Glennville vs Dwyer (FL)

surfsider
All State

Re: Glennville vs Dwyer (FL)

Post by surfsider »

Wow, after seeing that video I hope Mr. Zaborniak does something to disqualify those officials from any post-season games this year. Simply terrible to blow two calls in the final half minute. I wish Dwyer all the best the rest of the season. Glenville was fortunate to say the least.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

91blue14 wrote:i give ther refs a break on the out of bounds. they didnt have replay but florida did score on the final drive. no hand shake after this one.
I don't give them a break. There was an official running down that sideline and had a perfect view of the end zone and when that kid came down with the ball there was plenty of room between where he landed and the sideline
We all know why Glennville won this game but we won't/can't say it with out getting in trouble. Unless it was a blow out by Dwyer, Glennville was going to win this from the start and the officials saw to it that the game was close by calling almost twice as many penalty yards on Dwyer than Glennville.
A lot will be said and done about the officiating of this game--a lot more said than done The sad thing about it is that a game so poorly officiated can not be corrected by some higher tribunal

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5542549

They missed the call on the long pass but they should have called Helping the Runner on the first sneak. It is a point of emphasis this year you know!

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

JohnKnight wrote:http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5542549

They missed the call on the long pass but they should have called Helping the Runner on the first sneak. It is a point of emphasis this year you know!
JK if they had got the call correct on the long pass, the first (or second) sneak would not have taken place therefore false logic and nothing on which to call "Helping the runner" point of emphasis or not.
I think we all agree that it was poor officiating and that crew should be dealt with in a very strict manner but we also know that the OHSAA has none of those hangy down parts when it comes to issues such as this

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That is just sad. That kid was almost a yard deep in the endzone on that last play regardless of whether the catch was made earlier, which it was. Very sad day for Ohio football officials to be shown in such bad light on national TV. That crew should be banned from doing anything other than Pop Warner Football and even then I wouldn't want them doing games for my team.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

JohnKnight wrote:http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5542549

Good point I noticed that too! Another blown call this time against the Ohio team but they rarely ever enforce it.... it did cost Amanda a state championship a few years back! It is unfortunate it had to be on national TV for everyone to see,Ohio never gets respect from this state anyway when it comes to football, they are soooo much better at everything in their eyes...ie Ohio State cheated to win years ago,,,,shouldn;t have even been close as good as they thought they were....can't wait to hear what their excuse is this weekend if the Bucks beat them.I hope and pray the refs don't blow it :roll:

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

that crew was supposed to be 1 of the best crews in the state, they even put on clinics for the new mechanics commish this year, what a joke. the new commish said that the championship games last year were the worst he had ever seen, wonder if it was this crew?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FIDO wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:The team from Florida got hosed. All connected to the game should be embarrassed. The big kid from Florida let everyone know how he felt with his finger in the air.

Glenville won this game, but it was a gift plain and simple.

BTW...that was the greatest catch Ive ever seen in a HS game.

Someone ought to make the zebras have to watch the replay of the last minute over and over again non stop for 24 hours without food or sleep.
I agree with it all..The big kid with the big finger was Jack Nicklaus's grandson, who had a pretty spectacular game!
He has been suspended by Florida officials for 2 games because of that finger. The coach has said the team will forfeit those 2 games rather than play without him.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I would imagine Jack was embarrassed by him doing that on national TV,,I understand his frustrations just got to control them a little better,kid is a heck of an athlete and wish him the best....

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS; If you want to know how Dwyer feels Just ask someone from Portsmouth or Wheelersburg, they have been hosed at the tank numerous times!!!!

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS; If you want to know how Dwyer feels Just ask someone from Portsmouth or Wheelersburg, they have been hosed at the tank numerous times!!!!
Good to see Paladin's boyfriend has resurfaced. I was worried Forrest had forgotten his password.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Nick has been suspended for two games, Dwyer is appealing and hoping to have it cut to one game.
The Dwyer coach first said that if Nick doesn't play, then they'll forfeit the games.
The Dwyer AD has since said that Dwyer will be playing both games, Nick will be sitting the game Friday
out while his appeal is being considered. That way they don't get in trouble later.

As for Kirk. He said on 97.1 the other day, that he put in a call on behalf of Nick and the event to the Florida athletic association.
They told him that they have by-laws and Nick violated those, and must face his punishment.
Kirk told the Florida association that they needed to change their by-laws or at least make an exception.

He said Dwyer deserved the win, and had it taken away by bad calls.

He has also sent a formal letter asking the OHSAA to make a review of the calls and offer an official apology to the Dwyer fans and team.

Return to “Football”