D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

burg1
Riding the Bench

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by burg1 »

We are 123 hours away from the kickoff vs. Coldwater. Between now and then, we will still be talking about the Buckeyes loss, the Bengals bounce-back win tonight, eat at least a couple turkey dinners, do some shopping, and have 2 days with our players off school.

I am not sure what Coldwater is thinking at this point. They've been there 6 straight years. Maybe they are thinking of Burg's baseball skills at winning the state championship, or maybe they are thinking of playing a weaker team from the south.

Burg, we've been there. 3 straight years of regional finals...This year the Ironton game was a big one, then the Jackson game was, then the Valley game was, and then the Ironton game was again, and then Ridgewood, and then Zane Trace. We've faced every battle and came out victorious. We will do this again Friday night. We were #1 in D5 during the season and will be #1 in the end again.

Burg, while Coldwater is shining their state rings at home and watching the Peanuts Thanksgiving Special, let's give it every ounce of effort to end up victorious in 126 hours from now.

One game....48 minutes...between us and the State Championship in Columbus! F B T!!!

PirateFan888
Waterboy

Post by PirateFan888 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:If they let burg play this one at home, you guys would still find something to complain about lol
I know you are an Admin but why do you keep showing up on our threads making fun of us because we are complaining? We have a legit beef about this. Coldwater finished 3rd in their own region. I don't care if they have won 3 straight titles or 20 straight titles. That is the past. The Burg was the OVERALL #1 SEED IN DV. That should count for something. If we want to complain we should be able to without you belittling us. I thought your job was to monitor threads, not make fun of it's posters.
I could not agree more!!!

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:If they let burg play this one at home, you guys would still find something to complain about lol
I know you are an Admin but why do you keep showing up on our threads making fun of us because we are complaining? We have a legit beef about this. Coldwater finished 3rd in their own region. I don't care if they have won 3 straight titles or 20 straight titles. That is the past. The Burg was the OVERALL #1 SEED IN DV. That should count for something. If we want to complain we should be able to without you belittling us. I thought your job was to monitor threads, not make fun of it's posters.
It's because a lot of guys on here would kill to have their teams make it this far. A lot of schools in SE Ohio dream of this type of season. For Burg fans, playoff wins and regional final appearances are commonplace. That's not your fault, but be thankful you're a Burg fan and not a 1-9 Nelsonville or 0-10 Fairland fan.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Nice post BobSugar!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

You are right on. Go take care of business Burg and do what you do best, win ball games and represent the Burg and all of southern ohio.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

PirateFan wrote:The visitors bleachers will not hold half of Burg's fans! I sent a msg to OHSAA asking how they determine who is home team. Doubt they will answer but worth a shot.

I tweeted Jerry Snodgrass the Assistant Comm. Of OHSAA and he tweeted me back.
Said he wasn't apart of the Foootball selection part and wasn't sure how they chose it. But he will find out and let me know.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

vladimir wrote:Xenia Doug Adams Stadium, Cox Field:
Cox Field on the West side of town.

From the East and South,
From US 35 take any exit towards Xenia,
Go to the center of town (Courthouse with clock tower)
Go West on Main St.
Turn Right at traffic light onto Allison Ave.,
Stadium entrance is on the left.
Thank you I've spent the last hour trying to find that stadium on Google Maps etc and evidently the turf was laid just recently because those directions are to. A grass feild with no lines!!!!! Yikes!!! Should be a fantastic game!!! For me this IS the State Championship game!!! Taking Friday off to make the 3 plus hour drive but I'm sure it will be worth it!!! Last time I saw Wheelersburg they elimaniated my Purple Riders in rather quick and easy fashion but that was 2 years ago!! And last year I saw Coldwater just mow down CCC !!! Good people running these programs and the fans are also the best so wishing for a safe and exciting game!!!! Safe travels all!!!! I will be the one NOT wearing orange!!!lol!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Joking or not. Adding an lol :roll:
You'd think as a moderator you wouldn't stir the pot, Then complain and threaten to shut down when ppl run their mouth.
That's a douchebag move.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Neutron Man wrote:
You'd think as a moderator you wouldn't stir the pot, Then complain and threaten to shut down when ppl run their mouth.
That's a douchebag move.
Obviously! Completely agree with your entire post. Your previous post about disrespect is also spot on. No one on here is asking for burg to receive anything that they didn't earn. No one is asking for handouts. The boys have no issue with who they play or even where. I too believe that a state title runs thru coldwater. They have earned that no question. But obviously this team has earned the top seed, does anyone question that?? And as such they have earned home field for their supporters. They haven't asked for it. They went out and earned it. It's obviously that freaking simple. Blah blah about all the just be happy your here crap as if it was a freaking gift. These boys EARNED the right to be here with their play. So I'll state the obvious once again cause it's kinda my thing ;) Wheelersburg has earned everything they've worked for, in spite of the obvious attempts at OHSAA to take away from them. It is obvious and it is petty. What a great example ohsaa is to our young men! Work hard boys and you'll still be disrespected by a bunch of adults who should know better! But my thumb is gettin tired so I'll close with an obvious statement. All good things must come to an end. Coldwater is a great team and I have nothing but respect for that program so I will apologize in advance for your season ending before you thought it would. Burg will win this war and I think the score will be 24-17. Can't wait to go to the shoe!!! Obviously!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Neutron Man wrote:
That's a douchebag move.
That's not stirring the pot.........

I didn't talk crap about the kids, I haven't called anyone any names, I haven't degraded any posters,havent used any curse words. I've been respectful.
I made my point and now I'm moving on......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Quit pole vaulting over mouse turds fellas. CW hase earned a permanent home spot until they get dethroned. Suck it up.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

PirateFan wrote:The visitors bleachers will not hold half of Burg's fans! I sent a msg to OHSAA asking how they determine who is home team. Doubt they will answer but worth a shot.
Well at least there are stands in both endzones for the bands which will free up some room.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

After standing beside many Burg fans the other night at Waverly and listening to them complain about the stadium and now complaing about being the away team this weekend I want to throw up. I told some ladies standing beside me that you better be glad your still in the playoffs and your not a fan like me coming to watch a good football team just wishing my team was there instead. Of course after saying that they had to come back with I paid 9$ so therefore I should get a seat and fans like you should be standing. Oh well. Good luck to Burg! Represent the SOC

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

I guess the Pirates will have to settle it on the field then be the visitors at the state

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

piratepride86 wrote:I guess the Pirates will have to settle it on the field then be the visitors at the state
Sounds about right. If the state final is against a catholic school, you can bet the farm on it.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I like Burg as a school but I tell ya there are SOME (not all) of the biggest cry babies I have ever seen.Be happy where your at,if your afraid you ain't gonna get a seat and don't wanna set on home side after you fill up your side, then stand.Gezze. We went to Athens two years ago filled up our side then filled up 1/4 of there side , I sat on home side was appreciative to have a seat!!! Be Thankful I guarantee you the players could care less.I bet each one is happy just to play and dress in this caliber of a game!!

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Don't really care about getting the Home designation except for adequate seating, just happy Burg is still playing. Did notice that the MAC teams were all designated the Home team. Nice to see Purplesage back commenting.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote:Quit pole vaulting over mouse turds fellas. CW hase earned a permanent home spot until they get dethroned. Suck it up.
no prediction on this game from me gotta keep the heater rolling :(

I can predict 1 thing IF burg wins this game next weeks thread will have no whining LOL

GO BURG

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I'll say I would gladly drive 200 miles further than the other team to watch Valley play in she state semi!

Best of luck Burg.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Good news is when Burg wins this game, the next venue will hold their fans and no one will have to stand.

Return to “Football”