put together a full 4 quarters.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Almost there I can't wait for Friday let's go BUCKS !!!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Just to clarify, the call was encroachment. Here it is straight from the book.

SECTION 8 ENCROACHMENT
Encroachment occurs when a player is illegally in the neutral zone during the
time interval starting when the ball is marked ready for play and until the ball is
snapped or free kicked.

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tcat1 »

Burnt Onion will be crying from their own fumes this week. Bucks by a field goal, 2 touchdowns, and whatever else they want. Get you rest for the next 2 weeks boys

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

24 hours until kick off!!!!!!!

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Good luck to the buckeyes from tomcat land. Beat the Rockets.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

GAME DAY !!!! Let's go to Work !!!!!!!!

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Good Luck NY Buckeyes. Just play your game and everything will be fine.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

GO NY.....STAY HEALTHY.......

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Great job Bucks!! That was a great seconf half!

Justin (Pee Wee) Cunningham was a beast tonight on both sides of the ball. BU played hard but they just couldn't play that physical for more than a half.

Return to “Football”