Week 1 - Jackson @ Wellston

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: Wellston vs. Jackson 2010

Post by hsfbfan »

boilermaker give me the run down on the potential starters on offense and defence.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Too early to say all positions are open right now. I will say look for a physical team with quickness. The kids that will hit will play.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

No secret I just dont have any Idea who will play where. That is yet to be decided. I will guess during two a days we will know more.I can tell what I think , Prater ,Osborne, Miller, Jayjohn,Ervin,Kerr, Carper,and the Fungion boys will all see playing time somewhere .

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

A physical team with quickness huh? But, will they use any of that quickness? Hopefully they will but, I'll believe that when I see it.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

No I dont think they will use it this year ,they will save it for next year .

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

52 days until the Rockets start a streak of their own . Wellston not only will win this year .I look for a dominating performance out of these kids all year .Whatcha gonna do when the Rockets run wild on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Glad to see that your spirit still hasn't been broken, boilermaker.

Week 1 can't get here soon enough!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Thanks 02, I really think that it is going to turn around for the Rockets . I like what I see from Coach Hutch & staff. It is early but you can see a attidude change already.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

When was the last time Wellston beat Jackson ? I don't know what the overall all-time record is for this series but my guess is it has to be Jackson by a convincing margin in wins. I can remember from the very late 1960's to today and I don't think I'd need two hands to count Wellston's wins but I could be mistaken. :122248

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

FANOSPORTS,

There is some question as to whether the first few Jackson-Wellston games were between the actual high schools. It's possible that those first couple contests were between Jackson High School and the Wellston YMCA, which means that depending on who you ask, the number for the all-time series may differ slightly.

According to Jackson's Football History Book, the Ironmen lead the series over the Rockets, 68-26-6. Wellston has not defeated Jackson since 1989 (19 straight losses). There was no game between the two schools in 1991 because of a teacher's strike in Wellston that threatened to cancel their season. Jackson picked up Dayton Jefferson for Week 1 to ensure that they would play a full schedule, after which the teacher's strike was resolved and Wellston played the rest of their schedule.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ironman02 wrote:FANOSPORTS,

There is some question as to whether the first few Jackson-Wellston games were between the actual high schools. It's possible that those first couple contests were between Jackson High School and the Wellston YMCA, which means that depending on who you ask, the number for the all-time series may differ slightly.

According to Jackson's Football History Book, the Ironmen lead the series over the Rockets, 68-26-6. Wellston has not defeated Jackson since 1989 (19 straight losses). There was no game between the two schools in 1991 because of a teacher's strike in Wellston that threatened to cancel their season. Jackson picked up Dayton Jefferson for Week 1 to ensure that they would play a full schedule, after which the teacher's strike was resolved and Wellston played the rest of their schedule.

I figured something along those lines as far as wins/losses. Oh well, as long as they have fans on here like "boilermaker" they've got a fighting chance because he'll at least try to keep the lively debate going on win, lose or draw as he is a true fan of the Golden Rockets.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Jackson wins again to continue the streak!

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

A problem that Wellston has when it comes to the jackson game is the confidence of the players. I'm sure this is one of the reasons they havent beat jackson in 19 years. Has Wellston had better teams in the past? SURE they have! But the players have to believe that, and once they do, the win column for the Rockets will increase. All it will take is 1 win against the ironmen, and the rivalry game outcome each year will not be such a one sided favorite for the ironmen. I hear very good things about the new staff at Wellston and i think the Wellston/jackson game will be a good one on the 28th.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

I have heard Jackson has done a couple of 7 on 7 workouts, has Wellston participated in any? If OL play is a problem in the past for Wellston, passing the ball may be the ticket.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Wellston isn't having any 7 on 7 workouts. Wellston is going to be a run oriented team.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

What's Wellston going to be running offensively this season? Probably some type of option attack?

I think that would suit them well with backs like Prater, Miller, and Osborne. The O-line wouldn't be forced to just blow people off the ball either.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Anyone have any information on how Jackson's 7 on 7s have gone? I went to the first one with Minford, Huntington Ross, and Nelsonville-York, but I didn't make it to Westfall or to Jackson on Tuesday.

Also, who will be at the Jackson 7 on 7 on the 23rd? I've heard that several teams are coming, but I haven't heard who they are.

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Minford will be there, I am told.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

While Wellston may improve, they are still no match for the Ironmen. This game will be over in the third quarter, the Ironmen by 4 plus td's.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Solomon, I dont see Jackson getting 4 tds in the game. I think the streak ends 8/28/10.

Return to “Football”