Week 1: Lancaster AT Logan

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Week 1: Lancaster AT Logan

Post by C-Bolt »

Anybody know how the freshman game went last night?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Logangrad wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:gotta love the big city media. i was on ONN's site yesterday surfing. i went on the LOGAN page and this is what they had posted as the schools profile. now, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this?

2010-2011 Season
Logan Raiders
50 North Street - Logan, OH 43138
Head coach: Gary Miller
Central Buckeye Conference, Division II
Record: -(Conference: -)

what a bunch of a$$clowns. :oops: :oops:
feeling the love for SEO.

I would call them and tell them. Make them look and feel stupid. You get me the number and Ill call. Idiots
i email them and put the correct info in big a$$ red letter. i told them for someone whos business it is to tell the fact they don't have they're fact straight.

"Your info on Logan high school is way off. Could you correct it please? I’ve put the correct info in red for you. I would think you’d check this before you guys posted this."

Logan Raiders Logan Chieftains
50 North Street - Logan, OH 43138 14470 St. Rt. 328 Logan, Ohio 43138
Head coach: Gary Miller Kelly Wolfe
Central Buckeye Conference, Division II Southeastern Ohio Athletic League (SEOAL)

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

1987chieftains wrote:
Logangrad wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:gotta love the big city media. i was on ONN's site yesterday surfing. i went on the LOGAN page and this is what they had posted as the schools profile. now, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this?

2010-2011 Season
Logan Raiders
50 North Street - Logan, OH 43138
Head coach: Gary Miller
Central Buckeye Conference, Division II

what a bunch of a$$clowns. :oops: :oops:
feeling the love for SEO.

I would call them and tell them. Make them look and feel stupid. You get me the number and Ill call. Idiots
i email them and put the correct info in big a$$ red letter. i told them for someone whos business it is to tell the fact they don't have they're fact straight.

"Your info on Logan high school is way off. Could you correct it please? I’ve put the correct info in red for you. I would think you’d check this before you guys posted this."

Logan Raiders Logan Chieftains
50 North Street - Logan, OH 43138 14470 St. Rt. 328 Logan, Ohio 43138
Head coach: Gary Miller Kelly Wolfe
Central Buckeye Conference, Division II Southeastern Ohio Athletic League (SEOAL)
ONN commited a similar infraction last year. I think they had the score in the Ironton game backwards, somebody posted something about it on preps, and I sent a really nasty email to ONN about it. I posted it on preps but couldn't find it in the archives. I know I said something about them obviously not caring about what goes on down here, or that they are just that inept. The guy hit me back, and was only a little bit rude. Their poor record continues.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck Logan!!!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Good Luck tonite, Chiefs !

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

When Logan Passes-With limited experience at the QB and receiver spots, Logan better hope they get some breaks in the pass game. Precise routes and timing are key when facing a team with the speed the lancaster has. I'd guess Logan would start off small in this area and try to build strength and momentum as the game goes on, by completing simple sideline routes and flips to the somewhat more proven backfield. Up front, the offensive line is green, except for King, who is an excellent choice to protect Jurgies backside. Experienced corners will probably be too much, but avoid big mistakes and passing won't lose you the game, but i'd be really surprised if it wins it for you. Edge: Lancaster

When Logan Runs-Brandon Graham has the potential to be the return of the standout running back to Logan after a two year hiatus. There are other threats out of the backfield, including the QB, who could end up better than Angle when it comes to running the ball, mostly because he's going to hand it off more. Look for Logan to fool around with WR runs like last year, often to greater effect. O-line's going to be hard pressed against the lancaster front seven, but if they stay disciplined, this could be a strength. Edge: Toss-Up.

When Lancaster Passes-If lancaster is passing a fair amount, Logan is doing very well on defense. Forcing a third and long is the best way to beat a running offense. The Gale QB did not perform well last time around, but he's a veteran now, and he'll be facing a weaker pass defense than what he saw last year. This is why pressure is key. Lancaster is helped in the passing game by the complexity of their backfield actions, keeping track of what's going on back their is a must, and the end must keep contain on a quarterback who will roll out and tuck it away. No big mistakes, and Logan will find itself in a strong position if lancaster is pitching it around. Edge: Toss Up

When Lancaster Runs-This is the key battle of the night. Lancaster has a fast backfield which operates a complex system of fakes and misdirection, all shielded by one of the biggest and strongest o-lines Logan will no doubt face. Logan d line has been known to perform well against lancaster up front, even in losses, and that must hold true tonight for logan to have a chance at winning. Good vision and discipline are key for linebackers. Fortunately, one of Logan's stronger points this season looks to be the defensive front, but even so, they must be clever and win battles of leverage to stop Gale runners near the line of scrimmage. Edge: Lancaster.

Special Teams- Logan has had great kicking and punting the last several years, and I don't expect that to change this season. Montgomery is the best kicker logan has had since Jackson, and i would be confident if the game rested on his toe anywhere from forty in. Return squads should be strong as Logan has fast, smart runners, and with the concentration on blocking and tackling being taken to another level this summer, Logan should be strong. Lancaster always boasts a strong kicking game, but Montgomery makes the difference. Edge: Logan

Turnovers-There was one stat from last year that bodes well for this season. In th Brookhaven game, despite the fact the Jurgensmire was not strong after replacing Angle, the kid did not commit the big mistake that would have taken Logan out of the contest. Avoiding interceptions and fumbles are vital and Jurgensmire and the rest of Logan's load bearers showed that they were not prone to those mistakes, either in varsity or to my understanding, reserves. I don't know lancaster's history in that matter, but with dry, calm conditions, any turnovers could come to haunt either squad. Edge: Toss up.

Coaching- Most would be surprised if Wolfe out coaches Carpenter this time out. Experience is key, and Lancaster has more of it. Logan still has a great staff, which can given proper player and coaching input, make some good adjustments throughout. However, with limited experience at the top, Logan will probably have some difficulty drawing these inputs into a coherent and strong strategy and tactical plan, this is often a big challenge for new coaches. Lancaster should have this down, as it is a well practiced machine. Logan may have a creative advantage, but that's about it. Edge: Lancaster

X-Factor-Who can get ahead? There is word that Logan's players may not have the confidence they've had in years passed, due to numerous factors, most notably coach and player departures, and what could be called poor preseason performances. Lancaster may have a similar problem. Logan has beaten the Gales the past few years by strong margins, and morale may be in serious danger should adversity arise. That's why for either team, an early lead is absolutely important. To go up by two touchdowns is a great winning formula in any situation, but especially when one faces a team prone to an identity crisis or one who is on the losing end of a streak and is one dimensional on offense. Given Lancaster's greater experience and more defined identity, you gotta go with them to score first, and to react better if Logan goes up on them. Edge: Lancaster

28-21 Gales

Prove me wrong boys.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Halftime: Lancaster 23 Logan 3

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Lancaster 30 Logan 10 - 7:26 left

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

logan shows it youth and inexperance! very unhappy with all the penlties. must work on controling displine. For coaching his 1st game give kelly a c- He will improve!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

final?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i didnt see that coming.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I heard it was 37/24--Lancaster for the final

Must have been a lot of scoring near the end of the game

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ouch!!

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Final Score was 37-24. As happy as I should be that Lancaster scored 37 points and won the game I am not happy at all with the performance. I felt the Gales only played one good quarter of football (the second quarter). We need a lot of work before Lakota West come calling next week.

On a good note, I am aware the Chietains didn't play the way most of the fans had hoped but I saw some great things from your team. The quarterback play I flet was very good. once you guys get some more reps and gel better as a team that offense will be very imrpessive. The running game looked good for you at times. The most work you need would be on defense.
Last edited by lhsfan97 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With that 14/14 tie in the 2nd half--look out SEOAL

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

I totally agree with you lhsfan ,they will get better .It was too bad the refs had to play a part other than their regular duties. It wasnt as bad as Ironton last year but it was close.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

mab43bac wrote:I totally agree with you lhsfan ,they will get better .It was too bad the refs had to play a part other than their regular duties. It wasnt as bad as Ironton last year but it was close.
It was the refs first game of the season too. I believe each team had a touch down called back on penalties.

noreply,

the half time score was 23-3 so if my math is correct Logan outscored Lancaster in the second half.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

AWWWWW - LOGAN LOST

Return to “Football”