Thoughts on Warren Football Season

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Re: Thoughts on Warren Football Season

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

Warrenwarriorfootball.com is now up and running, well somewhat. There were many questions about the staff and a few other things. The web site has a long way to go but we are moving in the direction. Please be patient with us. But, here is some info and a look at things to come.

WHSParent
Waterboy

Post by WHSParent »

Wow. So are all of these coaches getting paid by the Warren schools or are any of them volunteers?

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

I am sorry, I can’t say who, if any are paid or not. This is not a question I would ask a person. It may be public record, I just don’t know. It is great that Coach Schob has a staff like this to work with. Each Coach brings something great to the table. This should be a great season.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

To answer your question generically, Warren usually has 7 paid football coaches. This number includes the head coach, the JV coach(es) and the assistants (but not the junior high). As for which of the 7 are paid, warrenwarrior55 is correct that if you really want to know, go read the BOE minutes on the school website, but that sort of info is probably inappropriate for a forum like this.

Warrenwarrior55, I'm working on getting some historical stuff ready to send out to you, I'm going to try to do some updating of what I have so its thru the 2009 season. Coming your way shortly.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Thank you very much WHSwarrior. The web-site was something i was thinking i should have not started but now that it’s up and going, i for one think it is cool. i sure hope the warrior nation likes it. Please anyone with any ideas on how we can make it better let me know. I’ll be happy to try and make it something we all can use and enjoy.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I'll drop off my CD on Monday to one of the football players, has some pictures as well as a season-by-season history. it is not complete, but I guarantee there are many, many members of the community willing to help you complete it.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warrior55; The Warren Football Hall of Fame has all the Warrren Football information. Jim Rhodes a teacher at the high school, is a member of this committee, has all that has been collected. He has all the year to year info that has been collected since 1960 season. As well as team records for most catagories, scoring leaders, rushing leaders, passing leaders, receiving, etc. You should get in contact with him for any info you may need, he would be your best bet for football history. :122245

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

This is a little blast from the past,
but Warren athletic director and former football coach Jim Pifer has already left the MOV, and his contract will give way to a part time "Athletic Coordinator" on July 1.

I'd just like to thank coach Pifer for doing what it took to bring Warren football back to respectability and to make it a factor again. It was a tough job, but it brought the community and the students together.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

WHSwarrior wrote:This is a little blast from the past,
but Warren athletic director and former football coach Jim Pifer has already left the MOV, and his contract will give way to a part time "Athletic Coordinator" on July 1.

I'd just like to thank coach Pifer for doing what it took to bring Warren football back to respectability and to make it a factor again. It was a tough job, but it brought the community and the students together.

I talked with Coach at the BACF game and thanked him for his time and service to our school and the kids. I agree with you warrior that this man has brought a little more respect to our program and also the boys who play for us also need thanked, and with the numbers I heard (140 boys) I think the Warren program is moving ahead in the right direction. The communities that make up our district need to back the kids no matter what sport they play or even the kids in the band, they are out there giving it their all so to all I say get out there and keep chanting"GO BIG BLUE".

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Here we go, helmet fittings on Monday 9-12 at 9:00am 7-8 at 10:00am.

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

I believe helmet fitting starts at 8!! I am so looking forward to this season! It's going to be a good one!

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

New things on the warrenwarriorfootball.com website, rosters up, new calendar dates, all of the dates are up to date on the calendars’. All times are current with coach Schob’s schedule.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Nice looking site, good job!

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

thanks GalliaGrad78, it sure was a "labor of love". i had no idea what i was getting into. but i have to say now that its up i love it!!! it alot of fun to work on. it will be hard once the seasons going but ill have help. i linked your site to ours i also like yours, also Marietta site is very nice. Shenk11 helped me alot to get WarrenWarriorFootball.com off the ground.

also an updated schedule is online. updated as of june 29 8:20pm

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Post by warriorfan 740 »

Good luck in the 7 on 7's on the trip to Cincy ib tuesday boys!

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Anyone got some info on how the trip to Cincy went for the 7 on 7's?

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

Found a fan page on facebook too..... Warren Warrior Football Pride Page.... has some pics and video.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

very nice!!

WHSParent
Waterboy

Post by WHSParent »

Looks like good turnout. How did they get everyone to these 7 on 7's? Did they take a school bus or did everyone just provide their own transportation?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

A 7 on 7 update: They did not keep an official score against Zanesville earlier in the week, but suffice it to say the Warriors did very well. They did keep score last night at Muskingum College and the Warriors swept the evening, beating John Glen, Coshocton, River View and a very tough Sheridan team. By all accounts the passing offense and defense are really coming together. Hilverding and Leffingwell are both performing well at QB, the receivers are running crisp, consistent routes and the pass defense is making plays. Coach Schob and his staff are doing a great job. Numbers are up (way up!). We'll see what happens when they put on the pads, but this is a solid start to the season!

Return to “Football”