Trevon Pendleton....best Running back in the area?

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Re: Trevon Pendleton....best Running back in the area?

Post by tomcatsroll »

How can anyone argue that Pendleton is the best back in the area? Out of every running back in the nation he is ranked number 2! I have not seen this kid play but he must be something to watch if he is ranked that high by the voters. Yes Dyla is the best back in the TVC but, I am sure that he has nothing on Pendleton.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

tomcatsroll wrote:How can anyone argue that Pendleton is the best back in the area? Out of every running back in the nation he is ranked number 2! I have not seen this kid play but he must be something to watch if he is ranked that high by the voters. Yes Dyla is the best back in the TVC but, I am sure that he has nothing on Pendleton.

Ranked out of Fullbacks, not running backs.
But still huge

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Last I checked FBs are running backs? Quote me if I am wrong on this. If you are from Ironton you should know that the FB is the feature back in a fullhouse backfield, but if you are from Waverly I understand that you wouldn't have a clue because they have run the spread forever. Give the kid his props. You could not meet a better kid.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Last I checked the running backs on the rankings on rivals are in different rankings as the fullbacks... All i'm saying.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Westsider1993 wrote:Last I checked FBs are running backs? Quote me if I am wrong on this. If you are from Ironton you should know that the FB is the feature back in a fullhouse backfield, but if you are from Waverly I understand that you wouldn't have a clue because they have run the spread forever. Give the kid his props. You could not meet a better kid.

I dont think there is a true high school football fan in this area that doesnt recognize Pendleton as one of the best players in the area. I also think the true fans are all wishing him the best.

That doesnt mean that we are all going to get on our knees and worship him like some of you West fans. Nobody is not giving him props. He had a great season last season and I am sure that he will have a better one this year. I would think that there are more West fans making a WAY bigger deal out of all this than Trevon is. I am sure he will let himself speak on the field.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

Westsider1993 wrote:First off this kid is talked about more than any other on this site. Now this will never happen but let's just play what if. What if?.......You could take Shank and Trevon and line then up against each other 1 on 1 in pads. 1 Plays defense against the other, kind of like an Oklahoma drill. Shank runs first and Trevon tries to stop him, and then switch roles? Who would you put your money on? There is your answer. Thank you I will be in the area all day if there are anymore questions. There have been many backs in the country that were small that made it big time. So don't play the human tape measure card. West had a decednt ball team last year, but they are all back and hungry. Sorry Burg fans West gets the gold football this year.
my money is on Trevon

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

tomcatsroll wrote:How can anyone argue that Pendleton is the best back in the area? Out of every running back in the nation he is ranked number 2! I have not seen this kid play but he must be something to watch if he is ranked that high by the voters. Yes Dyla is the best back in the TVC but, I am sure that he has nothing on Pendleton.
You need to see him play. He doesn't need a hole to run through because he just makes his own he is very big, very powerful, and very fast when he is in the open field.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

west siders wrote:
You need to see him play. He doesn't need a hole to run through because he just makes his own he is very big, very powerful, and very fast when he is in the open field.

Look, I am not downing the kid. But everyone needs blocking. Pendleton had something like 52 yds rushing against Minford last year. He is not a one kid wrecking crew even though he is a very good player. Its hard to gain yards when you are getting hit while getting the handoff. To act like he doesnt need blocking is absurd.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Westsider1993 wrote:First off this kid is talked about more than any other on this site. Now this will never happen but let's just play what if. What if?.......You could take Shank and Trevon and line then up against each other 1 on 1 in pads. 1 Plays defense against the other, kind of like an Oklahoma drill. Shank runs first and Trevon tries to stop him, and then switch roles? Who would you put your money on? There is your answer. Thank you I will be in the area all day if there are anymore questions. There have been many backs in the country that were small that made it big time. So don't play the human tape measure card. West had a decednt ball team last year, but they are all back and hungry. Sorry Burg fans West gets the gold football this year.
I am guessing in the scenerio you described that I would take Pendleton head on, I take shank in the open feild. The small backs that make it are freaks, JoJo parker X10

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

so where did Jo Jo play his college ball, was'nt it at Fairmont? Why did'nt he play at a D1 school? Really don't know, just asking why.

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

Can someone could post Pendleton's team schedule this year? I wouldn't mind catching a game of his.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

tomcatsroll wrote:Can someone could post Pendleton's team schedule this year? I wouldn't mind catching a game of his.
8/27/2010 7:30 PM PORTSMOUTH WEST @ FAIRLAND
9/3/2010 7:30 PM PORTSMOUTH @ PORTSMOUTH WEST
9/10/2010 7:30 PM PORTSMOUTH WEST @ SOUTH POINT
9/17/2010 7:30 PM ROCK HILL @ PORTSMOUTH WEST
9/24/2010 7:30 PM CHESAPEAKE @ PORTSMOUTH WEST
10/1/2010 7:30 PM PORTSMOUTH WEST @ WAVERLY
10/8/2010 7:30 PM PORTSMOUTH WEST @ MINFORD
10/15/2010 7:30 PM VALLEY @ PORTSMOUTH WEST
10/22/2010 7:30 PM NORTHWEST @ PORTSMOUTH WEST
10/29/2010 7:30 PM WHEELERSBURG @ PORTSMOUTH WEST

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

Thanks Da_Burg

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

jojo is playin semi pro ball for the northeast kentucky warriors in the heartland football league.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

west is BEST

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

Weston hale rushed for 1700 yds last year

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Well, i think it depends on the situation. Inside the opp 30. Trevon. Farther out it depends on how you want to run the ball. Smashmouth football, go with Pendleton. But if you wanna spread the d out MORE. Go with Shank

Return to “Football”