Division 5 Region 19 in 2010

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Division 5 Region 19 in 2010

Post by LetsGoPSU »

The Freddies and Ridgewood may be beattable in Region 19, but not by Wheelersburg

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

We'll see. We have yet to see how good either team really is because they haven't really played that great of opposition. If this year is to be anything like last year, a single loss could put Ridgewood out of the playoffs. If they hadn't run the table last year, they wouldn't have even made it in. Right now CG is way ahead of Valley even though they are an inferior team because they've played a mch tougher schedule. Inferior teams like Caldwell and Ft Frye are ahead of better teams like Nelsonville, Burg, and Liberty Union because they play inferior schedules and win the games they're supposed to win. IMO it's too early to be calling any one or two teams the favorites or to be saying that one team can't be another. To many variables.
Last year, my early pick to win the region was Fredricktown because of their returning talent. They almost pulled it out. This year, Oak Hill was the popular choice. Will they win? Don't know, but they they can be beaten obviously.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Playoff projections after week 5:

1 FREDRICKTOWN (10-0) 22.00
Barring upset, only real unknown game is against a strong Johnstown-Monroe squad.

2 MINFORD (9-1) 21.35
I have no clue how the SOC will end up. This week I'm riding Minford. Next week might be different.

3 OAK HILL (9-1) 20.50
Tough to lose your QB, and beat a team like Minford. I think they have a tough game with New Richmond.

4 NELSONVILLE-YORK (8-2) 19.56
Athens and Alexander won't be gimmes, but N-Y's schedule should have them prepared for anybody in conference play.

5 COAL GROVE (9-1) 19.55
Important win last week. CG is now on cruise control.

6 RIDGEWOOD (10-0) 18.45
See Coal Grove. Generals are on cruise, and won't be touched in the regular season.

7 MONROE CENTRAL (8-2) 18.25
Huge game this week against Magnolia, WV. If the Noles want to stay home in week 11 they have to win out.

8 FORT FRYE (9-1) 15.30
Caldwell v. Fort Frye is likely for a playoff spot as long as neither lose another game. Still need help even if they beat Caldwell. I'm thinking they'll get it.

9 CROOKSVILLE (8-2) 14.50
Don't see them beating Tri-Valley or Sheridan, and Maysville will be a tough game. Beating Maysville likely still won't get them in.

10 CALDWELL (8-2) 13.55
Game with Fort Frye at this point is a coin flip. Unlike Fort Frye, Caldwell gets in at 9-1 without much help.

11 LIBERTY UNION (7-3) 12.25
They killed themselves losing to Grandview Heights. They'll have to beat West Jeff to get in. Don't see it happening.

12 WHEELERSBURG (6-4) 12.10
Don't worry Pirate fans. I have no idea how it will play out. This week I have them losing to Minford and P. West.

13 VALLEY (7-3) 11.15
Big games the last 3 weeks. Win 2 of those 3 and they will make it. Win 1 and it will be close. Win all 3 and host.

14 BARNESVILLE (6-4) 8.56
Have them listed because they do have some big point games ahead; but I'm thinking they won't win enough to get in.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

as much as a tvc fan I am Nelsonville York will be at highest 7-8 if they make it. They need athens to lose to alex and wellston to have a chance.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Boy it'd be nice if Coal Grove could somehow get a home game in the 1st round! I could watch both the Fighting Tigers and the Hornets and not even have to leave Lawrence County!

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

indianabuck wrote:as much as a tvc fan I am Nelsonville York will be at highest 7-8 if they make it. They need athens to lose to alex and wellston to have a chance.
That's what everybody keeps saying last week and this week, but I just don't see it. I've poured over my spreadsheet for a calc error but I can't find it. I think N-Y would get in even at 7-3. I'm not without my faults though so I'll keep checking.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fuzzhead wrote:Boy it'd be nice if Coal Grove could somehow get a home game in the 1st round! I could watch both the Fighting Tigers and the Hornets and not even have to leave Lawrence County!
Well after this week, become the biggest Athens, Meigs, Greenup County, Trimble fan that is out there, if they keep winning it is all good for the Grove.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

selonmc wrote:
5 COAL GROVE (9-1) 19.55
Important win last week. CG is now on cruise control.

I have to believe our team will not be on cruise control anytime soon, we have five teams coming up that would love nothing more than to beat us and destroy any playoff chances we do have.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

If Caldwell and Fort Frye don't slip up before week 8, it should make for a great game and atmosphere. Both teams will be looking for playoff points, and Caldwell will be looking for revenge for their loss last year. Definitely excited to see that one.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Trimble should win out, Athens could easily win their next 4, Greenup will win at least 2 more with two of the worst teams in the area in Boyd County and East Carter on their schedule. Hopefully those teams in the SOC2 will rough each other up and allow CG to stay in the top 4. I may be wrong, but I don't think CG has ever hosted a playoff game?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I love how Valley has been written off.....

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

coop I for one havent written them off but it will all boil down to those last three,at this point, Im from Missouri on Valley...... Show me

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

half way not pts based, a lot of these teams wish they could move up to div 4
1.Fredericktown
Johnstown-Monroe
2.West Lafayette Ridgewood
win out to 10-0 ?
3.Minford
Portsmouth West
4.Woodsfield Monroe Central
Magnolia
5.Coal Grove Dawson Bryant
win out to 9-1?
6.Wheelersburg
Minford,@ Valley,@ Portsmouth West
7.Lucasville Valley
@ Portsmouth West,Wheelersburg,Minford
8.Oak Hill
New Richmond
9.Barnesville
Shadyside,@Monroe Central,@ Magnolia
10.Nelsonville-York
@ Wellston,Alexander,Athens
11.Crooksville
@ John Glenn,Tri-Valley.Sheridan,@ Maysville
12.Beverly Fort Frye
@ Caldwell
13.Caldwell
Fort Frye
14.Baltimore Liberty Union
Licking Heights, Berne Union,@ Harvest Prep, West Jefferson
15.Frankfort Adena
@ Unioto,Westfall
16.Cardington-Lincoln
@ Highland,@ Pleasant,North Union

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Oak Hill gets in at 9-1 and still might host, I have them with a low figure at 22.00 and could possibly finish at 23.3 if a couple of the teams they played win what I think are toss up games.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Quite a few big games this week:

Minford travels to take on Wheelersburg
Fredericktown is home against 4-1 Johnstown-Monroe
Monroe Central takes on undefeated Magnolia in Woodsfield
Barnesville takes on undefeated Shadyside in Barnesville

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Projected Seeds
1) Minford
2) Oak Hill
3) Fredericktown
4) Dawson-Bryant (Coal Grove)
5) Ridgewood (West Lafayette)
6) Monroe Central (Woodsfield)
7) Valley (Lucasville)
8 ) Crooksville

Region Championship Odds
Minford 3:1
Ridgewood (West Lafayette) 5:1
Fredericktown 5:1
Oak Hill 7:1
Valley (Lucasville) 10:1
Monroe Central (Woodsfield) 12:1
Wheelersburg 23:1
Dawson-Bryant (Coal Grove) 25:1
Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville) 75:1

http://www.fantastic50.net/index.php?pr=Ohio_Region_19

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

interesting stuff Vladi should be fun to see how the projections add up.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

How can Coal Grove be ranked #2 right behind Minford???? They took a solid wooping from Valley and if the Playoffs started today, they would be out in like the first quarter???

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

^^^That is why they have 25 to 1 odds of winning this region according to Drew Pastuer.

If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Minford, Oak Hill, Fredericktown, or Ridgewood hoisting the Region 19 champion's trophy this year. Unfortunatly then it is off to the slaughter house against Ursuline for any of the above mentioned teams. It would be nice if the OHSAA changed things up a bit this year and matched the Region 19 winner against the 18 or 20 winner. That way at least the winner of this region would have a chance of playing in the title game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

MuletownManiac wrote:How can Coal Grove be ranked #2 right behind Minford???? They took a solid wooping from Valley and if the Playoffs started today, they would be out in like the first quarter???

Because the points system ranks Greenup Co the same as Coal Grove beating an Ohio D2 school....so that win gave them a ton of points.

Your right, this year Coal Grove will probably make it in with their schedule the way it is, but they will get passed up on points because their OVC conference foes have not won many games. Little second level points to be had by the Grove this year.

Return to “Football”