Week 2: Chesapeake (0-1) @ Wayne, WV (1-0)

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Week 2: Chesapeake (0-1) @ Wayne, WV (1-0)

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Im gonna take the Peake in this one! I thought they showed they can hang with anybody in the 1st half last week! It will be like twins going at it on friday each side of the ball in the double-wing formation!

pbuck
All State

Re: Week 2: Chesapeake (0-1) @ Wayne, WV (1-0)

Post by pbuck »

Coin Flip says Wayne

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Chesapeake starts out 0-2 like they did all last decade except the '08 season.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Wayne has chesapeakes number last time the peake won this game was.......1999 when Chesapeake went 11-1

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

is this wayne team anything like the one that scrimmaged ironton a few years ago. cause they was flat out tuff.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Chesapeake started 2-1 in 2000 and finished 8-2 with a double OT loss to Wayne 30-28 and a last minute loss to Minford 20-19 (after leading 19-0 at half).

In 01 Chesapeake led Wayne with less then a minute 9-7 and Wayne kicked a 30 yarder to win with no time left 10-9.

Wayne wins this one to push the streak to 11 years in a row, ugh.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Any score...final?

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Wayne wins 20-14. Panthers played exceptionally well!

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

WOW! I saw something from Panther Football Players I havent seen in a while (Excitment, and Desire to win)!! This wasnt a game they could have won, it was a game they should have won! Something like 5tournovers i believe plus some really bad missed calls like when Terry Nichols's boy got bunches in the face while he was laying down. But it shows that having all of your playmakers helps. Saw Wells out there on D, heard his name alot. Think the Peake lost their FB though i couldnt tell what they were looking at on him though, if he doesnt get hurt Panthers win! I think the Peake goes 6-4 maybe 7-3! Nice job boys!

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

Chesapeake has a pretty darn solid football team. They fought tooth and nail tonight to the end.

One thing they need to work on is making sure their backs do not get started moving a half-count before the snap. It was not called tonight...it did not create an advantage for Chesapeake, but they'll get an officiating crew that will call that every time on them at some point...motion toward the line, or fullback firing too soon.

Chesapeake played MUCH more physical than they have in years past against Wayne. As a Chesapeake fan from afar, I hope they build off this and keep improving. Hope West is alright...it was a brutal game in the trenches (where the Panthers actually won the line of scrimmage as far as I'm concerned).

Wayne had a kid rushed to the emergency room because the tip of his finger was barely still attached...don't know what happened (it was on a kickoff and he got to the sideline...no stoppage in play and wouldn't have known it except his Dad was the spotter). Not to get too graphic, but it was apparently nasty and hopefully the doctors are able to get everything stitched back together.

Return to “Football”