Waterboy

Re: Week 3: Minford at Piketon

Post by Mohawk06 »

never mind duh at piketon haha

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Unless we get the same officiating crew from the Wellston game, I see Minford continuing to improve in key areas this week. Minford 31-7

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Whats the record for for this matchup?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

mstangmom wrote:Whats the record for for this matchup?
Best I can tell for the last decade or so it's 2-0 in favor of the Falcons. I don't know about before that though.

2006 21-7
2007 46-40

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Man I am having a really hard time picking this one, Piketon appears to have it going for them this year BUT they played a down waverly team and a very bad Vinton county team.
According to posts Minford does not defend the pass well, and I know Piketon can pass.
Plus Piketon is playing at home, and the annoucer can really get opposing teams nerves LOL.

Minford is usually tough and when I first saw this matchup my first thought was Minford

Guess I'll be debating this gamme all week for my picks.

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

Minford. by two touchdowns. #15 for minford is a good runner.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

We have trouble with the pass an obviously against the run they have problems as well. With butcher piguet slone and gaines in the backfeild will make alot more of a difference then what waverly had with underwood. I'm predicting a close game til the 2nd half and the falcons will turn it up as always an take a W with a 21 point win.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford has a 7-2 win/loss record against Piketon, but neverless should be a good game to watch.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Minford all the way, no contest.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Gonna pull for piketon in this one and hope they pull out the win friday. Minford is no joke and i think they win. Hope i'm wrong.

haha :)
Riding the Bench

Post by haha :) »

Ehhh, Minford takes this one. Piketons "streak" comes to an end friday night against the falcons

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minford17 wrote:Unless we get the same officiating crew from the Wellston game, I see Minford continuing to improve in key areas this week. Minford 31-7

True that. If I ever seen them again, I will either dig into the Tylenol or just get back into the truck and head back to the house. What they did was not easy on the stress level.

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Wellston is a very good team. Minford improved a lot on defense from week one. Piketon as won two against not very good teams. Minford's team speed is much better than Piketon's. In a hard fought game Minford by 14 to 21.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford - 28
Piketon - 7

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I gotta say it seems like some minford fans are taking this game for granted and if the team is doing the same it pushes me more and more toward Piketon.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am sure they are not taking any games lightly given we have a very good coaching staff.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

what i seen out of piketon in the scrimmage against west ,minford should not have any problem with the streaks,piketon will not be able to handle minfords speed. good luck falcons. PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

mstangmom wrote:I gotta say it seems like some minford fans are taking this game for granted and if the team is doing the same it pushes me more and more toward Piketon.
I don't think it's taking them for granted as much as expecting to win. The Minford supporters, as well as the team, expect to win every game they play.

If the Falcon faithful will recall the last time the Falcons played up there was the "Coming Out" party for Minford Football. The Falcons rushed for close to 500 yards that game and went on to a 5-5 season, which was an accomplishment for a team hit with some key injuries. Since that year, and specifically that game, Minford has been one of the top teams in Southern Ohio. Let's hope the return trip is as good as the first.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I was referring to some of the score predictions

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GO SOC!!

Return to “Football”