Week 2 Athens (0-1) @ Coal Grove (1-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

coop
SEOPS

Re: Week 2 Athens (0-1) @ Coal Grove (1-0)

Post by coop »

2nd quarter

12-0 grove

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I just saw it on the updates post...Coal Grove 12 Athens 0.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

anymore on this?

last I heard it was 18/13 CG

traffic8484
Freshman Team

Post by traffic8484 »

Final 18 to 13 CG

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

thanks

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations hornets, great job.

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

Any Details?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Athens has to put 4 quarters together.. The coaching staff is really gonna have to figure out how to game plan better.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

This was a game of two different Hornet teams, came out in the first half and played as good of a game as you could ask, second half was filled with way to many mistakes. Not taking anything from Athens, if they could put four quarters together they will be a handful to deal with.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

was my buddy fuzzy excited.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Tale of two halfs. The Bulldogs are getting better. Coal Grove is big and strong, and very very physical. Athens line play improved during the second half as did the running game and defense. Athens had the ball with a chance to tie at the end of last weeks game with Gallia, and had the ball first down at the CG 24 with just over a minute to play and down 5 , so a very very good chance to win. Lots of new faces on the field for Athens, I am one fan who is pleased with the improvement during both games.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Spartan wrote:Tale of two halfs. The Bulldogs are getting better. Coal Grove is big and strong, and very very physical. Athens line play improved during the second half as did the running game and defense. Athens had the ball with a chance to tie at the end of last weeks game with Gallia, and had the ball first down at the CG 24 with just over a minute to play and down 5 , so a very very good chance to win. Lots of new faces on the field for Athens, I am one fan who is pleased with the improvement during both games.
Spoken like a true fan. I hope that things continue to improve for the Bulldogs.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Thanks Steely,

The Dogs are 0-2 against 2 teams that are 2-0. Last year the Dogs were bigger, more experienced , and better at this point in the season, but last years Bulldogs also were blessed with down years from Gallia and a below average Bloom Carroll team. I think both Gallia and CG are quality teams. Gallia wins big tonight against Hillsboro, and Meigs who was blasted by CG last week wins against Fairland. I will continue to be optimistic. Coal Grove was physical, it was a big time physical fight down on the river, and the officiating crew was terrific. Older guys, talked to the kids, managed the game wonderfully.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Keep your heads up Dogs!!!!!! 8 more to go!!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I also am pleased at the ability of the Athens team to make the necessary adjustments at the half both weeks to make these games competitive. I wish somebody would let the Bulldogs in on the fact that this year we are still playing 4 quarters of football and they can't sleep walk through the first 2 every week and hope to pull out a win late against a good team. Athens got off to a slow start in several games last season and had the talent and experience to overcome it, this years group doesn't have that ability yet. Keep working hard Dogs it's all gonna come together sooner or later. Good luck Bulldogs.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Is it Athens making adjustments or is the other team letting up in the second half with big first half leads? Athens has lost to team that won 2 games last year and a team that is in a smaller division them them. I feel a quarterback change is needed and see if that jump starts the dogs. The good new is we start playing the TVC soon and that will start putting us back into wins. Athens will win the TVC with ease.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This one should have been put away several times by CG. There was no doubt who the better team was in the 1st half. The running game was bruising and the passing game was effective. In the 2nd half CG tightened up and didn't open it up at all. They were playing not to lose. It should have never been that close.
Athens has some great skill players and will win their share of games in the TVC.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

The bottom line is the coaching staff has to put these kids in a position to win these games and that was not done. This is a totally different team with the same skill players, you can't script the the game as if they have the same type of team as last year. This Athens team has speed and it is not being utilized, repeat play calling and moving the ball slowly is not going to get it. The boys showed a lot of heart out there now it's time for the staff to jump on board and put them in a better position and flow of the game.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

first half was great for the hornets 2nd was kinda scarry fumbles cost us big time but they got the win hopefully thats are bad half of the season but athens never quit kept fighting i think they will win some games hopefully they win the rest. verry nice nite for justin allen also great job for paying respect for this brave young man. he was always such a hard worker. proud of the way are school paid respect to him verry deserving.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Spartan wrote:Thanks Steely,

The Dogs are 0-2 against 2 teams that are 2-0. Last year the Dogs were bigger, more experienced , and better at this point in the season, but last years Bulldogs also were blessed with down years from Gallia and a below average Bloom Carroll team. I think both Gallia and CG are quality teams. Gallia wins big tonight against Hillsboro, and Meigs who was blasted by CG last week wins against Fairland. I will continue to be optimistic. Coal Grove was physical, it was a big time physical fight down on the river, and the officiating crew was terrific. Older guys, talked to the kids, managed the game wonderfully.
Agree 100%, they let the boys play and gave more warnings than flags.

Return to “Football”