Week 1 - Jackson @ Wellston

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

boilermaker
SE

Re: Wellston vs. Jackson 2010

Post by boilermaker »

I am not going to compair the backfields. That kind of stuff is fruitless,eveyone has a opinion. I will say that both teams have some pretty good backs this year. I just read where Jalen Prater run a 11.3 in the 100 m . I havent seen that since Brad Young and Praters coach Chris Hutchinson days at WHS. I think that is good for a young man that is 220lbs.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

To run that time at 220 pounds, and as a sophomore, is just insane. Prater is one physically gifted athlete.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Where did he run 11.3? Young used to go about 10.8 didn't he?

I saw Prater at 11.9 one meet.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think it's great how many Jackson players are participating in track....it's going to help.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I definitely remember Young going under 11.0. A 10.8 sounds about right to me.

Glad to hear that a lot of the Ironmen are running track. It'll definitely help since it seems we're usually lacking in overall team speed.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Brad Young and Erron Brennan hold the WHS school record for the 100m. 10.7.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

It doesn't matter what Wellston has as long as Jackson has any talent at all they'll win by 2 or more td's.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

It doesnt matter who wellston has in their back field or who they have on the starting line up. If you cant execute, you cant win:PERIOD. Jackson kids can execute we seen it all this past year and they have the ability to overcome bad results whenever something unplanned arrives. IMO Jackson 21-wellston 0

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

MM125 wrote:
Wellston Ironman wrote:
boilermaker wrote:Wellston's offense will be run out of the swinging gate formation. Alot of trickoration.

It wouldnt matter if WHS was allowed to use 13 players on offense and 2 footballs.....

Jackson 60
Wellston 6

Ha wow bragginb about a DII team beating on a DIV team great accomplishment isn't it where is Jackson's football team at now they can't even hang with DII competition, it's shows how weak your schedule is when you go 8-2 and can't make the playoffs

It wasnt our 8 win season that kept us out it was teams like Wellston not winning enough games to help us get in. I cant help it your program sucks......

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

boilermaker wrote:I am not going to compair the backfields. That kind of stuff is fruitless,eveyone has a opinion. I will say that both teams have some pretty good backs this year. I just read where Jalen Prater run a 11.3 in the 100 m . I havent seen that since Brad Young and Praters coach Chris Hutchinson days at WHS. I think that is good for a young man that is 220lbs.

I heard the track at that meet was only 90 meters long. That kid would make a good guard at Jackson. By the way, love those license plates......

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

Wellston Ironman, Your the dumbest person in jackson county! Your the kind of guy that played football in high school just to wear a jersey cause you thought u was cool, when really everybody thought you was stupid and didn't like you. But you are right jaylen could play guard in jackson and be the best blocker to ever play there, just ask around colleges like "penn state" ever heard of em? say he could probably play fullback there because he has unlimited blocking skills and running ability how many athletes at jackson are getting noticed like him? None from what i've i heard so why don't you do everyone a big favor and shut the h*** up!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Rocket 50 , just let him spout off . He is one of those guys who just wants to start trouble ,and on here he doesnt have to back it up. Anyone who has seen Jalen knows he has the talent to play ,he just needs to stay healthy this year. The rest will take care of itself .

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Rocket50 wrote:But is it as stacked as Prater, Osborne, Miller, and Jayjon? IMO I dnt think it is!

Prater's dad needs to let him play and not worry about his draft stock if that backfield is going to be "stacked". May want to stay off the sidelines and away from the locker room as well.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Rocket50 wrote:Wellston Ironman, Your the dumbest person in jackson county! Your the kind of guy that played football in high school just to wear a jersey cause you thought u was cool, when really everybody thought you was stupid and didn't like you. But you are right jaylen could play guard in jackson and be the best blocker to ever play there, just ask around colleges like "penn state" ever heard of em? say he could probably play fullback there because he has unlimited blocking skills and running ability how many athletes at jackson are getting noticed like him? None from what i've i heard so why don't you do everyone a big favor and shut the h*** up!

With recruits like that on this Wellston team I would expect to see a W against Jackson this year.

ironman93
Waterboy

Post by ironman93 »

jackson should shut out wellsston this year. jacksons line wasnt that good last year. they will make a big inprovement this year with speakman back and dye coming in they will be stacked!!!! kip should do pretty good at qb and ty and costilow at wrs and im still hearing johnson at tightend. :lol: but im sure he will be in there just for catching and tyler for blocking. ervin will be really good this year he can help out alot. and any word on dewey and paul coming back?
35-0

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

Pol Pot, his daddy knows more about football then most coaches around here!

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Paul Cantor will be playing next season, along with Eric Davis who is around 6'3 270 pounds

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Rocket50 wrote:Pol Pot, his daddy knows more about football then most coaches around here!

"knowing" football does not automatically make a person a good coach. I have seen many who know football, but who wanted something different than the coaches of the team wanted. Those people usually do more harm to the program than they help in my experiences. I am sure Athens has had some dads who coached at OU who "know more than the coaches" at Athens. But they are smart enough to know that for the team to have a chance to be successful the teams coach needs to be the one coaching his players. Not the dads of the players.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Is his dad Curt Prater? that guy was a beast in HS at VC until he injured his knee.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Yes thirtyonetrap.

Return to “Football”